LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Brother Harbaugh is just as ignorant as Jim

Shop 49ers game tickets
I feel he experienced the same trajectory as Kaepernick's career had in Romans offense. Same pattern, hot at first until teams get some tape on you, and then they see what you don't do well, and force you into those situations making an offense one dimensional. Teams have so much experience against the option and pistol now, so it's not even the edge we had when we ran it. I have seen Lamar make some amazing throws though, and feel he can develop into a great if not elite thrower. He has the ability to escape and buy time, he just needs a better system.
I think there's a reason why harbaugh isn't back in the NFL. Teams and himself are aware that he isn't a good fit for the pro game. His style is too old school for the modern NFL
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I feel he experienced the same trajectory as Kaepernick's career had in Romans offense. Same pattern, hot at first until teams get some tape on you, and then they see what you don't do well, and force you into those situations making an offense one dimensional. Teams have so much experience against the option and pistol now, so it's not even the edge we had when we ran it. I have seen Lamar make some amazing throws though, and feel he can develop into a great if not elite thrower. He has the ability to escape and buy time, he just needs a better system.

He's basically a super athletic version of Jared Goff. As a passer he can make the plays when he sees them but he's always going to lead a lot of yards out on the field.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I think there's a reason why harbaugh isn't back in the NFL. Teams and himself are aware that he isn't a good fit for the pro game. His style is too old school for the modern NFL

Biggest reason is no real GM wants to deal with his ego and so far no owner wants him and a puppet running their franchise.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Biggest reason is no real GM wants to deal with his ego and so far no owner wants him and a puppet running their franchise.

Personally, I think he's just not a very good coach. Jim *lucked* into Andrew and David Shaw was the true QB whisperer, not Jim. Jim hasn't done much at Michigan in terms of developing the next Andrew Luck. That went to NDSU and Trey Lance.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's basically a super athletic version of Jared Goff. As a passer he can make the plays when he sees them but he's always going to lead a lot of yards out on the field.

Goff???? Goff is a qb Lamar is a rb.Tried to tell him to come out as a wr but noooo.

Yup. I think by now is pretty obvious Roman has some dirt on the Harbaughs, bc it makes no sense how he isn't fired yet. He's gonna ruin Lamar as well with his crap offense.
Just imagine if Harbaugh takes over the Bears next year. Would be interesting to see how he would utilize Fields.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Just imagine if Harbaugh takes over the Bears next year. Would be interesting to see how he would utilize Fields.

I know if he took them to 3 NFC championship and a super bowl in 4 years he won't be on the hot seat for being a meanie.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I know if he took them to 3 NFC championship and a super bowl in 4 years he won't be on the hot seat for being a meanie.

Lol Jim. Any competent coach would've had success with the talent he inherited. 2010 Niners massively underachieved because Singletary was worthless

all Harbaugh managed to do was bring in a cancer of a QB to the team after being regarded as a "QB whisper", and 3 of the biggest postseason choke jobs in franchise history before SB LIV
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on May 13, 2021 at 2:06 PM ]

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Still monitoring to see if he can break through and win a superb owl this year. I'm not changing my original prediction.

At this point, I'd even take an average owl.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 30, 2021 at 3:48 PM ]
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Lol
Jim Harbaugh will never do well in the NFL until he can learn to contain his sideline antics. You will never convince me that the numerous close calls that always seemed to accompany a bad call against the 49ers were anything other than the result of his constant battering of the officials. He behaved like a f**king child and the officials raped us in the most important games as a result imo.

John is realizing now what Jim did before. He has Kaeprnick+, but you can't win it all if the QB isn't a precision passer, Period.
[ Edited by WINiner on May 31, 2021 at 12:49 AM ]
Jim Harbaugh is a good to great coach at getting the most out of his players and building comradery. Sadly he's one of the worst Xs and O's coaches in professional and colligate football. Not to mention he has the maturity of a sandwich.
[ Edited by OneNDone on May 31, 2021 at 6:08 AM ]
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Hitches his wagon to a gimmick qb also. Cannot wait to see ravens get torn apart because of the film on Lamar this year. I do not understand these coaches thinking the running qb gimmick will work. Cam Newton is literally twice the athlete Kap was who is more of an athlete than Lamar by far and struggles to win big.

Where's your super bowl?
Share 49ersWebzone