LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Black Coaches Fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think a bigger problem is undeserving hires. The AZ guy, Mike Mayock, and even our GM, even though he is doing an okay job. If you get fired as a college coach, why should you deserve a coaching job in the NFL?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Oriental coaches ?!?!?!

China has almost 10 Billion people and zero NFL coaches and zero NFL QBs

f**ked up

What was the name of the Asian RB or FB we had again?
If the Dolphins don't hire Kris Richard, we're going to be hearing about this all offseason long.

IDK who the Bengals have in mind but it isn't Hue Jackson (not that he deserves a job).
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I think a bigger problem is undeserving hires. The AZ guy, Mike Mayock, and even our GM, even though he is doing an okay job. If you get fired as a college coach, why should you deserve a coaching job in the NFL?

Lynch, i do not think he was undeserving. He was out of nowhere, but he fits into what they wanted.

But i am to "argue" the college coach thing. I think it varies.
If you are a mid level school competing against powerhouses, you wont have much success.
If you struggle with recruiting, you wont have much success.

But if you run a pro style offense(or just lacking a bunch of gimmicks) and have good success with it, that is something to work with at the NFL level. If your team has less talent but it is obvious you get the most out of it, the NFL will look at you.

Also if several of your players come into the NFL and play well, and are (smarts) ready day 1, you will get a lot of looks.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If the Dolphins don't hire Kris Richard, we're going to be hearing about this all offseason long.

IDK who the Bengals have in mind but it isn't Hue Jackson (not that he deserves a job).

Yep. And i think there is a much deeper reason why black offensive coaches are lacking. Most of the black(or just minority) coaches are ex players. Many learning about running an offense for the first time in their mid 30's.

So by the time they "get it" they are "old" and not the next guru.

Meanwhile you have guys like shanahan and mcvay, who grew up around some of the greatest football minds. They understand football inside and out before HS. So now you have people looking for 2nd or 3rd generation geniuses.

And there just is not that many 2nd generation black football minds. And most are probably player prospects rather than coach prospects.
I really think it's more GM's hiring some of these guys because they were under the gun to hire somebody. I think more GM's need to feel the pain...take Elway, for example. He's failed with the last several HC's he's hired, failed with 4 straight QB's, yet he's still got a job. I know he's revered in Denver, but just like HC's, if you're not delivering, you should be under the same or at least similar scrutiny .
Let's be honest, Marvin and Jackson were just plain terrible.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If the Fins get Richard, I wonder who his OC is? Maybe Bevell from their Seattle connection?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
lol... yall keep avoiding the question.

If there was a Black Owner...and he had a bad to average QB... would he ask his coaches to give Kap a try out? Would this Black owner give Kaepernick an ultimatum about kneeling?

Perhaps. Depends on the owner, not just the color of his skin.
Originally posted by strickac:

If there was a Black Owner...and he had a bad to average QB... would he ask his coaches to give Kap a try out? Would this Black owner give Kaepernick an ultimatum about kneeling?

Yeah not all black people just follow what other black people do. If they did, we wouldn't have black republicans.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by strickac:

Yeah not all black people just follow what other black people do. If they did, we wouldn't have black republicans.

True... but there would be more pressure on him to do what's right... instead of being scared of losing some hypocrite white fans. There are other white fans who would buy tickets if available... there are other fans of people of color who would buy up tickets. Especially if the QB is going to be better than what they have. And if the owner is taking a chance to do what's right.

They had a chance to have a Black Owner/Co-Owner when the Panthers' Ownership was "available"....but nope.
Share 49ersWebzone