There are 137 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨

Aaron Rodgers, is he done?

Come home, Aaron. Come home
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Aside from his 1 year old comment about the converted WR, his post is pretty accurate.

I disagree. He's had a strong WR group for the majority of his tenure, an offensive minded HC that favored passing, RBs that were very effective when given opportunities, and an average defense.

I've heard the media constantly blame their defense, but they've been hovering around #10-20 scoring defense for the past decade. Meaning, they're right about average. Their offense has been above average and they've gotten into the playoffs in their weak division (until recently). They've been in the playoffs every year and they've continually came up short.

Rogers is a top-tier QB, but he's not the guy I want leading my team in the playoffs. I don't want a guy who is going to check out of running plays because he's overly confident in his arm, when my RB is averaging 5.5 yds/carry. I feel like his ego and refusal to accept the running game has cost them Championships.

Agree with all of this. Rodgers has been in a much better position just about his entire career compared to QBs drafted at or around the same time that have closely the same amount of wins.

Except that his HC has always been awful and highly overrated. I doubt anybody can name more than 2 decent RBs that he's had during his career, (this might be his best RB group ever) almost same with WRs...Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings, who else, James Jones? Lol...None of those guys are all pros or future HOFs. He had a decent defense at times during his career, but never had elite defenses or defenses that were consistently good. On top of that he plays in GB, not SF. Players, especially good ones, aren't salivating at the idea to move their family to GB, Wisconsin...Same problem that Favre had, nobody wanted to play there unless it was late in their careers and they were ring chasing. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just trying to justify taking the wrong QB in the 05 draft.

When you're thinking of a QB who's had it easy, you should be thinking of Big Ben, not Rodgers.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Aside from his 1 year old comment about the converted WR, his post is pretty accurate.

I disagree. He's had a strong WR group for the majority of his tenure, an offensive minded HC that favored passing, RBs that were very effective when given opportunities, and an average defense.

I've heard the media constantly blame their defense, but they've been hovering around #10-20 scoring defense for the past decade. Meaning, they're right about average. Their offense has been above average and they've gotten into the playoffs in their weak division (until recently). They've been in the playoffs every year and they've continually came up short.

Rogers is a top-tier QB, but he's not the guy I want leading my team in the playoffs. I don't want a guy who is going to check out of running plays because he's overly confident in his arm, when my RB is averaging 5.5 yds/carry. I feel like his ego and refusal to accept the running game has cost them Championships.

Agree with all of this. Rodgers has been in a much better position just about his entire career compared to QBs drafted at or around the same time that have closely the same amount of wins.

Except that his HC has always been awful and highly overrated. I doubt anybody can name more than 2 decent RBs that he's had during his career, (this might be his best RB group ever) almost same with WRs...Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings, who else, James Jones? Lol...None of those guys are all pros or future HOFs. He had a decent defense at times during his career, but never had elite defenses or defenses that were consistently good. On top of that he plays in GB, not SF. Players, especially good ones, aren't salivating at the idea to move their family to GB, Wisconsin...Same problem that Favre had, nobody wanted to play there unless it was late in their careers and they were ring chasing. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just trying to justify taking the wrong QB in the 05 draft.

When you're thinking of a QB who's had it easy, you should be thinking of Big Ben, not Rodgers.

What???? Rodgers entered the league with a silver spoon in his mouth. He got to sit behind a HOF QB for a few years, learning one offense and then inherited a playoff team.

Sorry, I am just not buying this poor Aaron Rodgers, he has had it so hard since entering the league crap. Come on dude.
They need to fix that O line and keep Aaron upright!
Rodgers has had studs at wr his entire career. Donald driver, jordy, Greg Jennings, Cobb(when he's not hurt) and Jones was always a good #3.

The issue with gb is that their oline sucks, Rodgers hangs on to the ball too long and he's getting old. He's not invincible anymore like he used to be. He needs help for that team to be successful.
Rodgers > Jimmy G. (right now)

yeah I said it, deal with it.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 1, 2019 at 11:04 PM ]
matt lafleur? probably won't last very long lol.

btw what happened to Kirk Cousins? Right... like I said before, he was garbage lol
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Jan 12, 2019 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Rodgers > Jimmy G. (right now)

yeah I said it, deal with it.

Both have only one healthy leg so the playing field is level.LET THE GAMES BEGIN.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

This is one of the best articles I have read. I highly recommend. So insightful into mcarthy and rogers and the team as a whole over the last 10 years.
Report: Aaron Rodgers was frustrated with Mike McCarthy's 'low football IQ'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-aaron-rodgers-was-frustrated-with-mike-mccarthys-low-football-iq/ar-BBVCqap?ocid=spartandhp

"Aaron's always had a chip on his shoulder with Mike," Grant said. "The guy who ended up becoming your coach passed on you when he had a chance. Aaron was upset that Mike passed on him — that Mike actually verbally said that Alex Smith was a better quarterback."

Let's see how well Rodgers does without McCarthy this season.. LOL!!! Can't wait.

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

This is one of the best articles I have read. I highly recommend. So insightful into mcarthy and rogers and the team as a whole over the last 10 years.
Incredible article, it's amazing they were able to have the success they did. That being said, they both sound like a couple a*****es.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Report: Aaron Rodgers was frustrated with Mike McCarthy's 'low football IQ'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-aaron-rodgers-was-frustrated-with-mike-mccarthys-low-football-iq/ar-BBVCqap?ocid=spartandhp

"Aaron's always had a chip on his shoulder with Mike," Grant said. "The guy who ended up becoming your coach passed on you when he had a chance. Aaron was upset that Mike passed on him — that Mike actually verbally said that Alex Smith was a better quarterback."

Let's see how well Rodgers does without McCarthy this season.. LOL!!! Can't wait.
Sounds like Rodgers was changing most of the plays because McCarthy was constantly calling the same years old plays. Rodgers will be fine. Although I don't think people are gonna give him such a long leash anymore.
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Report: Aaron Rodgers was frustrated with Mike McCarthy's 'low football IQ'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-aaron-rodgers-was-frustrated-with-mike-mccarthys-low-football-iq/ar-BBVCqap?ocid=spartandhp

"Aaron's always had a chip on his shoulder with Mike," Grant said. "The guy who ended up becoming your coach passed on you when he had a chance. Aaron was upset that Mike passed on him — that Mike actually verbally said that Alex Smith was a better quarterback."

Let's see how well Rodgers does without McCarthy this season.. LOL!!! Can't wait.

You think McCarthy was the reason that offense was good? LOL LOL LOL! LOL !!! LOoooooooo0000000l
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Incredible article, it's amazing they were able to have the success they did. That being said, they both sound like a couple a*****es.

jesus….if that article is the truth lol

We all knew Rodgers was an alpha male, take a back seat to no one.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Come home, Aaron. Come home

This!!!
Share 49erswebzone