There are 311 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by DrEll:
If Rodgers was on the Niners now, I could see us winning the next 3 of 4 SBs easy.

he couldn't even win more than 1 when he had a great team himself.

Neither did Steve Young. So what ?

lol wtf

Not sure why his post is worthy of an LOL or a WTF. He basically poked a giant hole in your couldnt win more than 1 post.
I don't think he's done as far as being capable, but the back nine of his career is being wasted on mediocre teams.

In that light, if his team doesn't improve, you might consider him done.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If Rodgers was on the Niners now, I could see us winning the next 3 of 4 SBs easy.

lol wtf

Not sure why his post is worthy of an LOL or a WTF. He basically poked a giant hole in your couldnt win more than 1 post.

What does Steve Young have to do with the modern NFL? If Rodgers couldn't win more than one Super Bowl when he and his team were in their prime, why would we go for an aging Rodgers over a Jimmy G who is showing that he can be great for us? Him name dropping Steve Young does not mean he poked a giant hole because Steve Young is irrelevant in this conversation. Stupid posts deserve both LOLs and WTFs.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
lets not all get ridiculous now. When the packers gave Rodgers a legit d with charles woodson, young clay matthews and tramon williams and so on he won a sb in 10'. Then they surrounded him with wrs like Nelson, Jennings, Jones and a vet like Driver and he picked defenses weekly. Yah the following year they went 15-1 but no one repeats and ever since management has been cheap and failed to give him a d worth a damn and havent surrounded him with wrs since nelson aged and they let jennings go. Adams was the only 1 they drafted worth a damn. There is NO question in my mind we win at least 2 SB's and no doubt be the favorites for this years. I love Jimmy and I think he'll get better but even tho i truly think were the most complete team I fear Jimmy throwing a stupid or 2 picks or fumbling. With Rodgers I know we'll average 30 plus easily and with this d they'll steam roll everyone.

Rodgers isnt done, weve seen constantly how a dominant dline can make even the greats look horrendous. I just dont think Rodgers has the weapons, the d and the coach to get him another SB unless things change.

and this argument is based on your assumptions on what would happen in your mind if we had Rodgers, not reality. The reality is he has won one SB. But he played amazing that year and is undoubtedly an amazing player. But I wouldn't take him over Jimmy G.

lol wtf

What does Steve Young have to do with the modern NFL? If Rodgers couldn't win more than one Super Bowl when he and his team were in their prime, why would we go for an aging Rodgers over a Jimmy G who is showing that he can be great for us? Him name dropping Steve Young does not mean he poked a giant hole because Steve Young is irrelevant in this conversation. Stupid posts deserve both LOLs and WTFs.

You are downplaying Aaron Rodgers because he has one SB win. Steve Young only has one SB win and he is one of the best to ever do it.

I shouldnt have to spell this out to you.
You are downplaying Aaron Rodgers because he has one SB win. Steve Young only has one SB win and he is one of the best to ever do it.

I am downplaying Rodgers because hes old now and it would be unwise for us to go for him over Jimmy G who is only getting better and is basically still learning Kyles system. Have you seen his record for us? Should we have stuck with an aging Montana who won us 4 super bowls over Young?

I shouldn't have to spell this out for you.
[ Edited by 1251alex on Nov 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM ]

I am downplaying Rodgers because hes old now and it would be unwise for us to go for him over Jimmy G who is only getting better and is basically still learning Kyles system. Have you seen his record for us? Should we have stuck with an aging Montana who won us 4 super bowls over Young?

It was drell who brought that up.

I also agree, Rodgers probably has another year or two of good football. But, if he happened to be on the team this year, no doubt we would be super bowl favorites by a mile.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
It was drell who brought that up.

I also agree, Rodgers probably has another year or two of good football. But, if he happened to be on the team this year, no doubt we would be super bowl favorites by a mile.

Yeah the media would hype us up for that for sure. But theres no use talking about what ifs.

Actually, you DID need to spell it out because none of what you just posted was in your original response. All you said was Rodgers couldnt win more than 1 with a stacked team.

I dont disagree with what you just wrote. But how am I supposed to know that's what you were thinking if you didnt type it? I'm not a mind reader.

• Jaci
  • Veteran
I would say, yes Steve Young did win one superbowl and so did Rodgers- The difference is people don't consistently call Young the greatest qb of all time.

(He is my personal favorite and was ridiculously good of course but hes not ever talked as The GOAT).

Rodgers is good, he is not the best ever by a longshot. So that's what irritates me personally about the guy.
[ Edited by Jaci on Dec 31, 2019 at 9:13 AM ]
Rodgers did not look good at all Sunday. He missed so many throws.
Originally posted by Jaci:
I would say, yes Steve Young did win one superbowl and so did Rodgers- The difference is people don't consistently call Young the greatest qb of all time.

(He is my personal favorite and was ridiculously good of course but hes not ever talked as The GOAT).

Rodgers is good, he is not the best ever by a longshot. So that's what irritates me personally about the guy.

I have heard some media guys say that Rodgers is the best QB they've ever seen, but that's from a talent perspective. Brady can only dream of doing some of the things Rodgers could do, so I understand why some people say that. But thats not saying hes the GOAT.

And QBs like Brady and Montana, although both are great and most likely would've still had good careers, I dont think either of them win that many SBs without being in the right place at the right time. Put Montana on those Broncos teams and hes not winning 4 SBs. Same with Brady, put him on the Packers and he's not getting 6. While Rodgers and Elway could've easily won more SBs than they did in their career have they been on the 49ers or Pats.

But even though those QBs might have been more talented, theres a lot of intangibles that just can't be measured that Brady and Montana have. So who knows what would've been.
Fartgers looking like a dumb azz tonight getting pwned by the 9er D LOL!!!
Time to retire LMAO!!!
Share 49ersWebzone