There are 201 users in the forums

Joe Flacco traded to Denver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I still don't get why Denver did this.

Reason I can think of #1
Elway thinks Flacco is smarter than Keenum.
Keenum played good in three straight weeks against the Chargers, Steelers and Bengals getting the team to 6-6.
Zero INTs in those 3 games.
Keenum then played like ass and lost three straight games to the 49ers, Browns and Raiders to get them to 6-9.
4 INTs in those 3 games.
Elway prob feels like if he had a healthy Flacco this is a 10 win playoff team right now.

Elway wants to find another young QB. Having Flacco locked up on a contract for the next 3 years means he can draft one this year or wait until next year. Flacco can help with teaching the new kid the ropes.

Vance is gone and Keenum may be traded. I think Vance made a strong push for Keenum. Spending time with him at Houston. Elway agreed. Didn't like what he saw. Moving on.

All good points.

But #3 implies Elway can't actually evaluate QB talent and relies on what DC Vance Joseph says lol

Well, his record with qb's Is pretty dismal.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I still don't get why Denver did this.

Reason I can think of #1
Elway thinks Flacco is smarter than Keenum.
Keenum played good in three straight weeks against the Chargers, Steelers and Bengals getting the team to 6-6.
Zero INTs in those 3 games.
Keenum then played like ass and lost three straight games to the 49ers, Browns and Raiders to get them to 6-9.
4 INTs in those 3 games.
Elway prob feels like if he had a healthy Flacco this is a 10 win playoff team right now.

Elway wants to find another young QB. Having Flacco locked up on a contract for the next 3 years means he can draft one this year or wait until next year. Flacco can help with teaching the new kid the ropes.

Vance is gone and Keenum may be traded. I think Vance made a strong push for Keenum. Spending time with him at Houston. Elway agreed. Didn't like what he saw. Moving on.

All good points.

But #3 implies Elway can't actually evaluate QB talent and relies on what DC Vance Joseph says lol

Well, his record with qb's Is pretty dismal.

He had this same plan in place with Peyton and Brock. He was left in a bad spot when Brock left for a huge payday and had to reach on a QB in the draft. Think he's trying to avoid a repeat of that.
Share 49ersWebzone