There are 122 users in the forums

Brandon Browner sentenced for DV/attempted murder

• dj43
The face of the NFL is colored once again this morning by another story of domestic violence. Ex-Seahawk Legion of Boom member Brandon Browner was sentenced yesterday to 8 years in prison for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend.

Roger Goodell must be wondering how to make all this stop. At some point, all of this negative news will inevitably begin to impact advertisers who fear sales of their product will suffer losses by all of this as the public sees more football players engaging in these crimes. At what point does Goodell send a stronger message to players about ending domestic violence? Will Reuben Foster and Kareem Hunt face more stern discipline by the league than has been handed down in the past as a result yet another incident?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-champion-sentenced-to-eight-years-in-prison-for-attempted-murder-report
Well, lets be honest, on the scale of perpetual drinking and driving, (to) <- killing someone... at least he didn't kneel during the anthem... right?
[ Edited by Geeked on Dec 5, 2018 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
The face of the NFL is colored once again this morning by another story of domestic violence. Ex-Seahawk Legion of Boom member Brandon Browner was sentenced yesterday to 8 years in prison for the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend.

Roger Goodell must be wondering how to make all this stop. At some point, all of this negative news will inevitably begin to impact advertisers who fear sales of their product will suffer losses by all of this as the public sees more football players engaging in these crimes. At what point does Goodell send a stronger message to players about ending domestic violence? Will Reuben Foster and Kareem Hunt face more stern discipline by the league than has been handed down in the past as a result yet another incident?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-champion-sentenced-to-eight-years-in-prison-for-attempted-murder-report

All these guys have CTE.
  • valrod33
  • Hall of Fame Manlet
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, lets be honest, on the scale of perpetual drinking and driving, too killing someone... at least he didn't kneel during the anthem... right?

to
Originally posted by valrod33:
Well, lets be honest, on the scale of perpetual drinking and driving, too killing someone... at least he didn't kneel during the anthem... right?

to

Fixed it. I understand how typos in chat rooms may vex some individuals.
[ Edited by Geeked on Dec 5, 2018 at 8:47 AM ]
will be a Bengal.
  • valrod33
  • Hall of Fame Manlet

to

Fixed it. I understand how typos in chat rooms may vex some individuals.

Dont let it happen again
Dont let it happen again

You obviously don't know who I am or have seen me write over time.... I'll bury you in a hell of typos, spelling errors and grammatical mistakes... It's my thing.
If I stated a fact that NFL players get in trouble for domestic violence at a lower rate than the general American public, would anyone care?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If I stated a fact that NFL players get in trouble for domestic violence at a lower rate than the general American public, would anyone care?

If I smacked around my wife and ended up in jail for it... My employer would fire me to protect themselves.

Sooo, maybe DV in the public may be hire percent then what is REPORTED in the NFL; however, many of those cases are committed by people that... may not be an accurate proxy to PRODUCTIVE social members.

• dj43

Some would. Others would not.

It is really a question of public image. DV cases in the local area get little or no coverage. Nationally recognized sports figures get tons of coverage.

When you are earning millions of dollars a year and are seen by millions of young people as someone to be looked up to, the image needs to be clean. So, while that isn't fair on multiple levels, it is the way it is.

If I smacked around my wife and ended up in jail for it... My employer would fire me to protect themselves.

Sooo, maybe DV in the public may be hire percent then what is REPORTED in the NFL; however, many of those cases are committed by people that... may not be an accurate proxy to PRODUCTIVE social members.

So your rebuttal is that NFL players getting into it are reported less than the general public? Seriously? You truly believe NFL players, who are constantly in the public spotlight, have more unreported stories of DV than the random Joe Shmoes from your city?

Yeah dont buy that for one minute.
  • valrod33
  • Hall of Fame Manlet

higher
Confirmed being a Patriot makes you want to kill someone.

So your rebuttal is that NFL players getting into it are reported less than the general public? Seriously? You truly believe NFL players, who are constantly in the public spotlight, have more unreported stories of DV than the random Joe Shmoes from your city?

Yeah dont buy that for one minute.

My rebuttal is rooted in sound statistics. You can't compare an Employed population's experience to the general population..... BECAUSE EMPLOYMENT is a HUGE influencing factor on social behavior.

Next time you want cite a statistical argument without an actual citation or study to back it up, you may want to spend some time studying the parameters of the analysis.
Share 49erswebzone