There are 123 users in the forums

NOW who do you WANT to win the not-so-Super Bowl

Shop 49ers game tickets

NOW who do you WANT to win the not-so-Super Bowl

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I'll be rooting for coin toss. My money gonna be riding on the officials doe
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Everyone who hates the Patriots: DO NOT FRET. They will be done soon. The Patriots do not have Brady's replacement in hand, the 49ers do.

It does not matter how good Brady's training regimen is. Father time always wins in the end.

You might be able to witness the Rams get even on the Patriots and thus see the Patriots become the first organization to lose 6 Super Bowl games. Yay.

As a Patriot detractor what could be better than that, watch them lose again in the Super Bowl as their run of success finally crashes and burns?

I myself like the Patriots and have since they beat the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

With that in mind I hope they win Super Bowl LIII because I don't see them getting back to the Super Bowl again with the Belichick/Brady configuration.

But you may still get your wish as we watch our division rival win a Super Bowl , I hope not, but this Patriots team is just not that strong.
IMPOSSIBLE to root for either team but, like I said before, MAYBE if the LAms DO win it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us. If they LOSE they may come back hungrier and more determined. If they WIN They may not be as "hungry" for it the next few seasons and as their stars come off their rookie contracts and they have trouble affording everyone we will be in position, with a healthy Jimmy G, to make our move.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I will be rooting for the training staff, and EMTs.....but if the NFC tittle game was an indication of whats to come, my moneys on the referees.

That is the ONLY thing I'll be rooting for. I'll be rooting for the Zebras to have a horrible game and ultimately end the Super Bowl the way they ended the NFCCC
with ONE ASTONISHINGLY TERRIBLE CALL that robs one team of victory and becomes the ONLY thing people are talking about for weeks months and years to come!
Rams going to win. Makeup for spy gate.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
"Cheatriots and Lams"

I'm guessing Pats by 2 td's. 8 SB's, 8 games decided on the final drive so it's a stretch to think they'll blow them out but it's Bill v Goff, Brady v Goff. My guess is St Louis shoots themselves in the foot.
I've thought about this a lot from the perspective of a lifelong norcal resident and 49er fan. I grew up in Santa Clara (a couple of miles from where levis is now) and was taught by the family/peers/area culture and climate that L.A. was the devil (I have passed this thinking on to my children--thank you very much) and that included ALL teams--rams, dodgers, lakers, kings, etc. etc. (sorry Niner fans that like the dodgers or lakers--which I find absolutely ridiculous). Because of this I have to accept the fact that Brady could win another ring and I am ok with that---BEAT LA! BEAT LA!
I don't care, lose-lose senario for a 49ers fan. Should've been Saints-Chiefs
Originally posted by jrg:
"Cheatriots and Lams"

Assuming that is a commentary on the stupidity of juvenile labels: I completely agree.

If on the other hand that is a commentary on the match-up we have for Super Bowl LIII: Meh that's just the way things worked out. Or, if you're a conspiracy theorist (which I am not), perhaps the way things were deliberately engineered by the NFL? Maybe.
Patriots win: They go 6-5 and become the second team to 6 Super Bowl wins. Go 3-0 against the NFC West in SB's.
Patriots lose: They go 5-6 and become the first team to lose 6 Super Bowls. Drop to 2-1 against he NFC West in SB's.
Rams win: They go 2-2 Super Bowls, get revenge on the Patriots for losing Super Bowl XXXVI, and the NFC West's overall Super Bowl record improves.
Rams lose: They go 1-3 in Super Bowls and the NFC West's overall Super Bowl record suffers.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Pats dominated the Chiefs...they were the better team, no doubt. Give Belichick time to figure out how to beat an opponent & he'll do it 9 times out of 10. Whether you like them or not, you have to admit they're a tremendous franchise. No other NFL team has competed for as many SB's as they have. They've figured out things that other teams simply haven't. I think this'll be a very good SB...and I think they'll win a close game.

Actually Belichick has had two weeks to figure an opponent out in previous Super Bowls and he is 5-3 in those games. Realistically, with better management and playcalling by the opposing coach he could be 3-5.

IMO the two big guys in the middle for LA and their improved pass d with Talib back will be the difference. I like the Rams offense on turf. Gonna be in minority but I think Rams win easy.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Jan 22, 2019 at 5:30 PM ]

I'm tempted to root for an asteroid to hit the stadium, but I'm sure there will be decent people there. Maybe the asteroid could just hit the Patriots, the Rams and Maroon 5? That would be okay.

(Just kidding, I'm not that violent. It's tempting, though.)
Goff is a fellow Novato man and I love that place BUT screw the lucky Rams.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Patriots win: They go 6-5 and become the second team to 6 Super Bowl wins. Go 3-0 against the NFC West in SB's.
Patriots lose: They go 5-6 and become the first team to lose 6 Super Bowls. Drop to 2-1 against he NFC West in SB's.
Rams win: They go 2-2 Super Bowls, get revenge on the Patriots for losing Super Bowl XXXVI, and the NFC West's overall Super Bowl record improves.
Rams lose: They go 1-3 in Super Bowls and the NFC West's overall Super Bowl record suffers.

Bragging rights about being in a division w/ a lot of SB wins is one s**tty consolation prize

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I don't care, lose-lose senario for a 49ers fan. Should've been Saints-Chiefs

It's the LORD GOD QUEEN MOTHER of all lose-lose scenarios! Brady wins and Jerry's GOAT title is stolen forever. If the LAms win we suffer ANOTHER nfc west foe rubbing it in our faces for god knows HOW long. If the Cheatriots win they become the 2nd team to pass our SB record. If McVain wins it's "Oh look at the glorious wonder boy shining from the mountain top!" If New Dingleland wins history won't remember that they beat a team that didn't earn the trip (well at least distant history wont). If Least Angel-less wins... well.... f**k THEM!!
Originally posted by LenCat:
Bragging rights about being in a division w/ a lot of SB wins is one s**tty consolation prize
True enough. I'd rather have the Rams take another loss.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Who do the refs and Goodell want in this game doe?
Share 49ersWebzone