There are 113 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Originally posted by English:
Not sure I understand where some of the posters are coming from in this thread. He is a fine quarterback. His team don't always surround him with the best talent though.

He should have thought about that before signing the mega-contract.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Never understood why he was in the conversation as one of the best to begin with. Most overrated QB in the history of the sport.

Agree. His luck is running out and Karma is catching up. He knows it, that's why he's making so many commercials trying to milk out before it's over.
Only time he won a championship was with a stacked defense that gave him turnovers in easy scoring position .It was a defense in at a time when it was the last years of no PED testing and CTE drama. ...and they BARELY won it.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Agree. His luck is running out and Karma is catching up. He knows it, that's why he's making so many commercials trying to milk out before it's over.

Karma? From what?
He's not done...just disappointed his team hasn't played better. That includes him, but overall the Pack hasn't lived up to expectations. I definitely think McCarthy's done...his offense has regressed and that's a telltale sign the end is near. They've also got to do something to improve their defense if they expect to hang w/Vikes and Bears.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Damn dude.
That was fast lol. Sooner than I expected..

Bye bye Rodgers' career.. People might think Rodgers can do well or better without McCarthy but I believe they are tie together, plus McCarthy and his offensive system has always made it easy for the QB to play well, even Matt Flynn was able to get $$$ and a starting job in Seattle after a few games under McCarthy.
Nope but McCarthy finally is. A few years too late. Old eight-chins had back to back HOF QB's and could only produce one SB win out of them in 13 years time.

Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
That was fast lol. Sooner than I expected..

Bye bye Rodgers' career.. People might think Rodgers can do well or better without McCarthy but I believe they are tie together, plus McCarthy and his offensive system has always made it easy for the QB to play well, even Matt Flynn was able to get $$$ and a starting job in Seattle after a few games under McCarthy.

  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,832
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
That was fast lol. Sooner than I expected..

Bye bye Rodgers' career.. People might think Rodgers can do well or better without McCarthy but I believe they are tie together, plus McCarthy and his offensive system has always made it easy for the QB to play well, even Matt Flynn was able to get $$$ and a starting job in Seattle after a few games under McCarthy.
It's interesting to read reports about their personal conflict. How they compete on play calls and in many ways how Rodgers would just ignore his coaching and do what he wants on offense.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Only time he won a championship was with a stacked defense that gave him turnovers in easy scoring position .It was a defense in at a time when it was the last years of no PED testing and CTE drama. ...and they BARELY won it.

Still remember when Fangio (run the same scheme as Capers) was with the 9ers and called out the GB SB run that they got super lucky with all the talented DBs that year and that's when the 9ers beat the Packers with Alex and CK easily.. Rodgers was lucky he got drafted by GB, sat behind Favre, stability at coaching (13 seasons), and inherited a championship team, how he got to make that SB run.. It's all over now lol.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Dec 2, 2018 at 4:55 PM ]
I think that the riff between Rodgers and McCarthy had a lot to do with Rodgers performance. I think when it comes down to your franchise QB and the HC, the QB will almost always win out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers starts playing better. I guess we'll see in the next few games.
Originally posted by jcs:
It's interesting to read reports about their personal conflict. How they compete on play calls and in many ways how Rodgers would just ignore his coaching and do what he wants on offense.

How far did he get with that attitude? 4-7-1 this season so far and got his 13 seasons HC fired lol!

Wasn't that the knock on him coming out of the draft? and Alex Smith was the opposite... like I said karma and luck, everything come full circle.
Share 49erswebzone