LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

The Official Lord Fangio thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I BELIEVE I had him going to Cincy to TOUGHEN up those BANGELS since they play in that Black n Bruise Division...

Marvin Lewis is a very good DC, but he's just too soft.. very very soft.. and his own team is a duplicate of him that's why he couldn't win even after 16 years..
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Fangio in Denver would be nasty. That D is primed to be dominate. Wolfe and Gotsis with Chubb and Miller and Harris and Marshall. The fans may hate it cause they want a offensive guru but it would be a great hire.

Yup, a lot of the players are in place for Fangio(again) to dominate.

Losing Fangio would be a devastating blow for the Bears.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 31, 2018 at 10:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It might be Fangio's time.

Oh so now they are chasing after Vic after he got Khalil Mack. So who's going to give Vic another Khalil Mac...

Going to Denver makes more sense to Vic, they already have Von Miller and the other new guy. Can't remember his name right now.

If the Broncos can land him, I'd say Miller and Chubb is an even better tandem than what he's got in Chicago.

About time. Go Vic!!!
If they hire Vic, they will most likely try to get Gase as hands off OC. If Gase willing to be back in that role again.

Lol never gonna happen. Gase was screwed over by Elway and there's a strong dislike.

How did Elway screw Gase?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It might be Fangio's time.

Oh so now they are chasing after Vic after he got Khalil Mack. So who's going to give Vic another Khalil Mac...

Going to Denver makes more sense to Vic, they already have Von Miller and the other new guy. Can't remember his name right now.

If the Broncos can land him, I'd say Miller and Chubb is an even better tandem than what he's got in Chicago.

About time. Go Vic!!!
If they hire Vic, they will most likely try to get Gase as hands off OC. If Gase willing to be back in that role again.

Lol never gonna happen. Gase was screwed over by Elway and there's a strong dislike.

How did Elway screw Gase?

I believe it was when we were considering hiring Gase and Elway talked bad about him to Baalke. Atleast from what I've heard from Denver radio
Fangio in Denver would be nasty. That D is primed to be dominate. Wolfe and Gotsis with Chubb and Miller and Harris and Marshall. The fans may hate it cause they want a offensive guru but it would be a great hire.

Depends. Will Fangio still be calling the defense like Zimmer or will he hand it over to someone else ala Todd Bowles?

His OC hire would be absolutely crucial. I wonder if he would have any interest in Scangarello.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 31, 2018 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Depends. Will Fangio still be calling the defense like Zimmer or will he hand it over to someone else ala Todd Bowles?

Probably bring his right-hand man Ed Donatell. I miss those guys.

Me too
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Me too

It really was an all-star squad on defense. Vic Fangio, Ed Donatell, Jim Leavitt (built that USF program), and Jim Tomsula.

This is what I think would happen, unless the Bears would be eyeballing Donatell to take the reigns in Chicago.

It was reported when Fangio was interviewed in San Francisco, he was eyeballing Kyle as his oc. At the very least that may be telling to what type of scheme he's looking for offensively.

Edit: I went back to see any coordinators that Fangio has crossed over with on his former teams still active in the league. Interesting enough he's known Greg Roman since the mid 90's. He coached with him in Carolina, Houston, Stanford, and San Francisco. He also coached with Hue Jackson in Baltimore.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 31, 2018 at 9:15 PM ]

I think Denver would be a very good fit for him and the Bears would be in mourning.

Who cares about fangio. Donatell! We need Donatell.

You know what's going to happen, right? Fangio will move on to be a HC and Pace will hire Todd Bowles. Fitting. Just another swift kick to my sack.
Originally posted by NCommand:
You know what's going to happen, right? Fangio will move on to be a HC and Pace will hire Todd Bowles. Fitting. Just another swift kick to my sack.

He'd be a huge downgrade, IMO. Bowles' style is the opposite of Fangio with all the blitzing and man coverages he dials up.
Should have got a head coach offer in 2015. Thanks for Tomsula, Jed.
Can we just have Jed fly over to him and apologize and have Fangio here next season? thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone