There are 328 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Jiks:
He's middle of the pack in nearly every stat besides yards and ints. He hasn't been himself this year no matter what way you look at it. QBs have down years, I'm not saying the guy is done.

Stats mean little. He has been dealing with a knee issue since the first game of the season. That has restricted his ability to transfer with properly when He also has had the weakest group of receivers he has had since Jordy Nelson was fully healthy - that has been three years. He still has the best arm in the game, Mahomes not withstanding, and is as game-smart as anyone.

If Gutekunst can give him some weapons again he will shine like before. Thompson had been running on the cheap too long thinking Rodgers could make up the difference. They got lucky with Nelson but let Jennings go before his time...and other mistakes.

Agreed, nice post
They will have to run the ball more and more effectively
Stats mean little. He has been dealing with a knee issue since the first game of the season. That has restricted his ability to transfer with properly when He also has had the weakest group of receivers he has had since Jordy Nelson was fully healthy - that has been three years. He still has the best arm in the game, Mahomes not withstanding, and is as game-smart as anyone.

If Gutekunst can give him some weapons again he will shine like before. Thompson had been running on the cheap too long thinking Rodgers could make up the difference. They got lucky with Nelson but let Jennings go before his time...and other mistakes.
Gutekunst and co. seem to be THE issue. This team is trash for years.
Still the same overrated guy as before...

Partially kidding. He's one of the most physically talented QBs in the league, but he's just not a very good game manager. His problem is that he thinks he can beat teams with his arm alone and that's consistently proven to be his downfall. GB has some RBs and if they'd run a balanced offense, the team would go much further. Control the clock, move the ball, and score regularly.

He's good, very good, but not the top-3 guy like everyone says. His arm is as good as I've seem, but he just doesn't seem to equate that to wins. Maybe it's the injuries, maybe it was McCarthy, maybe it's their defense, perhaps a combination of all, who knows. Something seems missing. I'm just not buying the hype anymore. His stats will look good and he won't throw many INTs, but he's more inclined to disappoint than deliver when it comes to winning big games.

GB was gifted a terrible division for the past decade and they walked into the playoffs annually. They just continued to fall short year after year. GB and Rogers' window seems to be closing.
If A-Aron Rodgers is mediocre can we please sign a mediocre QB
Originally posted by strickac:

Partially kidding. He's one of the most physically talented QBs in the league, but he's just not a very good game manager. His problem is that he thinks he can beat teams with his arm alone and that's consistently proven to be his downfall. GB has some RBs and if they'd run a balanced offense, the team would go much further. Control the clock, move the ball, and score regularly.

He's good, very good, but not the top-3 guy like everyone says. His arm is as good as I've seem, but he just doesn't seem to equate that to wins. Maybe it's the injuries, maybe it was McCarthy, maybe it's their defense, perhaps a combination of all, who knows. Something seems missing. I'm just not buying the hype anymore. His stats will look good and he won't throw many INTs, but he's more inclined to disappoint than deliver when it comes to winning big games.

GB was gifted a terrible division for the past decade and they walked into the playoffs annually. They just continued to fall short year after year. GB and Rogers' window seems to be closing.

lol they have no RBs, their best RB is a converted WR...what are you talking about?

he has to try and be a playmaker because his defense if awful, no run game, average weapons, and a terrible HC for many years.

GB isn't a city where FA are desperate to go play for.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
lol they have no RBs, their best RB is a converted WR...what are you talking about?

he has to try and be a playmaker because his defense if awful, no run game, average weapons, and a terrible HC for many years.

This. I don't like A-Rod either because he seems to be an arrogant prick. Yet, he is so elite that thanks to him the rat pack was somehow competitive.
  • dj43
Originally posted by communist:

Gutekunst and co. seem to be THE issue. This team is trash for years.

Gutekunst was just made GM this past January, replacing long-time GM Ted Thompson. Though he had been in Green Bay for 19 years in various capacities, Thompson called the shots while GM.

You thinking Ty Montgomery is their starting RB is precisely my point. They have Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams, who have looked very good when given the opportunity. Yet, we'd never know because all we see is Aaron throwing the ball.

Wat

Originally posted by RonMexico:

Wat

Aside from his 1 year old comment about the converted WR, his post is pretty accurate.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Aside from his 1 year old comment about the converted WR, his post is pretty accurate.

I disagree. He's had a strong WR group for the majority of his tenure, an offensive minded HC that favored passing, RBs that were very effective when given opportunities, and an average defense.

I've heard the media constantly blame their defense, but they've been hovering around #10-20 scoring defense for the past decade. Meaning, they're right about average. Their offense has been above average and they've gotten into the playoffs in their weak division (until recently). They've been in the playoffs every year and they've continually came up short.

Rogers is a top-tier QB, but he's not the guy I want leading my team in the playoffs. I don't want a guy who is going to check out of running plays because he's overly confident in his arm, when my RB is averaging 5.5 yds/carry. I feel like his ego and refusal to accept the running game has cost them Championships.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I disagree. He's had a strong WR group for the majority of his tenure, an offensive minded HC that favored passing, RBs that were very effective when given opportunities, and an average defense.

I've heard the media constantly blame their defense, but they've been hovering around #10-20 scoring defense for the past decade. Meaning, they're right about average. Their offense has been above average and they've gotten into the playoffs in their weak division (until recently). They've been in the playoffs every year and they've continually came up short.

Rogers is a top-tier QB, but he's not the guy I want leading my team in the playoffs. I don't want a guy who is going to check out of running plays because he's overly confident in his arm, when my RB is averaging 5.5 yds/carry. I feel like his ego and refusal to accept the running game has cost them Championships.

Agree with all of this. Rodgers has been in a much better position just about his entire career compared to QBs drafted at or around the same time that have closely the same amount of wins.
In this league A. Rogers is still a top 3 QB! This league is watered down at the position this is why they changed the rules and made the QB untouchable.

A. Rogers doesn't have a lot of competition for the top spot, I mean Brady is still a top QB and he's almost 50 years old! The QB position is manufactured by rule changes instead of development at this point. Patrick Mahomes is the best thing that has happened to this league since Collin Kaepernick's rise to $100 million Franchise QB, now Mahomes has to sustain it. But let's see what rules are changed for this new crop of QB's.
He was playing really odd in his last game . he looked at a wide open check down. Pump faked it. Stared at him for seconds. Scrambled and stood still until he got sacked. Then he was taken out.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 31, 2018 at 1:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone