There are 157 users in the forums

Joe Flacco traded to Denver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
They are now paying Flacco 16 mill and Keenum 18 mill.

Rip Scangarello

Elway was once a great gm
What happened?

I must have missed that bit.
So much for trading up with us and all that...

I posted this trade on the Kyler Murray thread and someone responded that they may still try to get a QB in the draft since Flacco is so old. I'm not sure they would move up to take one in the first round since they have so much money tied up at that position. I'm guessing Flacco approved the trade since he's a vet so I doubt he wants to be a backup or start for one year while training a rookie.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Rip Scangarello

Elway was once a great gm
What happened?

Well he made an elite defense and got a HOF QB. Not hard to image winning with that combo. Now not so much...
Well he made an elite defense and got a HOF QB. Not hard to image winning with that combo. Now not so much...

He's never really been able to draft offense, especially QB. Beyond Peyton Manning who was already a HOF caliber QB, he's drafted Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch, he's also signed Case Keenum and now traded for Joe Flacco. I expect him to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and call it a day.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's never really been able to draft offense, especially QB. Beyond Peyton Manning who was already a HOF caliber QB, he's drafted Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch, he's also signed Case Keenum and now traded for Joe Flacco. I expect him to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and call it a day.

or hopefully trade that 2nd or 3rd to us for BDN.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO..,MB gets it.

Robert Griffin III, welcome back
How in the world does Elway keep fking up choosing a qb.

Osweiler and Simien showed promise. Where Elway fails miserably is attracting/hiring coaches. Without Kubiak they've been a complete disaster on offense.
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO..,MB gets it.

Someone whose crazy girlfriend didn't compare the team owner to a slaveowner and the most popular player in franchise history to an Uncle Tom?

Yeah, I think MB is forgetting that, per Ray Lewis, the Ravens had a contract in the fax machine when his GF's tweet about Biscottia and Ray Lewis was shown to Bisciotti who then pulled the contract out of the fax machine and ripped it up.
Originally posted by strickac:

Osweiler and Simien showed promise. Where Elway fails miserably is attracting/hiring coaches. Without Kubiak they've been a complete disaster on offense.

++ Chad Kelly is a nutjob and Paxton Lynch is a huge bust.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Feb 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM ]

Osweiler and Simien showed promise.

So did Christian Ponder. You get judged on results ultimately. Osweiler is an awful QB and Paxton Lynch will be playing in the AAF or XFL soon enough--if he makes the cut.

The problem is they keep running a WCO and keep bringing in Air-Coryell type QB's...... Silly Elway. He should know better from having been in a WCO through 2 SB's.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
*Just announced.

For a mid round pick.

Now we don't need to worry about Mullens going to Denver.

Rip Scangarello

I feel like they have to be trading Keenum, right?

Who wants to pay a backup quality QB 18 mill though?

Agree

Just heard on NFL network it is 7 M guaranteed.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
So much for trading up with us and all that...

I posted this trade on the Kyler Murray thread and someone responded that they may still try to get a QB in the draft since Flacco is so old. I'm not sure they would move up to take one in the first round since they have so much money tied up at that position. I'm guessing Flacco approved the trade since he's a vet so I doubt he wants to be a backup or start for one year while training a rookie.

Good call Catchmaster.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
*Just announced.

For a mid round pick.

Now we don't need to worry about Mullens going to Denver.

Rip Scangarello

I feel like they have to be trading Keenum, right?

Who wants to pay a backup quality QB 18 mill though?

9ers
Share 49ersWebzone