There are 177 users in the forums

The EDGE Dyaeshon Hall thread

Tickets Find deals on 49ers games ⇨
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
THIS - while it's on Lynch to just add ER talent it's been made abundantly clear through the sitdown Lynch did with the media that the power structure is setup where the OC/DC and position coaches prioritize their needs and describe what they want in that position. From there the scouts help identify fits from FA and draft.

You can tell just from his press conferences that Saleh trivializes the importance of the ER role and values run defense much more than other DC's in the NFL. He loves to have multiple big ends and believes pressure shouldn't come from one player but a group of them collapsing the pocket. From who they've decided to draft and who they've extended it's clearly run defense as priority number 1. I just can't believe how little priority they put in pass rush. We had a bottom 3 pass rush in the NFL last year and our pass rushers are literally unchanged. Not even a flyer on any productive ER on day 3 of the draft with guys like Armstrong, Obo, and Sweat available

It's certainly starting to feel like a philosophy vs. a FO oversight.

Agree, seems like Saleh wants to resurrect a regular 4-3 defense. I hope this kid can possibly make the 53.
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
His build reminds me of Aldon smith it's kinda crazy, he's even got longer arms than him (almost 36 inches) not saying he will even be close to that good, but he's got a really good foundation.

Has Aldon's length without Aldon's elite hands or plan.

Hopefully also without Aldon's elite liver.

Or CTE-impacted frontal lobe
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
excited we signed a practice squad player. wow despite kyle and jimmy g string. our expectations are really low
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
but at least lynch followed my advice and did something. and unlike what some thought he did not wait around till after sunday cuz he knows he had to address it . i never bought for a minute they would wait till after sunday. if you have a chance to improve you do it and then cut the f**k who ever is not making it. screw it.
Well it does show -- via their action
-- in signing this kid, that they are somewhat concerned with the LEO position. That's a positive indicator of where they are and where they might go in the 2019 draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Well it does show -- via their action
-- in signing this kid, that they are somewhat concerned with the LEO position. That's a positive indicator of where they are and where they might go in the 2019 draft.

agree. i was a smart ass with the manny lawson thing, sorry. but hope this kid can elevate himself out of the practice squad and get some real time. he has a great opportunity
THIS - while it's on Lynch to just add ER talent it's been made abundantly clear through the sitdown Lynch did with the media that the power structure is setup where the OC/DC and position coaches prioritize their needs and describe what they want in that position. From there the scouts help identify fits from FA and draft.

You can tell just from his press conferences that Saleh trivializes the importance of the ER role and values run defense much more than other DC's in the NFL. He loves to have multiple big ends and believes pressure shouldn't come from one player but a group of them collapsing the pocket. From who they've decided to draft and who they've extended it's clearly run defense as priority number 1. I just can't believe how little priority they put in pass rush. We had a bottom 3 pass rush in the NFL last year and our pass rushers are literally unchanged. Not even a flyer on any productive ER on day 3 of the draft with guys like Armstrong, Obo, and Sweat available

Lynch needs to ignore him and draft some hounds next year
  • bud49
  • Veteran

Had to have a little fun. In seriousness though kid sounds like he has some ability.
[ Edited by bud49 on Sep 6, 2018 at 7:22 PM ]
Hell yeah

When I would watch YouTube clips of Myles Garret the year they were coming out....Hall kept showing up that I was like who da hell is this guy??!!

Pumped
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Cawks depth sucks...cheat carroll will be keeping a very close eye on him #BookIt
Originally posted by LVJay:
Cawks depth sucks...cheat carroll will be keeping a very close eye on him #BookIt

He'll be elevated to the 53 in no time. Not like he has much Competition

I hate to be a debbie downer, but the the Panthers fans feel the same way about Hall as we did about Joe Williams. Hall got hurt last year but came into this season healthy. Fans expected him to step up and apparently he did not show up at all in practice and in preseason games. He lost a roster spot to an undrafted free agent.

With all that being said, what would you say to the fans of the team that signed Williams to their practice squad?

Good luck with that is what I would say. That should be your expectation with Hall. Maybe a miracle happens. Maybe he improves his motor and upper body strength, two things the Panthers were really looking for him to address.

The bolded is an excellent breakdown on what might be happening. I understand why they didn't go for an ER in the first. But to not even attempt to draft one at any point during the draft while also releasing Elvis Dumervill, smh. The funny thing is, with all of the big ends we have and the pressure they generate, the right speedy/bendy ER could set the entire thing off. We had so many near misses from Buckner, Thomas, and Armstead to a lesser extent, that if even an average pass rusher were added, everyone's sack numbers would go up.

As for this new signing, the measureables are there, but I am looking at this as a two year project. Given what he brings to the table, I think it's worth it. If Hall puts in the time and work to learn the position, we could have a contributor in 2019/2020. This will also give us a good idea on the defensive coaching staff's ability to develop a player. The athletic ability is there.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
I hate to be a debbie downer, but the the Panthers fans feel the same way about Hall as we did about Joe Williams. Hall got hurt last year but came into this season healthy. Fans expected him to step up and apparently he did not show up at all in practice and in preseason games. He lost a roster spot to an undrafted free agent.

With all that being said, what would you say to the fans of the team that signed Williams to their practice squad?

Good luck with that is what I would say. That should be your expectation with Hall. Maybe a miracle happens. Maybe he improves his motor and upper body strength, two things the Panthers were really looking for him to address.

This is exactly why I said two year project, except I'm even lower now on Williams than I ever would've been on Hall. RB is pretty much plug and play and I have virtually no faith in any player that player RB in college and goes to the practice squad. With Hall, we shall see. Two seasons and hopefully we have something. Of course, this takes place provided that he actually is showing some type of growth, effort, etc in that time frame.
Oh wow we have the same birthday.

Championship.
This guy will be the Niners' version of Derek Rodriquez! I hope.
Share 49erswebzone