LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

The Official Lord Fangio thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is Lord Fangio finally going to get s**t shot at being a head coach this offseason?

Originally posted by Heroism:
Is Lord Fangio finally going to get s**t shot at being a head coach this offseason?

Poor dude should have burned the house down when Jed passed him over for Tomsula.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Poor dude should have burned the house down when Jed passed him over for Tomsula.

True!
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'd interview him. And if I were a young position coach on offense looking for a shot to call plays I'd like to be on his staff. Or an OC with an expiring contract and wanting a better opportunity to shine. If the front office is solid, I think Fangio will have success.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I'd interview him. And if I were a young position coach on offense looking for a shot to call plays I'd like to be on his staff. Or an OC with an expiring contract and wanting a better opportunity to shine. If the front office is solid, I think Fangio will have success.

He has that straight-shooter Bill Bellycheat mindset. Remember, he would have been cool with Adam Gase or Kyle Shanahan too so he knows the importance of a great offensive mind. He'd be one of the few defensive HC's I'd hire these days.
Odd they won on defense with a backup QB who didn't get to throw one pass d/t time constraints against the Lions.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Not to break up this bukkake orgy in here, but I don't ever remember him being this aggressive (as far as blitzing) when he was here. It seems like he has adjusted his scheme to fit what he has there in Chicago, and what a front 7 they have.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Not to break up this bukkake orgy in here, but I don't ever remember him being this aggressive (as far as blitzing) when he was here. It seems like he has adjusted his scheme to fit what he has there in Chicago, and what a front 7 they have.

True. But our front 7 was better and maybe felt more comfortable getting pressure with 4.
Fangio is a great DC but I doubt he'd make a good HC

He has that straight-shooter Bill Bellycheat mindset. Remember, he would have been cool with Adam Gase or Kyle Shanahan too so he knows the importance of a great offensive mind. He'd be one of the few defensive HC's I'd hire these days.

Ironically I read somewhere when he was a head coach candidate here, he was targeting Kyle as his oc.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Ironically I read somewhere when he was a head coach candidate here, he was targeting Kyle as his oc.

He's no dummy. Imagine if he had Kyle Shanahan as the OC instead of Roman during Harbaugh's tenure here. It sounds like he had interest in coming back here as well after John Fox. Oh well.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:31 AM ]
Locking down that Rams offense through 3Q.
This is one of his all-time great games.
This is one of his all-time great games.

No doubt. Imagine him paired with Kyle.
Share 49ersWebzone