There are 323 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

good find!

lol
Considering what the Packers put the 49ers through in the 90s, hopefully this game will send that organization into the dark age for many years to come. Revenge is best served on a cold dish

also a reminder that the 49ers lead the packers in head to head matchups in the playoffs 5-4
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 25, 2022 at 9:54 AM ]
How long do we have to put up with this "Aaron Rodgers to the 49ers" garbage? Because it is, garbage. We have a QB that has taken us to the NFC Championship Game twice in three years. We have his replacement waiting in the wings. Yet we have pundits claiming Aaron to the 49ers is a "thing." And the Webzone headline catcher screams AARON RODGERS TO SAN FRANCISCO.

Why? I don't want Aaron Rodgers, but that's besides the point. Why would the 49ers be interested in a QB that cannot win the big games, has proven it time and again, and is now on the downside of what has been a good career? This doesn't make any sense for the 49ers. It doesn't deliver anything. It just gives pundits something to scream about.

Aaron Rodgers can stay in Green Bay and choke up a few more big game losses before his career is done. Thank you.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
How long do we have to put up with this "Aaron Rodgers to the 49ers" garbage? Because it is, garbage. We have a QB that has taken us to the NFC Championship Game twice in three years. We have his replacement waiting in the wings. Yet we have pundits claiming Aaron to the 49ers is a "thing." And the Webzone headline catcher screams AARON RODGERS TO SAN FRANCISCO.

Why? I don't want Aaron Rodgers, but that's besides the point. Why would the 49ers be interested in a QB that cannot win the big games, has proven it time and again, and is now on the downside of what has been a good career? This doesn't make any sense for the 49ers. It doesn't deliver anything. It just gives pundits something to scream about.

Aaron Rodgers can stay in Green Bay and choke up a few more big game losses before his career is done. Thank you.

I don't get it. He's going to Denver and I wont even let myself get even kinda excited at the idea about ARod coming to the Bay.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I don't get it. He's going to Denver and I wont even let myself get even kinda excited at the idea about ARod coming to the Bay.

I think Aaron has had terrible luck and been let down by the team around him a few times. For example, this year! STs let him down. If STs made the field goal and didnt get a punt blocked, Packers win. Last year, if LaFleur went for the TD and not the FG, Packers probably win. The year Kap completely dominated the Packers D and Rodgers did all he could on offense to try and keep up. But dont get me wrong, some years the Packers lost because Rodgers couldnt score enough points. But if his team didnt let him down, I think Rodgers probably has 3 rings in 2022.

I would love Rodgers on this team in 2022. We would be unbeatable. With our system, he could sit back and let the run game do its thing. Protect the ball. Make the needed throws. Perform a comeback drive if needed. BUT, i think its foolish because of it would take to get him here. We dont have the draft capital and Packers would know that they are guaranteeing their biggest rival to be dominant for the next 2-3 years. No way it happens. The only way it would happen is if the Packers and Rodgers negotiate a release that results in no dead money for the Packers and Rodgers is free to join any team he wants and that team wont have to surrender any draft capital.

Rodgers wants to win SBs to cement himself as a top QB in history. He knows that the 49ers is the best place to do it. Everyone is talking about the Broncos and I think that is silly. He would have to wait at least a year for them to get up to championship caliber. They dont even have a HC right now. Rodgers doesnt want to waste a year. He wants a sure deal. 49ers have one of the best HCs in the league, healthy cap space, great receivers, top running game, and arguably the top defense in the league. Plus we have the ability to make a vacancy at the QB position. Lance can sit down another two years and learn.

Other than the 49ers, I think Steelers make the most sense. Great HC, great running game and top 5 defense. Young receivers and probably have the cash to add Davante Adams too.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 26, 2022 at 11:07 AM ]

Lol.

Karen Rodgers is a big time t**t.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

good find!

lol

Rodgerscuses!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I think Aaron has had terrible luck and been let down by the team around him a few times. For example, this year! STs let him down. If STs made the field goal and didnt get a punt blocked, Packers win. Last year, if LaFleur went for the TD and not the FG, Packers probably win. The year Kap completely dominated the Packers D and Rodgers did all he could on offense to try and keep up. But dont get me wrong, some years the Packers lost because Rodgers couldnt score enough points. But if his team didnt let him down, I think Rodgers probably has 3 rings in 2022.

