LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

**** SUPER BOWL LIII GAMEDAY THREAD ****

Shop 49ers game tickets

**** SUPER BOWL LIII GAMEDAY THREAD ****

Give it up already, Brady is better than Joe.
I hope Rodger Goodell sacrifices the Rams like the did us 49ers to lewis' last game.
Originally posted by crusher49er:
Give it up already, Brady is better than Joe.
yeah and Jed > eddie smh
Pats dynasty started by advancing in the playoffs with bad call and by beating the Rams in SB, will probably end by losing to the Rams that benefited from a ball call.

That being said, I hope the Rams whoop that ass.
All I know is the '84 Niners would win 51 out of the last 52 superbowls.
The only one they'd loose is the one where they'd have to play themselves.
Joe started out on bad teams in 79 and 80.
TB started out on a playoff roster.

Joe didn't get babied by the refs.
TB did.

Joe played in an era where WRs could get absolutely destroyed with no flags.
TB didn't.

Joe had to play all time great defenses like the Bears and Giants.
TB didn't.

Joe didn't lose a SB to a 9-7 team despite having what many considered to be the greatest team of all time.
TB did.

Joe didn't turn the ball over in the SB.
TB did.

Joe doesn't have an asterisk beside his first three SB wins.
TB does.

Joe didn't get two rings because of horrible play calling late in SBs by Seattle and Atlanta.
TB did.

TB is lucky to have any rings. Great player. Hall of Famer. Not the GOAT.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't hate New England and I admire Belichick and Brady for what they have done. I just don't want to see them win again because I hate all the hype about being the greatest team or greatest player of all time. I can't stand these GOAT comparisons. A player or team can clearly be the greatest of their era but comparing teams from different eras is impossible since the game is constantly evolving and rules change every year. This happens in all sports to some extent but it is most prevalent in football. The rules changes that have helped the offense are the most obvious. I wouldn't mind so much if the media didn't constantly over hype the Pats like no other great teams ever existed. Because so much of the media is based in the East it makes it even worse. Is Brady better than Joe or do the rules just make it easier to throw now. Are the Pats great or do they just face a lot of weak teams in the playoffs. You can argue these points all day which is why I say that the comparisons aren't valid.

Thank you! Whenever a player or team is called the greatest of all time, I ask "In what time, under what rules, in what stadium, with what officials?" If, for example, today's Patriots were sent back to 1985, and had to play the Bears in Chicago, under the rules of that time, they would be likely to get destroyed. But send that Bears team to 2019 to play the Patriots, and the Patriots would probably win. Teams are built for the era in which they play. Comparing teams across eras is dumb.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by adrenaline:
I can't cheer for the Rams. I just can't.

why? not like they're the Seahawks or the Raiders or the Cowboys. so what. you really want to see another Patriots superbowl victory? AGAIN ?

DX can I ask you how old you are? Just curious because for the older folks, the Rams are our rivals and not the Seahawks.

I hate the Rams more than any other team other than the Cowboys.

Raiders are a "geographical rival" and I couldnt care less about them. Hate their fans more than their team and they will be gone in a year or so.

The Seahawks arent a rival. They just happened to be good at the same time we were. Irrelevant franchise that is no more of a rival than the Cardinals.

Cowboys? F*** the Cowboys hahaha

Could never see myself rooting for the Rams under any circumstance

either way, i guess it's stupid to hate a team that wasnt the same team from decades ago or ancient history. im rooting for the NFC west. go Rams

I dunno man. It would be like if the Dodgers went on a dry spell and were irrelevant for 15 years while the Giants and the Diamondbacks battled for the division for 5 of the years in that window. Its not like the Diamondbacks would be our new rival and that I would root for the Dodgers against the Yankees in the World Series. Thats essentially the same thing.

My two cents anyway.

we've been irrelevant to the rest of the division for years because we've been so bad. If it was any other team like KC, I'd root against the Rams. but not the pats again. ZZzZzzzzzzZZZZZzzZz
Originally posted by Heroism:
Awesome video on how Belichick eliminated Marshall Faulk the last time these two teams faced off in the Superbowl. Belichick is on a whole other level. If you can't appreciate this, you're not a football fan. #GOAT

Great video!

Obviously you hear all the time about how Belichick will "take away your best weapon and force you to beat you somewhere else". The Chiefs game was yet another example of this. Tyreek had only 1 catch for 42 yards. Kelce had a touchdown, but otherwise finished with a very quiet 3 catches for 23 yards.

Originally posted by Garoppolis:
Thank you! Whenever a player or team is called the greatest of all time, I ask "In what time, under what rules, in what stadium, with what officials?" If, for example, today's Patriots were sent back to 1985, and had to play the Bears in Chicago, under the rules of that time, they would be likely to get destroyed. But send that Bears team to 2019 to play the Patriots, and the Patriots would probably win. Teams are built for the era in which they play. Comparing teams across eras is dumb.

Absolutely. Just be content to call your team the best in what ever era they play in. That's good enough.
Love and respect the 80s with Montana, Rice, and those guys. I also envy those who lived through it, because I certainly didn't.

But frankly, I am tired of talking about the past. We only bring it up because there is not much to talk about with this current team.

This is why I don't mind the Patriots winning. The GOAT conversations ultimately means nothing to me.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Love and respect the 80s with Montana, Rice, and those guys. I also envy those who lived through it, because I certainly didn't.

But frankly, I am tired of talking about the past. We only bring it up because there is not much to talk about with this current team.

This is why I don't mind the Patriots winning. The GOAT conversations ultimately means nothing to me.

GOAT conversations mean very little to me as well. This is a team sport and many factors go into whether one player reaches their potential. Joe Montana, Tom Brady or any other great QB/player could of have a much different path with a different organization.
Rams will get called for an early PI...
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Rams will get called for an early PI...

Ha. That's why the reffs gave Rams the no call. So refs can call a bad call against Them. You know a little help to the Patriots. You have to See the big picture. Lol.
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Jan 23, 2019 at 4:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone