There are 415 users in the forums

The EDGE Dyaeshon Hall thread

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I hate to be a debbie downer, but the the Panthers fans feel the same way about Hall as we did about Joe Williams. Hall got hurt last year but came into this season healthy. Fans expected him to step up and apparently he did not show up at all in practice and in preseason games. He lost a roster spot to an undrafted free agent.

With all that being said, what would you say to the fans of the team that signed Williams to their practice squad?

Good luck with that is what I would say. That should be your expectation with Hall. Maybe a miracle happens. Maybe he improves his motor and upper body strength, two things the Panthers were really looking for him to address.

Hey that's fair, one man's trash is another man's gold lol. Change of scenery is good. He wasn't their current GMs pick (Gentleman drafted him). If it doesn't work out SF didn't waste a 3rd rd pick on him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I hate to be a debbie downer, but the the Panthers fans feel the same way about Hall as we did about Joe Williams. Hall got hurt last year but came into this season healthy. Fans expected him to step up and apparently he did not show up at all in practice and in preseason games. He lost a roster spot to an undrafted free agent.

With all that being said, what would you say to the fans of the team that signed Williams to their practice squad?

Good luck with that is what I would say. That should be your expectation with Hall. Maybe a miracle happens. Maybe he improves his motor and upper body strength, two things the Panthers were really looking for him to address.

This is exactly why I said two year project, except I'm even lower now on Williams than I ever would've been on Hall. RB is pretty much plug and play and I have virtually no faith in any player that player RB in college and goes to the practice squad. With Hall, we shall see. Two seasons and hopefully we have something. Of course, this takes place provided that he actually is showing some type of growth, effort, etc in that time frame.

Boy, he sounds like another Attaochu clone, lots of injuries, and not much production. HOpe the change of scenery does him some good, but odds are that he'll be gone (and probably so will Pita) next year when (or if) the 49ers actually focus on the edge rusher position in the draft next year.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Boy, he sounds like another Attaochu clone, lots of injuries, and not much production. HOpe the change of scenery does him some good, but odds are that he'll be gone (and probably so will Pita) next year when (or if) the 49ers actually focus on the edge rusher position in the draft next year.

the pick needs to be #99 from Florida State. He is, the one. I know because I watched about 10 minutes of last weekend's game.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
we did it!!!

thank you for making a move Saleh

Saleh?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Giedi:

the pick needs to be #99 from Florida State. He is, the one. I know because I watched about 10 minutes of last weekend's game.

Trade two number 1 picks to get to the top pick in the first round for the guy?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LarryLestersBuns:
we did it!!!

thank you for making a move Saleh

Saleh?

saleh did s**t
SuperbBowl!

yes, I am reading that he has an inconsistent motor.

I feel a lot better about that than I do for Joe Williams though. He just seemed to have mental issues holding him back. You can't teach heart.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

yes, I am reading that he has an inconsistent motor.

I feel a lot better about that than I do for Joe Williams though. He just seemed to have mental issues holding him back. You can't teach heart.

Inconsistent motor and ER don't mix - I hope it's not true.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This dude might be inconsistent, but that should mean he is sometimes pretty good..... Marsh is consistent at being mediocre

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
This dude might be inconsistent, but that should mean he is sometimes pretty good..... Marsh is consistent at being mediocre

Yeah, Marsh is poo poo - I think I'd rather take my chances with Hall.

Haha yeah. He said he would get to the quarterback. Did he even come within 5 feet of cousins yes Steffany? Shaking his hand at the end doesn't count
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, Marsh is poo poo - I think I'd rather take my chances with Hall.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Haha yeah. He said he would get to the quarterback. Did he even come within 5 feet of cousins yes Steffany? Shaking his hand at the end doesn't count

Truth guys

I kinda have to blame it on Shanny...did he not butter him up with words (to the media) before the game?

I'm sure if Shanny had done that, Marsh would've cried himself to at least 1/2 a sack and one other pressure.....
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 10, 2018 at 4:28 PM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I could see this guy being promoted to the 53 at some point this season as we pick up injuries or even cut someone (cough* Malcolm Smith *cough).
Originally posted by father49er:
SuperbBowl!

Share 49erswebzone