There are 427 users in the forums

Paul Allen RIP

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just want to acknowledge the profound impact on the city of Seattle and the world from the life of Paul Allen. Huge loss to the city. I hope his last moments were without suffering.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermind:
Just want to acknowledge the profound impact on the city of Seattle and the world from the life of Paul Allen. Huge loss to the city. I hope his last moments were without suffering.

That was fast...didn't he just announce his cancer had come back a couple of weeks ago?

RIP
If you have nothing nice to say....
Seemed sudden. Cancer? Sorry to hear it. They put together a historic d for a season or two. Thats a good legacy.
  • dj43
The man was a genius. Lot of people think of Gates when they hear Microsoft but Microsoft would not be where it is without Allen. He had the vision. He also understood the game much better than most owners. He was also reported to be one of the more reasonable voices among ownership meetings. RIP Gone too soon.
RIP Paul Allen
R.I.P.
Originally posted by dj43:
The man was a genius. Lot of people think of Gates when they hear Microsoft but Microsoft would not be where it is without Allen. He had the vision. He also understood the game much better than most owners. He was also reported to be one of the more reasonable voices among ownership meetings. RIP Gone too soon.

He was also the vision behind their stadium design. And he was extremely philanthropic, my buddy's brother was a senior manager with the Paul Allen Family Foundation and basically was in charge of donating s**tloads of Paul Allen's money to various charities and causes. He said Allen was very involved, that he wasn't just some mega-rich guy trying to look good PR-wise.
We all can't stand the Seahawks but Allen deserves praise for keeping them in Seattle so good on him doing that. RIP
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
GREAT OWNER...

I WAS HAPPY THAT HE GOT ONE SUPER BOWL UNDER HIS BELT.

R.I.P !!!

Share 49ersWebzone