1 rnd #31 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR

Could've had Tom Brady 5 times too.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 16to87:
what could have been

1 rnd #3 Patrick Maholmes QB
1 rnd #31 JuJu Smith-Schuster WR

Could've had Tom Brady 5 times too.

I'd never know that we are 8-1 by reading these boards sometimes. If Ninertalk existed in '81, would there be people complaining midseason who Walsh could've had instead of James Owens?
Coach seems to have given up on the GMs handpicked QB. If it's not Mitch the rest of the way you might as well work on your resume Pace.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Nov 17, 2019 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Man, the day they got Trubisky and we fleeced Pace for Thomas and got Foster on top of that, at worst, everyone thought it was a win-win. Nope...so far, fail-fail. Brutal.

That tradedown got the 49ers Fred Warner. That part was a win.

The Bears...not many wins for them recently...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sounds about right.

"I talked to someone I trust immensely about what's going on with the Bears. He said the coach used all these gimmicks last year and the rest of the league has sniffed it out. And Trubisky doesn't know how to do the basics because of how gimmicky it was last year."-Rich Eisen

Oh wow...that's scary. HC is gone. And what a waste of developmental time too.
Maybe the reality is Trubusky simply sucks. Kid was set up to fail from just his single year of college football experience to getting drafted ahead of guys like Watson and Mehomes.
[ Edited by jcs on Nov 17, 2019 at 8:41 PM ]
Sounds about right.

"I talked to someone I trust immensely about what's going on with the Bears. He said the coach used all these gimmicks last year and the rest of the league has sniffed it out. And Trubisky doesn't know how to do the basics because of how gimmicky it was last year."-Rich Eisen

Sounds a lot like Harbaugh and his "gadget offense" which morphed into the Schembechler dunderhead offense we saw in 2014
Mitch is a upgraded version of t bow passing with less running ability.

Their team is done until they upgrade the qb
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for alwayssecond.
That tradedown got the 49ers Fred Warner. That part was a win.

The Bears...not many wins for them recently...

i forgot about that. I thought all we had got was thomas, foster and tarvarious moore. at that point, it was awful for both teams

but if we got warner also, then we got the slight upper hand on this fiasco
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by susweel:
Good thread nc. People here are laughing at the bears last when they traded up for trubisky and he's developing really nicely for them. Their roster looks so much more promising than ours and their coaching is way superior to ours.

However they are doing it all wrong you're not supposed to win games in just year 2 of a rebuild.

This thread and the Kyle Shanahan vs Sean McVay thread lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This thread and the Kyle Shanahan vs Sean McVay thread lol

The same people so giddy about 9ers losing and making comments on McVay and Nagys greatness have gotten awfully quiet.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Only for the pretend fans who only root for failure
Bears would be a playoff team if trubisky were less limited. Allen Robinson would be a top 5 wr with a good qb aND their defense would be way better if their offense could kill clock and give them a rest.

Lesson is don't hitch your wagon to QBs who are mediocre ex. Winston, trubisky, mariota, Goff etc... as soon as teams clue in on taking away the slot receiver and running game by stacking the box it's over.
thank god OP isn't running the show
Share 49ersWebzone