LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

What will Cards Do?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Our draft, IMO, depends on what AZ does w/#1 pick.

The obvious is the pick one of the top 3 - Boza, QWill or Allen.

BUT, they could take Kyler and trade Rosen.

Thoughts??
  • dj43
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Our draft, IMO, depends on what AZ does w/#1 pick.

The obvious is the pick one of the top 3 - Boza, QWill or Allen.

BUT, they could take Kyler and trade Rosen.

Thoughts??
That has been suggested in a couple of mocks, and was discussed in another thread. The consensus seems to be that would require a major turn about that would be totally out of character for AZ GM Keim. Phoenix (mod) is the expert on that one. He lives there.

I don't see it happening as none of the current round of QBs come with anything like the credentials/value of last years crop. A more likely option would be to sign Nick Foles and allowed Rosen more time to learn his craft. Clearly, he was a fish out of water this past season, except for a couple of games.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Trade back.

They will be stupid if they don't trade back. When healthy, their roster is abysmal -- perhaps as bad as the Raiders. They can trade back and still get the top player at a position of need.
They could trade back to the 4th w/Raiders.

Raiders take Boza - we take Allen - Jets take QWill and

Cards take Kyler and get extra pick[s] from Raiders.

Could happen.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
They could trade back to the 4th w/Raiders.

Raiders take Boza - we take Allen - Jets take QWill and

Cards take Kyler and get extra pick[s] from Raiders.

Could happen.

That's what I've been saying
My guess:

1. They will ID Bosa as the best player.

2. They'll try to find suitors for Bosa, otherwise pick him.

3. If they want Murray, they'll pick him (probably within top 40 depending on his pre-draft) before dealing with Rosen.
Originally posted by zonkers:
My guess:

3. If they want Murray, they'll pick him (probably within top 40 depending on his pre-draft) before dealing with Rosen.

It's interesting their GM's quote, "Rosen is our QB.... for now". Since nobody is that stupid to play their hand early like that to the press, I wonder if he was trying to drum up interest in teams looking to trade up for a QB. I think more teams would be willing to do that, than trade up for Bosa. So act like you might be considering QB's then sit back and wait for offers.
Whatever they do, it involves 49ers NOT getting Bosa.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinersFan52:
It's interesting their GM's quote, "Rosen is our QB.... for now". Since nobody is that stupid to play their hand early like that to the press, I wonder if he was trying to drum up interest in teams looking to trade up for a QB. I think more teams would be willing to do that, than trade up for Bosa. So act like you might be considering QB's then sit back and wait for offers.

Exactly. They need defenders and a trade with NY, Jax or Washington would give them a load of picks and still allow them to get a QB that would be better than Rosen.
I think too many are interpreting Keim's comments as a knock against Rosen, but it's more likely that this is a ploy to gain additional draft picks to build around him. He's letting QB needy teams know that they better not think about trading with anyone else but Arizona because the guy you want might be selected by us.

Arizona needs to fix that offensive line, receivers and defense and they need more quality draft picks to do all of that. I don't believe for a second that they take Bosa #1 and improve a strength, while ignoring the other glaring holes on that team. You can't fix everything with free agents and your other picks outside of round one.

John Elway tried to get cute last year with selecting Chubb when they had much bigger problems, now he's probably on the hot seat if they continue to struggle. Keim should pay attention because he's definitely the next to go if he screws this up.

Keim is gonna keep Rosen.

He's the guy who picked him.

They are not gonna get Murray. Kingsbury wouldn't have been hired if he didn't believe that Rosen was the future and wanted to draft a QB.

they will probably get Bosa. Accept it and move on. It's better to just deal with the disappointment, instead of hoping and praying for a favorable outcome. Maybe they will draft Quinnen Williams or trade down, but its a longshot
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Feb 27, 2019 at 4:07 PM ]
They forget to turn in their card on time and slide down to #2
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/191976-what-arizona-first-overall-pick/
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/191976-what-arizona-first-overall-pick/

Thank you lol
Originally posted by zonkers:
My guess:

Yes, Murray will be picked in the top 40. But saying Murray is a top 40 pick is like saying the Drew Brees is a top 25 QB.
Share 49ersWebzone