LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

JAGZ' TOM COUGHLIN

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Been reading news around the NFL... and I would not be surprise if Tom Coughlin would re-shape the team by trading for his old QB in NY (Eli Manning) as well as move up to the draft and try to land his FUTURE QB in Oregon's Herbert.

Just like the time he was with the Giants and how he had the veteran Kurt Warner while drafting Eli. Coughlin knows that the team is very much talented and regressed due to the play of Bortles... Tho Eli is on the down side of his career, Coughlin still feels that he still has a few years left in him and could be a steady player w/a very good defense...

He will provide Eli with more young talent offensively so that it would be an easier transition for Herbert when his time comes around..

so don't be surprise if the Jagz call us to move up a notch during the draft.
He needs to be fired if he rolls with Bortles as his qb or thinks Eli can even be a bridge qb. Eli has an offense absolutely loaded with talent and an offensive genius of a coach and still sucks.
They need a qb alright, but not Manning. He is done.
I have the utmost respect for Coughlin, he beat Belichick twice in Super Bowls. One of them against an undefeated team. He put a dagger in the hearts of 49er fans in 2011. His knowledge, work ethic and player understanding is unquestioned. The only issue is age and that may not be a significant factor.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Manning is the worst starting QB in the league. No joke. I'd take a few back ups over Manning... Just the top of my head, Beathard, FitZturnover come to mind.
QUIT ADDING A Z TO THE END OF JAGS

ITS NOT JAGUARZ ITS JAGUARS
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
He needs to be fired if he rolls with Bortles as his qb or thinks Eli can even be a bridge qb. Eli has an offense absolutely loaded with talent and an offensive genius of a coach and still sucks.

I've watched a few games this year and that's not the case. His O-Line is trash.
Originally posted by valrod33:

*jag-wirez
Eli needs to walk away from the game. If it's one thing I hate about football it's the idea that the same group of people , like the Coughlins, or Fishers HAVE to stay in the league or be a part of it just because they are apart of that union/ social pipeline.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

*jag-wirez

Most of the commentators make it more like Jag Waars.

• Antix
  • Veteran
I wouldnt want any parts of Eli. They should try to aquire Bridgewater. I dunno what FA qbs will be available or what the draft qbs are like but thats where Id go for now. That way they wouldnt necesarilly have to reach for a qb in the 19 draft if the 20 draft is better.

Jags fans were really annoying this past offseason trying convince people not only was Bortles good but that he had been good for a while. Smdh now they gotta deal with his stupid contract. Jags are dumb.
Originally posted by Antix:
I wouldnt want any parts of Eli. They should try to aquire Bridgewater. I dunno what FA qbs will be available or what the draft qbs are like but thats where Id go for now. That way they wouldnt necesarilly have to reach for a qb in the 19 draft if the 20 draft is better.

Jags fans were really annoying this past offseason trying convince people not only was Bortles good but that he had been good for a while. Smdh now they gotta deal with his stupid contract. Jags are dumb.

The draft looks like garbage for QB this year from what I understand with the top guy (atm anyway) likely returning to school. This is why the Giants got so much s**t last year for drafting Barkley. If you were a team in need of a QB, last year was the year to address that need. FA and the draft had a ton of viable options. This year not so much.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I see them JAGZ as one possible trading partner..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I see them JAGZ as one possible trading partner..

No team is trading up for Herbert
Share 49ersWebzone