LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by English:
So that would mean the thread is finished as the Bears rebuild has officially failed.

Indeed it has. Turns out trading multiple firsts for a non QB was as bad a decision long term as I had thought originally. Rams will soon follow. Hawks are already there.

I dunno, it would depends on when you stop for each team. Like does 1 team have to be playoff bound or win the super bowl? Currently I feel the niners are trending better.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Nov 29, 2021 at 11:54 PM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
ya if tribusly worked out or they took another QB i think the bears wouldve worked out

Nagy isnt a great coach but i think trading for mack was a smart move

OT pass rusher and QB are the positions i would trade multiple first rounders for without much hesitation i would also do it for CB or S depending on who it is.

You would trade multiple 1st rounders for a safety or corner? Seriously? For that price it would only be qb and maybe a great edge rusher. For LT (assuming my qb is a right hander) I would maybe trade a high 1st or maybe a 1st and either a 2nd or 3rd.

I doubt I would even trade a 1st for a safety (so ha ha Seattle).
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by English:
So that would mean the thread is finished as the Bears rebuild has officially failed.

Indeed it has. Turns out trading multiple firsts for a non QB was as bad a decision long term as I had thought originally. Rams will soon follow. Hawks are already there.

I dunno, it would depends on when you stop for each team. Like does 1 team have to be playoff bound or win the super bowl? Currently I feel the niners are trending better.

Well, I think Chicago are about to embark on a new rebuild. And we are not rebuilding any more, so much as evolving.

Whatever Chicago did, it was obviously wrong! It might to interesting to widen the remit of the thread to different rebuild strategy. Jets vs Jaguars?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Rams will have a Comp 3rd as their first pick this coming draft with limited funds to sign anyone (Looks like maybe 4 mil total cap space without making moves.) Their defense is mediocre and has been most of the season and they will have little to help it next year. If they let Whitworth go it gives them 13 mil more to spend but need a LT and possibly a C replacement.

I will take the Vikings plan all day long. They are consistently in the mix. It's all about getting the QB piece right.
If I'm the Bears here's what I do. You fire Nagy and hire a former Chicago Bear QB coming off his national championship... one Jim Harbaugh. You saddle up with fired Denver HC Vic Fangio as DC. You have Justin Fields getting mentored up like Alex did circa 2011. Khalil Mack and Roquan will be their Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If I'm the Bears here's what I do. You fire Nagy and hire a former Chicago Bear QB coming off his national championship... one Jim Harbaugh. You saddle up with fired Denver HC Vic Fangio as DC. You have Justin Fields getting mentored up like Alex did circa 2011. Khalil Mack and Roquan will be their Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis.

Problem is Harbaugh will bring his handpicked GM in Mike Lombardi who makes Baalke look like Ozzie Newsome. It's gonna go the way Mooch did in Detroit.

Also Harbaugh is coaching Georgia? Must've missed that.

Don't know why Denver would fire Fangio. Isn't his fault Elway can't find a QB.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 1, 2021 at 2:50 PM ]
Got to feel abit bad for Bears fans. Going through bad season after bad season after bad season and not have the roster to show for it.
Can we go with both plans have sucked up till now?

Fields has to really learn how to talk the media better or he will become very unpopular in Chicago. Especially if they are losing a bunch of games. After the Packers loss he said the loss hurts the players alot more than the fans because the fans don't put in the work. Then later said he was just frustrated and didn't feel like talking to the media. He seems to put his foot in his mouth alot. This is one area where Trey is way more advanced than Justin Fields, despite being younger.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Seriously?

The Shanahan 49ers have four playoff wins and a SB appearance.

The Bears have had zero playoff wins and zero appearances in the Divisional Round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

The Shanahan 49ers have four playoff wins and a SB appearance.

The Bears have had zero playoff wins and zero appearances in the Divisional Round.

Not sure why you guys bother to answer that.

Us 49er fans know who has built the better team.
Originally posted by Cjez:
simple. they added playmakers, we added soft scrubs. They also have a legit coaching staff, unlike us.

Yikes. Accidentally clicked on page 2 and this was the first post. Wonder what playmakers he was referring to.
Share 49ersWebzone