There are 223 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

WTF lol I know the packers could care less about beating the Lions but putting in Jordan Love HAS to pull on ,'' Mr Sensitive '' ARODs short and curlies .

You just know ARod is getting pist.
When is this thread's title going to change?
I think this game has a bunch of future implications going on. If Shanahan has ever dreamed about going into 2022 with Aaron Rodgers as his QB with Trey Lance backing him up for 2-3 years to develop, this is the game to do it. Embarrass the Packers this week and Rodgers will for sure opt out of his contract. It would be a given that he would be done with LaFleur and the Pakcers. He wants to win superbowls and he will turn to the "if you cant beat 'em, join 'em" mentality.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I think this game has a bunch of future implications going on. If Shanahan has ever dreamed about going into 2022 with Aaron Rodgers as his QB with Trey Lance backing him up for 2-3 years to develop, this is the game to do it. Embarrass the Packers this week and Rodgers will for sure opt out of his contract. It would be a given that he would be done with LaFleur and the Pakcers. He wants to win superbowls and he will turn to the "if you cant beat 'em, join 'em" mentality.
In a utopia without a salary cap, I'd be all for this scenario. Unfortunately, one of the big reasons to draft Lance was to free up money to afford keeping the stars of this team together in the short term like Bosa and Deebo. Signing Rodgers would cost more than Jimmy, albeit with a lot more talent at the QB position at the cost of keeping stars on the roster. Probably not happening IMO.

There still could be implications from this game. If we win, Rodgers is more likely to bolt to a different SB contender that can afford his services. If they win and get another Lombardy, Rodgers is more likely to stay. Not guaranteed to stay, but more likely.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
When is this thread's title going to change?

Never, no point in doing that.
[ Edited by evil on Jan 19, 2022 at 9:56 AM ]
let's hope Fauci sent his goons with some COVID 22 to spray on rodgers before his Pat Mcafee interviews.
Niner PASS defense can't hang with the elite teams IMO.

Verrett was trash and he was the best we could do.
This is the week gents that the thread title was made for.

FINISH HIM!
HMMM... I THINK I STARTED THIS THREAD?

HE LOOKS DONE NOW. NO MORE SB. AND GLAD IT WAS THE STRONG WILL AND BIG HEARTED 9ERS THAT SENT HIM AWAY BYE BYE OLD MAN!!!!
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Jan 22, 2022 at 8:15 PM ]
He's done in GB.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Rodgers immunized by the 49ers from ever getting to the Super Bowl again.
Isn't Rodgers signed for 2022, not a free agent until 2023?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

I think he's unrestricted. So is Adams.

Fox sports brought up an interesting scenerio....cutting Jimmy and sending Lance to GB and signing Rogers if he hits FA. Instant contender each year I think.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
let's hope Fauci sent his goons with some COVID 22 to spray on rodgers before his Pat Mcafee interviews.
Niner PASS defense can't hang with the elite teams IMO.

Verrett was trash and he was the best we could do.

• dj43
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

I think he's unrestricted. So is Adams.

Fox sports brought up an interesting scenerio....cutting Jimmy and sending Lance to GB and signing Rogers if he hits FA. Instant contender each year I think.

His contract voids March 2023.
Share 49ersWebzone