There are 246 users in the forums

This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Seattle Seahawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is hilarious using a few statistics to try to mask how Russell Wilson has declined this year.

I can play that game too. The Niners defense was ranked 10th last week. Let me repeat that...... the Niners defense was ranked 10th! I can say well, they had some bad plays here and there but overall their defense has been better than in years past.

But guess what guys that is not the truth and you know it. I sound ignorant and foolish that's why I am not going to use statistics because in this case it's a horrible misconception just like a few of these people arguing for Russell Wilson. But if you want to argue with statistics I will just say the Niners had a top 10 defense last week. boom done!
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 28, 2018 at 10:28 AM ]
The Seahawks fans called us this.

*modded*
Originally posted by Orange01Purple:
The Seahawks fans called us this.

*modded*
They are right, hopefully. They better effing win, if not then that is a testament on how bad the Hawks are because this 49ers team is freaking BAD on defense.
They said they tried to Lysol the WZ but the Lysol jumped back in the can! LoL
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Natedog:
Without Wilson, that is a 2-9 team just like the current 49ers.

Of course they would have a worse record. Same with 10 to 15 other teams without their franchise qb including the niners as we have seen

first he was a game manager at best, now hes a franchise QB. lol, you have no clue what you are talking about, that is a fact.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Natedog:
Without Wilson, that is a 2-9 team just like the current 49ers.

Of course they would have a worse record. Same with 10 to 15 other teams without their franchise qb including the niners as we have seen

first he was a game manager at best, now hes a franchise QB. lol, you have no clue what you are talking about, that is a fact.

"their franchise qb" was the exact quote. That quote doesn't infer opinion of the poster, but rather that of Wilson/Seahawk fans when I read it. It doesn't matter the team. Unless you have an heir apparent waiting in the wings not many teams can weather losing their crowned franchise QB. Losing that guy in your team is devastating, regardless of his actual abilities. We have no clue what GQ is really capable of, but the moment we lost him our season was lost, except for one really fun game in the hands of LDN (little dick nock now ).
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who hacked buzzB's account?

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Elguapo should not be left to fight this anti-Wilson fight all by himself. #1b will join #1a right now....

End of the day, it's very simple:

Wilson is a better QB than the one who played in the two SBs, but until the defense and running game approach the levels of 2012-2014, we're most likely never going to see Russell Wilson play in another Super Bowl again.

Hell, he hasn't advanced past the divisional game since the last time they went to a Super Bowl (2014), so that makes it 3 seasons so far, possibly a 4th by January. After a certain point, you acknowledge he's a decent QB but nothing special because he needs a lot of support.

You could argue similar things for Rodgers and Brees lack of distant postseason success in recent years but they've both won SBs where they were the major factor, not the sidecar/caboose. Wilson still hasn't carried a Seahawk postseason as #7 the kneeler did in 2012, where he was 2-0 in the playoffs leading to the SB where the other team scored 24+.

So let's reframe it in a neutral way, shall we:

If Jimmy Garoppolo never makes it to a Super Bowl because the run game and defense aren't good enough, who will 49er fans typically blame?

Right, you know the deal. And even if he did get there on his own and failed to continue, he would still get s*** on by Niner fans (i.e. see Young, Steven).

Anyways, we're maybe a little jealous that Wicket managed to win the big game when Kap couldn't, but no Niner fan from mid 2013 on would say that Kap was the reason the 49ers were a SB team.

The hypocrisy of Seahawk fans to say that Kap was a 1 read QB and pretending Wilson was less like Kap and more like a more mobile Drew Brees (because they are the same height ) is what has caused me to be a Wilson hater to the 50th degree since his rookie year. I don't think Panthers' fans are as bullish on Cam Newton as Seahawk fans are with Wilson. Cam had an MVP season for sure, but that 2015 Bronco defense reminded us that these types of QBs have very real limitations indeed.

This year started out to actually turn a bit sour for some Hawk fans on .NET, but it seems like a few decent games has caused pause from the truth.

We all know that there's no way they are beating the Saints in New Orleans, Vikings in Minnesota, and they'll need luck to beat the Rams even though they are a division foe.

People also forget that Wilson has never elevated his postseason play compared to his regular season play, more the opposite. He's just like Peyton Manning in that regard, not so much like Brady or Montana.

That 2015 season were I had to listen to Al Michaels & Cris Collinsworth blow the guy was entertaining right up until that wildcard game in Minnesota were he was outplayed by Teddy Bridgewater, and won a game with possibly more luck than the one he had against Green Bay a year earlier.

And maybe 2018 is better than 2015 regular season, but we all know how it will end.

I hope Wilson never retires.

Here here JT. Not one thing you said is untrue and these people are in serious denial. We never said he's a bad quarterback I have often said he's a good game manager but then again so was Alex Smith.

Wilson is better at a lot of things then many quarterbacks like running around, taking unnecessary sacks and throwing jump balls, but he's not even close to a great qb by himself. He has trouble going through multiple reads.

Just like you said he chokes in the playoffs when it matters and he doesn't do too well in a lot of regular season games. This year he's the main reason they have lost quite a few games but they would rather point to statistics showing he's doing better than he really is. But that's not the truth. I'm glad he's on Seattle and I'm glad he will never win a Super Bowl by his play vs letting that historically good defense win it for him along with lynch.

This argument is way too easy. Hell, I never defended a quarterback like Alex Smith who needed a great cast around him but these people want to point at statistics, well here's one, Alex Smith was the best rated quarterback last year and miraculously threw the most amount of deep air yards (20+) by a wide margin.

Let me repeat that for you people. Alex Smith was the best rated quarterback last year and was the best at deep balls, statistically speaking. We all know that's not true he is not even a top 15 quarterback and he is probably not a top 25 quarterback at throwing deep. But the statistics show that. 😂

How's that for mental gymnastics. The dishes are done. As Darth Vader would say, all too easy

Break out the Guacomole!
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Wow. You posts are so ignorant. You are clueless. Blake Bortles was considered a franchise qb. So was Sanchez so was Bradford so was Alex Smith and so on and so on. It's an expression. It DOES NOT mean they are very good. Hello mcfly. Wow. Your posts keep getting worse.

RW is a good game manager and the Seahawks would call him their franchise qb. Try to keep up. Just bc people call a qb their franchise an doesn't really reflect their play a lot of times. Dam. So sad how I have to explain this to you. Do you even watch football??? Thanks for all the laughs. Wow
Originally posted by WINiner:
"their franchise qb" was the exact quote. That quote doesn't infer opinion of the poster, but rather that of Wilson/Seahawk fans when I read it. It doesn't matter the team. Unless you have an heir apparent waiting in the wings not many teams can weather losing their crowned franchise QB. Losing that guy in your team is devastating, regardless of his actual abilities. We have no clue what GQ is really capable of, but the moment we lost him our season was lost, except for one really fun game in the hands of LDN (little dick nock now ).

Thank you. A smart fan. How refreshing

Originally posted by cortez96:
Break out the Guacomole!

Better than eating crow. Guacamole rules
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Bruh, I use that with almost anything (tacos, burritos, sopes, sandwiches, chips, breakfast, etc.)
Originally posted by LVJay:

Bruh, I use that with almost anything (tacos, burritos, sopes, sandwiches, chips, breakfast, etc.)

Nice LV. This weeks 3 team 10 point teaser
Seattle to 0
Rams to 0
KC to -5

I'm loading up on this one
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by cortez96:
Break out the Guacomole!

I don't get the guacamole thing he keeps bringing up.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Nice LV. This weeks 3 team 10 point teaser
Seattle to 0
Rams to 0
KC to -5

I'm loading up on this one

Perfect 3 team teaser!!!

Dude! Seriously, now is the time to bet the house, cars, life savings, pets, kids, everything and anything, even your own life!!
Share 49ersWebzone