LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Official Lord Fangio thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Fire or demote Paraag? I don't see that happening.

Marathe can be promoted to Vice Admiral Of the Seven Seas and Grand Poobah of Contracts and Analytics.

It's common knowledge that the VAotSSaGPoCaA is the most important role in any successful organization. This promotion would be a wise move.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
That performance last night, on both sides of the ball was pathetic, however it starts on the offensive side. If they can't move the ball, the rest of the team gets down...and they did last night.

It starts with Flacco, but it is really Elway. It was laughable when Fox put up the list of QBs Elway has brought in and then Aikman said, "Elway should know QBs but has struggled to bring in a good one."

NO! Elway doesn't know QBs or he would have found one by now.

It isn't the OC, as that is the same offense that Kyle is using to tear things up in SF.

It is Elway and a defensive-minded DC that is wasting a lot of talent in Bronco land.

Too bad.

Call me crazy... but I prefer my DC to be defensive-minded lol

That works if he has a strong-minded OC. The problem is, there are not many situations like that. Belichick would seem to be an exception, however, he understands the offensive side of things. He just has confidence in McDaniel to execute the O.

In the case of Denver, though Scangarello may be capable, he doesn't have the experience to stand up to Fangio and Elway about the need for a quality QB in order to build an offense.

DJ he is giving you a hard time for saying defensive-minded DC, not defensive-minding head coach. I should hope a defensive coordinator is defensive-minded. LOL

Multi-tasking today was not good. Obviously I typed DC when I meant HC and never took the time to proof it.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
That performance last night, on both sides of the ball was pathetic, however it starts on the offensive side. If they can't move the ball, the rest of the team gets down...and they did last night.

It starts with Flacco, but it is really Elway. It was laughable when Fox put up the list of QBs Elway has brought in and then Aikman said, "Elway should know QBs but has struggled to bring in a good one."

NO! Elway doesn't know QBs or he would have found one by now.

It isn't the OC, as that is the same offense that Kyle is using to tear things up in SF.

It is Elway and a defensive-minded DC that is wasting a lot of talent in Bronco land.

Too bad.

Call me crazy... but I prefer my DC to be defensive-minded lol

That works if he has a strong-minded OC. The problem is, there are not many situations like that. Belichick would seem to be an exception, however, he understands the offensive side of things. He just has confidence in McDaniel to execute the O.

In the case of Denver, though Scangarello may be capable, he doesn't have the experience to stand up to Fangio and Elway about the need for a quality QB in order to build an offense.

DJ he is giving you a hard time for saying defensive-minded DC, not defensive-minding head coach. I should hope a defensive coordinator is defensive-minded. LOL

Multi-tasking today was not good. Obviously I typed DC when I meant HC and never took the time to proof it.

For sure. We all knew what you meant. It was just funny.
Not a good showing at all by the Broncos especially Flacco. Sure hope they get Drew Locke back soon & can move on from Flacco. Think they begin to trade off assets after this weeks games if the FO is smart to prepare for next year & beyond. Good luck Fangio
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
You sure expect A LOT of an offensive coordinator. Not only does he have to design an offense & call plays. He also has to tell the coach and GM who the QB should be? Was it Saleh's fault that SF didn't have quality pass rushers the last few years? Should he should of demand Lynch go sign oh i dont know Ezekiel Ansah?

I would hope that the OC has a significant voice in who the QB that will be running offense is. Anything less would be dysfunctional.

Well i guess he can always do what Shanahan did and give a power point presentation about why he should be let out of his contract.

I mean it worked out for him.

If a franchise hires you to run an offense but gives you zero input into the most crucial position on that offense, that probably isn't the right job.
Rough performance yesterday as Lord Fangio falls to 2-6.
  • Jiks
Time to tank
Flacco calling him out already.

Pretty sure they had a heated exchange and flacco said "I beat your trash defense in the super bowl"
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
They're in a world of hurt with Flacco having a herniated disk in his freakin' neck.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-vic-fangio-struggling-to-connect-with-players-and-coaches-in-first-season-in-denver/

Honestly Denver makes sense for Kap. Fangio knows him well. Elway tried to get him at one point, and Curtis Modkins knows Kap too from 2016. Mike Shula has worked with mobile QB's a bunch (Cam Newton) and they only have Jeff Driskel as their backup QB.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Would be great for jersey sales.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Honestly Denver makes sense for Kap. Fangio knows him well. Elway tried to get him at one point, and Curtis Modkins knows Kap too from 2016. Mike Shula has worked with mobile QB's a bunch (Cam Newton) and they only have Jeff Driskel as their backup QB.

Another ex-Niner!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Another ex-Niner!

Another Baalke boi
If he goes to Denver the dispensaries will have some Kap Kush fr fr.
Share 49ersWebzone