There are 282 users in the forums

Brother Harbaugh is just as ignorant as Jim

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
It's a gimmick cause he will get dinged one of these days. And now your qb is out for 8 weeks. That's why no one plays this.

2012-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2013-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2014-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2015-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2016-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2017-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2018-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2019-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

I've been watching Jackson since his time at Louisville and he has an uncanny ability to avoid the BIG hit. Yeah he takes hits, but not anymore than the average pocket passer. Every team goes in with the gameplan of unloading on him and no one to this point has really been able to do it consistently. Jackson is like a souped up Michael Vick in his running ability where he's got the homerun speed but also the vision and change of direction ability of a top RB. He's going to be a problem for years to come.

To be fair there's some truth to the Russell Wilson thing because before he'd run the option often but because his line is so bad he's taken some beatings and while he's mobile he's not running designed runs like he used to anymore because of the toll the hits have taken on him

Exactly, the difference between Wilson and Jackson is that Jackson is executing 10-15 designed runs every game. Just won't last. There are zero designed runs for wilson. And there haven't been for years and years.
It's a gimmick cause he will get dinged one of these days. And now your qb is out for 8 weeks. That's why no one plays this.

2012-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2013-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2014-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2015-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2016-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2017-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2018-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

2019-"Russell Wilson is great but he's going to get injured sooner rather than later"

I've been watching Jackson since his time at Louisville and he has an uncanny ability to avoid the BIG hit. Yeah he takes hits, but not anymore than the average pocket passer. Every team goes in with the gameplan of unloading on him and no one to this point has really been able to do it consistently. Jackson is like a souped up Michael Vick in his running ability where he's got the homerun speed but also the vision and change of direction ability of a top RB. He's going to be a problem for years to come.

Wilson has 720 rushing attempts since 2012
Jackson has 323 in two seasons & he only started 7 games last year.
Derrick Henry did no such thing to Joe Montana.
So glad the Ravens lost. Hate that franchise.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

To be fair there's some truth to the Russell Wilson thing because before he'd run the option often but because his line is so bad he's taken some beatings and while he's mobile he's not running designed runs like he used to anymore because of the toll the hits have taken on him

Exactly, the difference between Wilson and Jackson is that Jackson is executing 10-15 designed runs every game. Just won't last. There are zero designed runs for wilson. And there haven't been for years and years.

Truth to all of the above, errryone's 2 cents.

I just wanted to say, if Vick had designed plays, if he was playing in this era's rules where the QBs/WRs get to wear dresses, if Vick had a real HC and all the weapons, he would make RW, Jackson, Mahomes and ERRRYONE look like the weak pit bulls that he slaughtered
looks like kap 2.0 failed who would have thought you need a QB that is actually able to throw the ball in 2020...
btw kap was far more successful than this loser has been in the playoffs. kap was 5 yards away from a super bowl championship in his first year as a 49er while ms jackson is getting blown out by 6 seeds at home LMFAO
Still monitoring to see if he can break through and win a superb owl this year. I'm not changing my original prediction.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Hitches his wagon to a gimmick qb also. Cannot wait to see ravens get torn apart because of the film on Lamar this year. I do not understand these coaches thinking the running qb gimmick will work. Cam Newton is literally twice the athlete Kap was who is more of an athlete than Lamar by far and struggles to win big.

Lamar is kinda a different breed. I don't think he lasts as long as the traditional qb but I do think he will be good for a while (the next 5-10 years) he can't keep up this play style into his mid 30's.
lamar looks like ass lol

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lamar looks like ass lol

ya, he's still not a complete QB. you can scheme against him. but he's only going to get better, last year wasn't a fluke. Chiefs just play them very well for whatever reason.
Blt can't play from behind. Roman still hasn't figured out how to pass traditionally.
trade them mullens for lamar and make him a WR lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
trade them mullens for lamar and make him a WR lol

he'd be no better than bourne
Originally posted by LVJay:
Truth to all of the above, errryone's 2 cents.

I just wanted to say, if Vick had designed plays, if he was playing in this era's rules where the QBs/WRs get to wear dresses, if Vick had a real HC and all the weapons, he would make RW, Jackson, Mahomes and ERRRYONE look like the weak pit bulls that he slaughtered

Andy Reid said no.
Share 49ersWebzone