LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

Khalil Mack thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

Khalil Mack thread

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Most of this is worthless since reports are Chicago was the only team willing to give them 2 1sts. Even Lynch has said they had a price tag so talking about whether they'd take this or that offer from us is pointless. Our offer was short. It would have been short if Oak projected us to win 3 games.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh wow. I probably had them at 7-8 wins prior to the Mack trade. Playoff cusp now...9 or 10 wins. It'll come down to Trubisky and how well he develops over the course of the year.

Teams giving up 541 yards of offense to a Brock Osweiler led team aren't on the playoff cusp.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Oh wow. I probably had them at 7-8 wins prior to the Mack trade. Playoff cusp now...9 or 10 wins. It'll come down to Trubisky and how well he develops over the course of the year.

Teams giving up 541 yards of offense to a Brock Osweiler led team aren't on the playoff cusp.

Very odd game. I saw that myself. Black eye for Fangio that game.

Still 4th in PPG though.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 16, 2018 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Very odd game. I saw that myself. Black eye for Fangio that game.

It happens. Remember the Vikings game when Ponder whooped on us?
Fugg
Ankle injury
Originally posted by napo:
Trubisky did throw for six TDs in his last game. Might be a little too early to write off a young QB.

Wasn't that pretty much the worst defense in the league besides Kansas City? Some of those touchdowns were wide open and I could've thrown those or even the shovel pass. I think it's a little early to not write him off in my opinion. He's not accurate, he can't go through progressions, it's a little hard to fix accuracy as we all know, it's usually an issue that stays with a quarterback forever. Either way my point being I'm glad the Bears got him because their offense will always be held back by That quarterback. Just happy the Rams did not get him
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
It would have to be much better than the bears, not just an extra third or something. We were projected by everyone to be better than them. So everyone assumed our first round picks wouldn't have been as good as the bears. Possibly picking in the 20s as a wild card compared to the bears in bottom 10.

This is full of truth I agree
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by napo:
Trubisky did throw for six TDs in his last game. Might be a little too early to write off a young QB.

Wasn't that pretty much the worst defense in the league besides Kansas City? Some of those touchdowns were wide open and I could've thrown those or even the shovel pass. I think it's a little early to not write him off in my opinion. He's not accurate, he can't go through progressions, it's a little hard to fix accuracy as we all know, it's usually an issue that stays with a quarterback forever. Either way my point being I'm glad the Bears got him because their offense will always be held back by That quarterback. Just happy the Rams did not get him

That is some odd logic right here. But all good.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
It would have to be much better than the bears, not just an extra third or something. We were projected by everyone to be better than them. So everyone assumed our first round picks wouldn't have been as good as the bears. Possibly picking in the 20s as a wild card compared to the bears in bottom 10.

This is full of truth I agree

It's about where the teams would project WITH Mack, not before. You give a healthy Mack to an already top 5 defense plus look at all they did on offense to get better, that pre-Mack trade perspective goes right out the window. But yeah, Gruden doesn't strike me as the most logical person so...

Trubisky is not good. That is all.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Nah, price tag too high. Much prefer keeping the draft picks. Drafting a guy this year and signing a veteran FA. We're not a player away. Not trading for Mack was the smart move.

You sound like Gruden. He's now dead last in pass rush. That's helpful.

Originally posted by WINiner:
...doesn't mean he wants to be even more of the laughing stock of the NFL community.

Ummm, he's been a laughing stock since even entertaining trading him. To 'who' is totally inconsequential. I bet he's kicking himself now...could have had the the #1 pick in the draft.

Nah. We wouldn't be number one overall pick bad with Mack. Still a losing team, but not 1-6. I think the Minnesota, Packers (ironically), and Chargers games look different for starters. We could get 2 out of those 3.
Bears' fans are starting to turn on Vic Fangio. In addition to other things, they're not happy how he's using Mack lol. Apparently, Lord Fangio was dropping him into coverage and pulled him off the field on crucial downs.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 21, 2018 at 8:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Bears' fans are starting to turn on Vic Fangio. In addition to other things, they're not happy how he's using Mack lol. Apparently, Lord Fangio was dropping him into coverage and pulled him off the field on crucial downs.

Two weeks in a row he got torched and I only watched superficially and was like . Like today, it just didn't make sense at all.
LMAO.

Share 49ersWebzone