There are 115 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Ford we might have to keep for another year, but Kwon and Pettis are goners.

Add to the list: Richburg, AA and Ward.

Lmao
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Lmao

I think kwon will be gone and IMO Pettis is already gone.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Lmao

I think kwon will be gone and IMO Pettis is already gone.
Folks who keep trying to cut AA and trade him don't know S**T about this team or football or have to have some screws loose
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Man it's crazy how it went from the beg of last year he was our defense leader to this year he sucks ass from what fans are saying
[ Edited by JMC52 on Oct 29, 2020 at 3:44 PM ]
I can understand criticism of our wanting more out of Armstead. But what can happen or what has happened this year injury wise is you don't just get rid of good players unless you have a better option in house. Even the draft, as we know, is a crap shoot. Ditching Pettis- okay we can still use a little better WR depth but Pettis isn't even contributing to the current depth. Kwon? Okay a lot of people think Greenlaw is better. Although if you get rid of Kwon you still have to find a replacement in the draft. Which actually is probably doable. This team has found/drafted pretty good to really good linebackers for years. But yeah, even if he's not the pass rushing monster we might wish he was, AA isn't going anywhere. Nor should he at this time.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Man it's crazy how it went from the beg of last year he was our defense leader to this year he sucks ass from what fans are saying

He doesn't suck, but he is over paid. He is still a fireball when he is out there which has value, but he is hurt a lot and the play seems to diminish a little with each injury. He is an upgrade over our third stringers but Greenlaw is better in Kwon's spot and you could draft a much cheaper replacement for the third LBer after the year is over.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
I can understand criticism of our wanting more out of Armstead. But what can happen or what has happened this year injury wise is you don't just get rid of good players unless you have a better option in house. Even the draft, as we know, is a crap shoot. Ditching Pettis- okay we can still use a little better WR depth but Pettis isn't even contributing to the current depth. Kwon? Okay a lot of people think Greenlaw is better. Although if you get rid of Kwon you still have to find a replacement in the draft. Which actually is probably doable. This team has found/drafted pretty good to really good linebackers for years. But yeah, even if he's not the pass rushing monster we might wish he was, AA isn't going anywhere. Nor should he at this time.

AA is quietly playing really well...people here have zero ability to watch the play away from the ball and only understand gaudy stats
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

AA is quietly playing really well...people here have zero ability to watch the play away from the ball and only understand gaudy stats

If ranking near the bottom of the league statistically for your position is doing really well then AA is Nailing it.
Originally posted by jcs:
If ranking near the bottom of the league statistically for your position is doing really well then AA is Nailing it.

14th among edge defenders and he's not even really a true edge defender...I'd like to see him actually rushing from the inside (where he's been more consistent).

Philly is correct he's playing solid ball right now given what this team is asking him to do.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
in a blink of an eye, this guy became a very solid pickup to a solid head scratcher..
[ Edited by 9moon on Oct 30, 2020 at 8:30 AM ]

Originally posted by 9moon:
in a blink of an eye, this guy became a very solid pickup to a solid head scratcher..

Not too much of a mystery. Hes been hurt a lot and the emergence of Warner and Greenlaw have made him expendable. Kwon hasn't changed, the talent around him has just gotten much much better.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

5th best defense in the NFL is what matters. Do you think Hyder is better than Buckner? but but stats
i still think hes a valuable asset to the team. Fred, Kwon, and Greenlaw is a very formidable LB crew
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
i still think hes a valuable asset to the team. Fred, Kwon, and Greenlaw is a very formidable LB crew
right now it is, but money wise we will have to release one of them next year
If we didn't have Warner and Greenlaw we would be talking about how good Kwon is. It just so happens we are spoiled by the other two Linebackers we have. Alexander would be a #1 Linebacker on over half the teams in the league.
Share 49erswebzone