LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

How good is Josh Rosen?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
+1

The irony in how analysts compared his attitude to J.Cutler and now he's on his 2nd team in 2 years, Miami no less.

Except he hasn't said or done a single thing to make himself look like an ass. To the contrary he has handled everything like a pro and even showed up to play in Larry's charity softball tournament AFTER being traded.

All the complaints about his attitude sound like whiny coaching fossils who have insecurities in dealing with a smart QB that has interests beyond football.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'm really rooting for Rosen. I hope he blows up this year and makes the Cards look dumb.

This.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
+1

The irony in how analysts compared his attitude to J.Cutler and now he's on his 2nd team in 2 years, Miami no less.

Except he hasn't said or done a single thing to make himself look like an ass. To the contrary he has handled everything like a pro and even showed up to play in Larry's charity softball tournament AFTER being traded.

All the complaints about his attitude sound like whiny coaching fossils who have insecurities in dealing with a smart QB that has interests beyond football.

Well he wanted his cleats made out of recycled plastic I mean gosh darn it quit being so difficult Josh.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I'm really rooting for Rosen. I hope he blows up this year and makes the Cards look dumb.

This.

I want the best for the kid. He can't block for himself so the "poor" rookie year has an explanation. I really don't understand why people think he sucks out of hand. I'm not saying he's going set the NFL on fire but he hasn't had a chance to really prove anyone wrong or right.

I agree
Originally posted by Geeked:

This.

I want the best for the kid. He can't block for himself so the "poor" rookie year has an explanation. I really don't understand why people think he sucks out of hand. I'm not saying he's going set the NFL on fire but he hasn't had a chance to really prove anyone wrong or right.

I've watched a good amount of his film from last season and I don't think he was as bad as people are saying. He didn't play well and missed opportunities and forced a lot of passes. Biggest takeaway I got was he didn't trust anyone on that offense not named Larry or Christian. On timing based passes he was throwing them late to other receivers. With Fitz the passes came out on time but not always accurate. He really didn't trust his o line even when he had a clean pocket he would hurry a throw or try and move out of the pocket and get happy feet. When Josh was at his absolute best was in 2 minute situations between the 20's when he was calling the plays. Inside the 20 he wasn't sharp or clutch so that's an area to work on. His numbers regardless of being in the worst situation of any of the rookie QBs were on par with Darnold and Allen yet those teams are sure they have their QB of the future and Rosen got traded. He already had a chip on his shoulder going 10th. Now he's got to have a entire bag of Tostitos chips on his shoulder. Should be interesting to watch Josh next year.
Thought this was a pretty cool/classy message to get out.

Definitely rooting for Rosen now. Feel like the Cardinals did him dirty.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Thought this was a pretty cool/classy message to get out.

Definitely rooting for Rosen now. Feel like the Cardinals did him dirty.

Damn. This is that Alex Smith kid of stuff. Makes me wanna root for him.
He was my favorite QB in the draft last year.

The only times I watched him play in the NFL were his games against our 9ers secondary.

So as far as I can tell, dude is amazing
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
cant root for that dumb face. eli manning type face.

I hope he lights it up and shows the Cards they made a BIG mistake.
Cards were really bad so he had very little chance to look good last year. But hes not going to a great situation either. Their OL is average, their best RB was 64 year old Gore, and their best WR is Amendola...

This dolphins team looks like an expansion team on offense.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Cards were really bad so he had very little chance to look good last year. But hes not going to a great situation either. Their OL is average, their best RB was 64 year old Gore, and their best WR is Amendola...

They have that TE from Penn State that of Rosen and him get on the same page could be nasty

They have that TE from Penn State that of Rosen and him get on the same page could be nasty

plus they have the great Marquise Gray, niner webzone legend.

The Dolphins had an awful oline last year that was probably just slightly better than Arizona's. Rosen in theory is a good fit for the type of offense they'll be running this season. Hopefully he can survive long enough to complete passes.
Share 49ersWebzone