LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets

Aaron Rodgers, QB, NY Jets

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I think that the riff between Rodgers and McCarthy had a lot to do with Rodgers performance. I think when it comes down to your franchise QB and the HC, the QB will almost always win out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers starts playing better. I guess we'll see in the next few games.

I think Baltimore and Green Bay should have just traded head coaches. Both guys need a fresh start elsewhere. Bring in John Harbaugh as HC, hire Kafka from KC to be the OC and keep Pettine around as DC.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I think that the riff between Rodgers and McCarthy had a lot to do with Rodgers performance. I think when it comes down to your franchise QB and the HC, the QB will almost always win out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers starts playing better. I guess we'll see in the next few games.
Going to be hard to lure a good offensive minded HC or OC with Rodgers reluctance to play along.
Aaron Rodgers is my worst fantasy football player. Probably not done though in that he can still manage a game effectively.
Originally posted by jcs:
Going to be hard to lure a good offensive minded HC or OC with Rodgers reluctance to play along.

Any good offensive minded coach worth their salt would love to have a talent like Rodgers at their disposal. You don't think Kyle or McVay would jump at the opportunity to acquire him? Green Bay held on to McCarthy a few seasons past his expiration date. It was clear that his offense had gotten stale and his insistence on holding on to Capers for far too long should have resulted in him being gone well before today. Sometimes you need to make a change, better late than never for the Packers I guess.
HOF

We missed out
Did tirico on snf pregame just say "they name streets after u in gb when u win a sb and mccarthy will have his one day"?
Originally posted by crabman82:
Did tirico on snf pregame just say "they name streets after u in gb when u win a sb and mccarthy will have his one day"?

There will be a McCarthy Way or Ave someday, book it.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Never understood why he was in the conversation as one of the best to begin with. Most overrated QB in the history of the sport.
LOL Not even close
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Any good offensive minded coach worth their salt would love to have a talent like Rodgers at their disposal. You don't think Kyle or McVay would jump at the opportunity to acquire him? Green Bay held on to McCarthy a few seasons past his expiration date. It was clear that his offense had gotten stale and his insistence on holding on to Capers for far too long should have resulted in him being gone well before today. Sometimes you need to make a change, better late than never for the Packers I guess.
Could you imagine Kyle with Rodgers and the fights they would have as KS would call one of his complicated play calls in the rhythm way calls plays only to see Rodgers audible out of it consistently in order to play is version of street ball.

Rodgers is going to have to be willing to listen to coaching if he ever expects to win like Brady.
Could you imagine Kyle with Rodgers and the fights they would have as KS would call one of his complicated play calls in the rhythm way calls plays only to see Rodgers audible out of it consistently in order to play is version of street ball.

Rodgers is going to have to be willing to listen to coaching if he ever expects to win like Brady.
Rodgers get pay too much $$$ to listen like Brady... lol.

I don't buy this "Rodgers won't listen to coaches stuff." None of that came up until the last year or so. I don't blame him for being tired of McCarthy. Sometimes you just need a change and the only reason McCarthy still had a job for this long is largely because of Rodgers being able to put that offense on his back.

Rodgers wasn't the reason that the team held on to a mediocre DC for far too long, or wasted countless draft picks on subpar players.
He's a diva and I'm not a fan of his, but the dude is extremely talented. I think the problem is that they (McCarthey and Rodgers) were so unbalanced on offense. They thought they could just air it out and win. It didn't work.

They have Aaron Jones and if they'd lean on him and keep defenses guessing, Rodgers would have more success moving the ball. It's no surprise McCarthey was fired. It was the right move. The league caught on to what they were doing years ago. Broadcasters always claim that GB just needed a RB, but that was never why "they" wanted.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 2, 2018 at 5:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't buy this "Rodgers won't listen to coaches stuff." None of that came up until the last year or so. I don't blame him for being tired of McCarthy. Sometimes you just need a change and the only reason McCarthy still had a job for this long is largely because of Rodgers being able to put that offense on his back.

Rodgers wasn't the reason that the team held on to a mediocre DC for far too long, or wasted countless draft picks on subpar players.

Besides this McCarthy's offense was so bland and in a league where we're seeing more and more innovation his offense had none.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Besides this McCarthy's offense was so bland and in a league where we're seeing more and more innovation his offense had none.

That too. His offense over the past few years is best described as "cross your fingers and hope Rodgers pulls something out of his ass."
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Never understood why he was in the conversation as one of the best to begin with. Most overrated QB in the history of the sport.

Might be the funniest thing I've read on the internet lol
Share 49ersWebzone