LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

He's a supremely talented guy. He may be the most talented QB playing today, BUT he's a douchebag. He thinks he can win it all on his arm alone and that's not the case.

Aaron has never had a running game and never will. When he's injured GB mysteriously has success running the ball. If Aaron's ego could handle allowing the RBs to compliment his passing game GB would be perennial contenders. He's a douche and thinks it's all about him.

Didn't read the article, but I'm sure it reinforces everything I've always thought about him. Screw him. He wasted some good years when GB's defense was tough and they could've really competed for a title. He's not down, but I wouldn't expect them to get to the Super Bowl either.

Their division is wide open. Everyone is on Chicago's jock, but without Fangio they'll regress. There's not much separating Detroit and Minnesota. The NFC is pretty competitive right now and I don't see Aaron leading a team to the top.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/time-is-now-for-packers-to-find-aaron-rodgers-eventual-replacement/ar-BBVGt7X?ocid=spartandhp

Times up before Brady LOL!!!

LOL LOL ! !!!
After learning all this drama, it makes the choice to go with Smith seem a little better. Would of still loved Rodgers on the Niners regardless of him being the king of douchebaggery.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
After learning all this drama, it makes the choice to go with Smith seem a little better. Would of still loved Rodgers on the Niners regardless of him being the king of douchebaggery.
Those would have been some intense bug-eyed stare downs between him and Singletary.
Not to mention the "respect" that he would have shown for Tomsula
I always wished he had been drafted instead of Smith but, yikes what a guy.

No it doesnt.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

No it doesnt.
sometimes i wonder if it would have matter who we had.. with nolan and that total idiot sing. we had coaches who had no clue how to develop and with sing,, never valued the importance of a quarterback. i think the big error they made was letting garcia go.. he was not perfect but he would have been a nice option and would have allowed smith to learn., while most likely allowing us to win some games. i am pissed we wasted the prime years of willis cowboy and gore. thoughts steve on my blather? as i greatly respect your opinions here
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
Those would have been some intense bug-eyed stare downs between him and Singletary.
Not to mention the "respect" that he would have shown for Tomsula
I always wished he had been drafted instead of Smith but, yikes what a guy.

well, just as sherman is our best defensive coach. in my opinion. rodgers would have been our best offensive coach if he would have been here going through sing nolan and jt
Originally posted by cciowa:

No it doesnt.
sometimes i wonder if it would have matter who we had.. with nolan and that total idiot sing. we had coaches who had no clue how to develop and with sing,, never valued the importance of a quarterback. i think the big error they made was letting garcia go.. he was not perfect but he would have been a nice option and would have allowed smith to learn., while most likely allowing us to win some games. i am pissed we wasted the prime years of willis cowboy and gore. thoughts steve on my blather? as i greatly respect your opinions here

There could of been a chance of him playing under Mike McCarthy but with the Niners. If McCarthy had beaten the table for him he might of stayed another year or two to coach his handpicked guy. But he didn't and conservative Nolan wasn't about to have Rodger's attitude, he wanted the good soldier in Smith... the rest is history.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 8, 2019 at 10:02 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
There could of been a chance of him playing under Mike McCarthy but with the Niners. If McCarthy had beaten the table for him he might of stayed another year or two to coach his handpicked guy. But he didn't and conservative Nolan wasn't about to have Rodger's attitude, he wanted the good soldier in Smith... the rest is history.
you said nothing wrong
Originally posted by cciowa:

I dont believe Aaron Rodgers would be looked as as one of the best QBs in NFL history if he started here with us. But I believe he had the skillset, the mental makeup and the franchise QB mentality that he would have been a very very good QB.....and he would STILL be our QB. I agree that sitting and learning can be very effective, but that simply isnt realistic in the NFL the last couple decades. Highly drafted QBs are thrown into the fire. The fact that we chose to look elsewhere because of Rodgers attitude and the fact that he would challenge coaches is really upsetting.

I am pissed we wasted the prime years of Willis, Cowboy and Gore as well. That core group should have won a Superbowl.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
I dont believe Aaron Rodgers would be looked as as one of the best QBs in NFL history if he started here with us. But I believe he had the skillset, the mental makeup and the franchise QB mentality that he would have been a very very good QB.....and he would STILL be our QB. I agree that sitting and learning can be very effective, but that simply isnt realistic in the NFL the last couple decades. Highly drafted QBs are thrown into the fire. The fact that we chose to look elsewhere because of Rodgers attitude and the fact that he would challenge coaches is really upsetting.

I am pissed we wasted the prime years of Willis, Cowboy and Gore as well. That core group should have won a Superbowl.

you said nothing wrong.

He would have quit or asked for a trade LOL!!!!!!!!!

No it doesnt.

Yes it does. Rodgers wouldn't have survive LOL!!!
Rodgers is elite but if he was drafted by the 49ers he would have had the same fate as Smith, injuries, because of poor offensive lines.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Rodgers is elite but if he was drafted by the 49ers he would have had the same fate as Smith, injuries, because of poor offensive lines.

This is probably true- but it's also possible Mike Nolan is still our coach if we drafted Rodgers, which is mind boggling.

That year with Norv and Larry Allen would have been awesome with A-Rod.
Share 49ersWebzone