LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
He is good at some things, but like other players on our team that have nearly 4000 pages worth of discussion, he is way overpaid. Thank you COVID for trashing the 2021 salary cap and forcing this trade.
Originally posted by Gabberwocky:
He is good at some things, but like other players on our team that have nearly 4000 pages worth of discussion, he is way overpaid. Thank you COVID for trashing the 2021 salary cap and forcing this trade.

Pretty much. Although I think even without it, given the signings we have to make, I think Alexander was a goner, barring a Pro-Bowl level 2020 season.
I loved this dudes personality. You can tell he was a popular locker room presence. I wish him nothing but the best. Greenlaw and Warner are a terrific duo for our future. It was the right move for a team that is airtight on the cap.
Paid way too much for not much in return. Who is giving out these fkn contracts

(I know we had to overpay to get him. Damn Free Agency
[ Edited by wailers15 on Nov 2, 2020 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 49Fever:
I hope Shanalynch learn from their mistakes, this is a first step but much more must come before 2021 season

Signing Kwon wasn't a mistake really, Kwon was signed because Foster couldn't keep clean and we needed someone to replace him when we were a team trying to get talent. And these days every FA is pretty much an overpayment.
now trade AA, Ward, Ford and richburg
Good luck!
Originally posted by Gabberwocky:

The only thing he is good at is yelling, cheerleading and coming up with stupid names for the LBs like hot boyz. Also stupid saying like the block is hot
  • titan
  • Veteran
I love his energy, but not only Dre out played him his durability sucks and his contract is absurd.
how much cap space did we safe?

Originally posted by kazak13:
how much cap space did we safe?

probably none because this salary cap is a myth. Not real.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Nov 2, 2020 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
I hope Shanalynch learn from their mistakes, this is a first step but much more must come before 2021 season

Signing Kwon wasn't a mistake really, Kwon was signed because Foster couldn't keep clean and we needed someone to replace him when we were a team trying to get talent. And these days every FA is pretty much an overpayment.

Yup. We didn't have Fred or Dre yet so it's hard to criticize the signing cause of the timing. and to be fair Kyle has said that he wishes the draft was before FA so situations like this won't happen.

I like Kwons time here. He really helped the development of the younger guys, but he was an overpaid cheerleader at this point and missed so many tackles. So glad we traded him since it frees up so much cap space in the future.
Rumors are saying he will be ready to play when we go against the saints lol..
Saints fans are taking so much pleasure in all the injuries the Niners have. Why the hatred? I don't recall much of a rivalry between these two teams.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Saints fans are taking so much pleasure in all the injuries the Niners have. Why the hatred? I don't recall much of a rivalry between these two teams.

Old school Saints fans from when they were in the old NFC West.

Niner fans will get the last laugh though when they choke again.
Share 49ersWebzone