There are 149 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
omg look DJ43, they are comparing Alex to other QBs. QUICK HAND OUT TIMES OUTS AND TELL THEM TO STAY ON TOPIC.

Would be nice for a change of scenery in how mods are required to handle the forum itself... Mods constantly have to do the don't do this don't do that, while posters get agitated by being called out by a mod. Others see this and then start pointing fingers left and right, well he said she said, as if we are a bunch of children on a playground upset about not being the first one on the swing-set.

The rules for the webzone IMO almost promote an argumentative atmosphere. Not saying with rules changing that arguments and debates all of a sudden stop, because after-all it is a forum. I think however you would have people not freaking out about the well I seen someone say it in another thread, why am I getting in trouble for it?! Then the mod returns with the, if you see it hit report etc, but you are in trouble etc.
exactly SWH. he's crying about Hunt in the CHiefs thread, and then brings up SMith in every other thread. on top of that, he reported me to the mods because i was "harassing" him by asking who his alt account was. lol this guy...time to update the block list before i get to 50%.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 38,293
Enough with the troll/trolling talk. Discuss the topic at hand please folks.

Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
omg look DJ43, they are comparing Alex to other QBs. QUICK HAND OUT TIMES OUTS AND TELL THEM TO STAY ON TOPIC.

Would be nice for a change of scenery in how mods are required to handle the forum itself... Mods constantly have to do the don't do this don't do that, while posters get agitated by being called out by a mod. Others see this and then start pointing fingers left and right, well he said she said, as if we are a bunch of children on a playground upset about not being the first one on the swing-set.

The rules for the webzone IMO almost promote an argumentative atmosphere. Not saying with rules changing that arguments and debates all of a sudden stop, because after-all it is a forum. I think however you would have people not freaking out about the well I seen someone say it in another thread, why am I getting in trouble for it?! Then the mod returns with the, if you see it hit report etc, but you are in trouble etc.

it's only a couple of the mods, most of them are cool and understand how a forum works. some of the mods have favorites and they don't mind that much when the rules are broken. for example, if you're a Smith supporter, you can pretty much say whatever you want in the NFL talk forum since only a certain mod regulates it, and he's also a big Smith supporter. as long as you're not saying mean things about Smith, you can derail any thread you want.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
omg look DJ43, they are comparing Alex to other QBs. QUICK HAND OUT TIMES OUTS AND TELL THEM TO STAY ON TOPIC.

Would be nice for a change of scenery in how mods are required to handle the forum itself... Mods constantly have to do the don't do this don't do that, while posters get agitated by being called out by a mod. Others see this and then start pointing fingers left and right, well he said she said, as if we are a bunch of children on a playground upset about not being the first one on the swing-set.

The rules for the webzone IMO almost promote an argumentative atmosphere. Not saying with rules changing that arguments and debates all of a sudden stop, because after-all it is a forum. I think however you would have people not freaking out about the well I seen someone say it in another thread, why am I getting in trouble for it?! Then the mod returns with the, if you see it hit report etc, but you are in trouble etc.

it's only a couple of the mods, most of them are cool and understand how a forum works. some of the mods have favorites and they don't mind that much when the rules are broken. for example, if you're a Smith supporter, you can pretty much say whatever you want in the NFL talk forum since only a certain mod regulates it, and he's also a big Smith supporter. as long as you're not saying mean things about Smith, you can derail any thread you want.

Is this TheGore49er's talk about mod thread now? I thought it was about Rodgers and how bad he is now thread? Maybe you should get a time out for not staying on topic even after the mod say to stop.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,315
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
There is NO question that Rodgers is talented. Hard to dismiss all his miracle comebacks!
What if Rodgers had been the QB for the Patriots and Brady in Green Bay?

Who would have accomplished more?

All BB needs is an elite QB to go all the way. Mike LardCarthy was good when they won that SB, he and Rodgers were on the same page back then, not anymore (past few years).

I don't think Patriots / BB would have missed a beat if Aaron were the QB instead of Brady. I'm not really sure how well Brady / LardCarthy would have meshed tho...I think Brady would want to turn on him too or just ignore a lot of his playcalls.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
it's only a couple of the mods, most of them are cool and understand how a forum works. some of the mods have favorites and they don't mind that much when the rules are broken. for example, if you're a Smith supporter, you can pretty much say whatever you want in the NFL talk forum since only a certain mod regulates it, and he's also a big Smith supporter. as long as you're not saying mean things about Smith, you can derail any thread you want.

Pretty much this.

I don't know who was worse at modding NFL talk/Alex threads, NFN or Dj?ill give NFN the edge.

And with that being said, I'll problably get a warning
AR needs a defensive minded HC to bring that defense to respectability, and add a decent OC and they'll be back in business.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
There is NO question that Rodgers is talented. Hard to dismiss all his miracle comebacks!
What if Rodgers had been the QB for the Patriots and Brady in Green Bay?

Who would have accomplished more?

All BB needs is an elite QB to go all the way. Mike LardCarthy was good when they won that SB, he and Rodgers were on the same page back then, not anymore (past few years).

I don't think Patriots / BB would have missed a beat if Aaron were the QB instead of Brady. I'm not really sure how well Brady / LardCarthy would have meshed tho...I think Brady would want to turn on him too or just ignore a lot of his playcalls.

This is a good take, and one that could be completely correct.

I don't think anyone can doubt Bill Belicheck is a good head coach. Even if after Tom Brady leaves, and they do not make the playoffs for a year or two. He has still shown with players like Matt Cassell and Jimmy G, (cassel in particular) that he can win with anyone at QB.

I think you have a great analogy on the point if you switch QB's what team stays the same and what team doesn't. Imagine Aaron Rodgers and Bill Belicheck linking up on the field.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for ChillninDaBay.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Mike LardCarthy was good when they won that SB, he and Rodgers were on the same page back then, not anymore (past few years).

LOL love that name for burger face, but I still think he provides a very QB friendly system no matter where he coaches.
Rodgers is just old and declined. He doesn't have much time or luck left in the NFL and he knows it himself with all the dumb commercials these days, showing signs of desperation.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 4, 2018 at 7:10 AM ]

I strongly believe that Aaron Rodgers agent in the State Farm commercials is f**king hilarious. And I want to have a beer with him.
Originally posted by LVJay:
All BB needs is an elite QB to go all the way.

I don't think Patriots / BB would have missed a beat if Aaron were the QB instead of Brady.

I got to say this, Brady takes immaculate care of his body and he doesn't run around but just goes down when he knows he will get sacked. Rodgers however plays it the opposite on that front and I don't think he eats a diet like Brady's, so mileage will vary, i.e. Rodgers won't play pass 38-40 and his time is running out and I think his luck as well.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 4, 2018 at 7:30 AM ]
Some craziness in GB. Rogers is coming across like he's full of himself.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Some craziness in GB. Rogers is coming across like he's full of himself.

Arrogant QBs? Well I never.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Some craziness in GB. Rogers is coming across like he's full of himself.

Arrogant QBs? Well I never.

must be a millennial thing, i've never seen QBs act like they are gods gift.
Share 49erswebzone