There are 172 users in the forums

Which player's team needs to sign him the most?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which player's team needs to sign him the most?

Hey, my first time creating a thread. I thought this might be a fun thing to talk about. These three players all want long-term, big money contracts.

Beckham is the only one of the three who is practicing with his team. Why should the Giants sign Beckham? They're clearly in win-now mode. The fact that they didn't draft a quarterback at #2 makes that pretty clear. Beckham is a huge part of their offense, and winning now means getting him involved in the offense right now. Why shouldn't they sign him? He wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league, and he has significant character issues.

Why should the Rams sign Donald? Well, some people think he's the best defensive player in the league. Why shouldn't they sign him? The Rams have a number of young, talented players, and the NFL has a hard cap. How much can they allocate to an interior defensive lineman?

Why should the Raiders sign Mack? One might argue that he has the biggest impact on his team, as the Raiders aren't really loaded with defensive talent. Mack is a disruptive player, plus the Raiders are moving soon, and keeping some continuity is important. Why wouldn't they? The Raiders are among the poorest teams in the NFL, and they don't have much cap space. If they could franchise Mack this year, they'd have a lot more space to sign him to a long-term contract next year.

What do you think? Which player should be signed first?
[ Edited by Garoppolis on Aug 8, 2018 at 2:13 PM ]
OBJ gonna be the first signed but the least valuable player to choose from. Plus he plays one of the least important positions in all of sports.
I hope none get signed .

I'd take any of the 3 for Lynch to sign
OBJ. He's one of the most popular players in the NFL, and the face of the Giants. Eli might even be done after this year, and if they lose OBJ and Eli, who do they have left to sell tickets or get put on national tv? OBJ might be the least important player out of those 3 when it comes to team impact, but ratings, ticket sales, etc.,, neither of them can match OBJ there.
Ima say Odell. Some of the best defensive players in the league have had little impact on their teams records in regard to their presence or lack thereof.
Odell won this competition, the Rams sound optimistic about signing Donald, and, after weeks of trade talks, there are now reports that Khalil Mack is in Oakland, trying to work out a deal. Maybe he just wanted to skip training camp.
Share 49ersWebzone