There are 119 users in the forums

Anthony Davis, here we go again

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He is a worst fit in our system than Trent Brown.

He was actually more mobile then brown, just like the rest of the niners lineman he was a better run blocker then pass blocker
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by synigod:
I can understand where he is coming from but it isn't like he didn't know football was a physical sport, but I hope we at least bring him in and give him a shot. Let him battle it out with our Oline. We can even hype him up a bit.

Then we trade him for a 5th. Maybe even a 4th to a Oline needy team

He has no trade value
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Probably retire again once Bosa roughs him up in practice.

AA could rough him up

Waterboy's mama would send him back into retirement
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
If he really is serious about coming back I'd be more than happy to welcome him back to compete for guard and be the the swing tackle

That's what Chip tried to do and he was a little baby about it and then retired again, lol.

Nah he got a concussion and decided it wasn't worth it. He clearly states in the letter that he sees concussions are trending downward in the league and feels comfortable coming back.
nice try to humanize him. no.. he quit twice. who cares his reasons. he quit twice and i could give a f**k less how he "feels". plus i take nothing he says at face value. i hate him
Yeah silly me recognizing these guys aren't just a piece of meat meant to entertain me, and will have to live with the permanent brain trauma they put their selves through. I don't hold it against any football player if they retire due to fear of brain injuries. Football players and fighters earn every penny they get. They take money at the cost of their mental health and a shortened life span. It's easy for someone like you, who s**t posts on a forum all day, to talk about quitting
tell it to oprah. i saw what this guy did to us twice. team is trying to move forward. in this guy. all i see waiting up ahead is the pain we left behind with him
Perhaps Chris Borland will be next. We need a dependable tackling machine in the middle.
Let him compete in the offseason and see what we have. I don't see any harm in that.
  • valrod33
  • Hall of Fame Manlet
Trade him to the Patriots. for Tom Brady
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
lol

I'd just void his contract and cut him.
He'll retire half way through his conditioning test
Yeah silly me recognizing these guys aren't just a piece of meat meant to entertain me, and will have to live with the permanent brain trauma they put their selves through. I don't hold it against any football player if they retire due to fear of brain injuries. Football players and fighters earn every penny they get. They take money at the cost of their mental health and a shortened life span. It's easy for someone like you, who s**t posts on a forum all day, to talk about quitting

the dude "retired" because of all the recent HYPE about the injuries. football always has been a violent, damaging sport. think of how many years someone has to play football to reach the NFL. these dudes have been playing since they were kids, do you really think they just now in the last couple years realized the affects, or just now considered all the damage. no. they knew what they were getting into an what they were risking, yet still decided to bail on a team they committed to WHEN THEY NEEDED THEM MOST

but since the media starting blowing up all the CTE articles lately they hyped it up enough to scare some players away. Borland and Davis perfect examples. guys who knew what they were getting into but followed the latest popular trend. the 49ers were one of the biggest victims of this hype, we lost some crucial playmakers we really needed. im all for taking care of yourself first cause thats all you have, but NFL players know what their risking YEARS before they get into the NFL. immature ones who follow whatever the media says (davis) got scared and followed the hype. no need to waste time on this guy, hes not a team player.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by synigod:
I can understand where he is coming from but it isn't like he didn't know football was a physical sport, but I hope we at least bring him in and give him a shot. Let him battle it out with our Oline. We can even hype him up a bit.

Then we trade him for a 5th. Maybe even a 4th to a Oline needy team

oh my god... i suggested a 7th and correctly got laughed out of the web zone. we tend to overvalue our own way to much

Hey sometimes teams pay for what they need. Sam Bradford was traded several times for high picks including once for a 1st. Just saying anything is possible but not always likely.
Like the saying goes "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
He can walk on and start over persons. And take over for Joe later.
[ Edited by fan49 on May 3, 2019 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by MileHigh49:
I DON'T THINK LYNCH WOULD WANT TO LOOK LIKE A IDIOT AGAIN. TRENT BROWN MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A NOOB. THEY JUST HAVE TI BE CREATIVE WITH THE CONTRACT

I know I may regret asking, but how did Trent Brown make John Lynch look like a noob?
Trade him to the Mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs this guy is a clown
Share 49erswebzone