There are 156 users in the forums

Brother Harbaugh is just as ignorant as Jim

I'm not saying that Murray or Lamar will pan out, I thought the same things about the Seahawks QB and he's rolling with a monster contract. So, that skill set will work if the QB improves and can play from the pocket and still make plays with his legs.
The problem with the running QB's in the NFL all comes down to speed. These guys can dominate in high school and college where they get buy on pure athleticism because they play a lot of bad teams. Look at college schedules and you see at least 2 or 3 total mismatches and another 2 or 3 that aren't very competitive. College defenses as a whole are very weak with only a few teams actually putting up much of an effort. Look where most of the defensive players come from. SEC, ACC and Big Ten. Look where most of the running, big stat QB's come from. BIG12, PAC12 and some of the 2nd tier conferences. It's no coincidence that they throw for massive yardage in these weaker conferences. When the QB's get to the NFL they eventually have to learn how to throw from the pocket because they can't outrun the faster LB's and even some of the lineman. So it is either learn to pass from the pocket or get beat up trying to run.
Russell Wilson is really a pocket passer who has the ability to elude the rush and find open receivers but he gets sacked a lot. He happens to be built really sturdy so so far he has been able to survive the punishment unlike some of the other running QB's. When you pay your QB so much money you really don't want them running too much.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Ignorant? 49ers fans would KILL to have the same success as John Harbaugh have with the Ravens. SMH.

i tell you what.. had he been available. i would have taken him over kyle any day of the week. of course it may not have worked out due to what went down with jim.. but yes. the arrogance and lack of respect about jim and john is just stunning to me here
I wouldn't trash talk this much to be honest. This thread will look pretty damn silly if the Ravens manage to beat our asses this season
Originally posted by cciowa:
Ignorant? 49ers fans would KILL to have the same success as John Harbaugh have with the Ravens. SMH.

i tell you what.. had he been available. i would have taken him over kyle any day of the week. of course it may not have worked out due to what went down with jim.. but yes. the arrogance and lack of respect about jim and john is just stunning to me here

Harbaugh had nothing to do with Lewis' last game. Goodell already had that in the books.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Harbaugh had nothing to do with Lewis' last game. Goodell already had that in the books.
There is always a second gunman. i love jh but we did not coach well in that game in regards to playcalls at the end or our dc letting the qb have all day to throw because he opted to have willis and bowman set around playing checkers in pass coverage, knowing justin , smith and brooks had 3 good arms between them
Share 49erswebzone