I would love Rodgers on this team in 2022. We would be unbeatable. With our system, he could sit back and let the run game do its thing. Protect the ball. Make the needed throws. Perform a comeback drive if needed. BUT, i think its foolish because of it would take to get him here. We dont have the draft capital and Packers would know that they are guaranteeing their biggest rival to be dominant for the next 2-3 years. No way it happens. The only way it would happen is if the Packers and Rodgers negotiate a release that results in no dead money for the Packers and Rodgers is free to join any team he wants and that team wont have to surrender any draft capital.

Rodgers wants to win SBs to cement himself as a top QB in history. He knows that the 49ers is the best place to do it. Everyone is talking about the Broncos and I think that is silly. He would have to wait at least a year for them to get up to championship caliber. They dont even have a HC right now. Rodgers doesnt want to waste a year. He wants a sure deal. 49ers have one of the best HCs in the league, healthy cap space, great receivers, top running game, and arguably the top defense in the league. Plus we have the ability to make a vacancy at the QB position. Lance can sit down another two years and learn.

Other than the 49ers, I think Steelers make the most sense. Great HC, great running game and top 5 defense. Young receivers and probably have the cash to add Davante Adams too.

We don't have the Draft capital as you said. Which means quality players would have to go in the package to be able to get him. And I am not down for that. The biggest problem with a Rodgers trade is you don't know if he is going to retire on you after one season. Giving up what the Packers will demand for Rodgers to only potentially get one year is not worth the risk.

We are in an amazing situation right now. Everything has worked out exactly as they planned it. We are the NFC championship with Jimmy G. So we clearly have a Superbowl roster. We got to sit Trey for a year so he could learn and get more comfortable with the NFL and this playbook. He even got to start a couple games. With turning things over to a QB on his rookie contract next season. It allows us to keep this very talented team together now and for the foreseeable future. Unless we could somehow acquire Rodgers for basically nothing while keeping Trey. Which is not going to happen then it is just not worth it to me.

As for where Rodgers best place is. It has got to be in the NFC. Yes there are some talented teams he could potentially go to in the AFC. Like Denver, Steelers, Colts, and others. But a trade to the AFC you got to get through the AFC playoffs in order to get to the super bowl. And the AFC is going to be brutal the next couple of years. With the NFC There are not many viable teams right now that he could go to that would give him a chance at another superbowl . So even though GB is unlikely to be as good next year. I still think it is probably his best opportunity at winning another Superbowl (outside of landing with the 49ers which is not going to happen).
Thread title should change to "Rodgers, is he diva?"
not realistic to think he will be in a 49ers uniform next year. not even a little. While I do think we would be pretty unstoppable with him, we don't have anything to trade, and don't need or want his cap number. Maybe if we can trade Jimmy for Aaron straight across... and we all know that isn't going to happen. lol

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Considering what the Packers put the 49ers through in the 90s, hopefully this game will send that organization into the dark age for many years to come. Revenge is best served on a cold dish

also a reminder that the 49ers lead the packers in head to head matchups in the playoffs 5-4

All that we really need to do is finish the job. When those '90s Packers were kicking our asses in the playoffs they at least got one Super Bowl title in the process.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Thread title should change to "Rodgers, is he diva?"

I don't think this question even needs to be asked at this point.
Rodgers is deceiving. He throws passes that seem impossible, but he really hasn't been a big game playoff QB for the last decade. I thought he was but a lot of commentary the last few days made me realize he isn't. In 2011 they went 15-1 only losing to KC 19-14 in the regular season. They got beat by the Giants in the playoffs 37-20. He is like Jordan without the killer instinct to take over the game and refuse to lose. He doesn't typically lose games because he turns over the ball, and often they aren't getting blown out. He just seems to disappear. He doesn't have memorable moments in the post season.
https://www.thedrawplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022-01-26-PackersFailure2.png
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

All that we really need to do is finish the job. When those '90s Packers were kicking our asses in the playoffs they at least got one Super Bowl title in the process.

🙏🏼
Share 49ersWebzone