LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

The PASSING game weapons on Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I live in Tampa and that's all I heard about all offseason on the radio...they have a ton of talent. They also have Cameron Brate and Godwin.

We need a true #1 WR to go with Goodwin/Pettis. Garcon probably has a short shelf life at this point so I don't see him in the LT plans. The rest of the guys we have are all replaceable scrubs. At TE we got Kittle but we could use a second big athletic TE as well.

I agree with you there. Have you been to any of the games in person? How do those guys look in person? I would bet really good. Godwin is a pretty good player indeed for a further down the roster option. He could probably start on some teams. It looks like Cameron Brate has put up some pretty good numbers the last 2 seasons. I didn't even think of him at first.

For Cameron Brate

2016..... 57 catches .....660 yards..... 8 TD's.

2017.....48 catches ..... 591 yards ..... 6 TD's.
If we got Josh Gordon...

Then

Goodwin - Desean Jackson
Josh Gordon -Evans
Kittle - Howard

I don't think we're far off, we're just too picky with trying to have Great players who also have Class.

A team full of unicorns.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I live in Tampa and that's all I heard about all offseason on the radio...they have a ton of talent. They also have Cameron Brate and Godwin.

We need a true #1 WR to go with Goodwin/Pettis. Garcon probably has a short shelf life at this point so I don't see him in the LT plans. The rest of the guys we have are all replaceable scrubs. At TE we got Kittle but we could use a second big athletic TE as well.

I agree with you there. Have you been to any of the games in person? How do those guys look in person? I would bet really good. Godwin is a pretty good player indeed for a further down the roster option. He could probably start on some teams. It looks like Cameron Brate has put up some pretty good numbers the last 2 seasons. I didn't even think of him at first.

For Cameron Brate

No not yet...I'm going to the 11/25 game when the 49ers visit but it has definitely lost it's luster without Jimmy G. They also drafted Ronald Jones in the 2nd round but he hasn't been able to pick up the protection schemes. I'm just hoping one day we have a high flying offense again.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If we got Josh Gordon...

Then

Goodwin - Desean Jackson
Josh Gordon -Evans
Kittle - Howard

I don't think we're far off, we're just too picky with trying to have Great players who also have Class.

A team full of unicorns.

Except I don't think Kittle is Howard. He is a real good player and a good athlete in his own right. But he doesn't have the height, build, stature, strength and frame of Howard. Don't get me wrong he is a good athlete in his own right. But I don't think he is on par with Howard as a prospect.

For Cameron Brate

No not yet...I'm going to the 11/25 game when the 49ers visit but it has definitely lost it's luster without Jimmy G. They also drafted Ronald Jones in the 2nd round but he hasn't been able to pick up the protection schemes. I'm just hoping one day we have a high flying offense again.

It will still be fun to go to the game anyway. At least you can see how Tampa does this year. They look pretty good as I said. Especially on offense and for sure the weapons they have to throw to. That is always fun to watch. Ronald Jones is a good pickup for them in the 2nd round. Maybe he can help them some.
Originally posted by crabman82:
You forgot to add Chris Godwin

Yes he is actually a pretty good player. 6'1" 208 lbs. 4.42 speed at the combine. He had over 1,000 yards at Penn State. 11 TD's was his high at Penn State. I remember him at Penn State. He was a real good player. He is more of a 2nd or 3rd option for this team or even 4th. But he is a real good addition to the other guys. There is no doubt about that. He had 525 yards in 2017. When you consider his backup and supporting role that's actually real good IMO.

Godwin is sneaky good. A td in all 3 games this season i believe
You forgot to add Chris Godwin

Yes he is actually a pretty good player. 6'1" 208 lbs. 4.42 speed at the combine. He had over 1,000 yards at Penn State. 11 TD's was his high at Penn State. I remember him at Penn State. He was a real good player. He is more of a 2nd or 3rd option for this team or even 4th. But he is a real good addition to the other guys. There is no doubt about that. He had 525 yards in 2017. When you consider his backup and supporting role that's actually real good IMO.

Godwin is sneaky good. A td in all 3 games this season i believe

He is good and you forget about him with all the other weapons they have. I remember him at Penn State. He was a tremendous star there. If they did not have so much talent he could possibly start for some teams. He is a pretty good WR.
I remember when people thought Evans would be a bust and he was only good in college because Manziel.

I wanted him more than Watkins and Beckham in that draft.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I remember when people thought Evans would be a bust and he was only good in college because Manziel.

I wanted him more than Watkins and Beckham in that draft.

He's a big beast who will go up for the ball in traffic and usually come down with it. Plus he is fast enough. He has excellent hands and runs good routes. He has been highly productive. What more could you ask for?
  • Stud
They still have a great offense. They have the leagues worst defense. Bucs fans are jealous of our defense.

Originally posted by Stud:
They still have a great offense. They have the leagues worst defense. Bucs fans are jealous of our defense.

Jealous of our defense?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.
Ronald Jones was also supposed to be the final piece of that offense but he's been a huge disappointment.
  • Stud
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Lol. The Bucs are giving up 34.5 points a game. I would think so concerning we're giving up 5 points a game less than them.

I'm starting to think some of my fellow 49ers fans are believing the myth that we're the worst defense in the league. We're not.

Lol. The Bucs are giving up 34.5 points a game. I would think so concerning we're giving up 5 points a game less than them.

I'm starting to think some of my fellow 49ers fans are believing the myth that we're the worst defense in the league. We're not.

After this weekend, we might be even in PPG. Ha.
Originally posted by NCommand:

After this weekend, we might be even in PPG. Ha.

We survived the Chiefs. We will survive the Rams lol.
Share 49ersWebzone