There are 263 users in the forums

🏈 2018 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 🏈

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
Wish we still had Alex. He looks sharp.

He would have been a good veteran presence for a Beathard to learn under.

Dude, just stop ... just stop

Just put him on your ignore list.

Cool.

I love how this fanbase constantly worships Harbaugh but is also pissed at our "franchise" for trading Alex Smith.

News flash. HARBAUGH is the one who chose Kap over Alex. Let's not conveniently change history here.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I love how this fanbase constantly worships Harbaugh but is also pissed at our "franchise" for trading Alex Smith.

News flash. HARBAUGH is the one who chose Kap over Alex. Let's not conveniently change history here.

People are pissed about trading Smith ?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Imagine smith under tomsula's helm. Lmao
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 16, 2018 at 9:21 PM ]

There definitely are some people. Personally I think they're just petty fans who want something to complain about, but every other week I have to hear at least one fan cry that we would have won the Super Bowl if we had started Alex Smith. It's extremely annoying. I want Jimmy G to do so well so badly just so we can shut up about the whole Smith/Kap thing already.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Imagine smith under tomsula's helm. Lmao

It's not that hard. Just think back to what things were like under Nolan and Singletary. Though that was young, damaged Alex Smith 1.0. When the Phoenix of Alex Smith 2.0 started to emerge from the flames of the 2010 season, things changed. Maybe that new and improved Alex Smith would have been able to endure the Tomsula years and the Kelly years.
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ypzbpw
  • KP82

There definitely are some people. Personally I think they're just petty fans who want something to complain about, but every other week I have to hear at least one fan cry that we would have won the Super Bowl if we had started Alex Smith. It's extremely annoying. I want Jimmy G to do so well so badly just so we can shut up about the whole Smith/Kap thing already.

I think those ppl are confined in the Alex Smith thread. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Niner fans were counting their blessings the day he was traded. Thank goodness!
  • jcs
  • Veteran

To be fair Kap has gotten further in the playoffs than Alex ever will...

Originally posted by jcs:

Kap was figured out by other teams and his production tailed off. Alex is still in demand and I root for him. He's shown class at every stop. Kap was a shooting star that flamed out.

Wrong you are doing what you are criticizing about... lol I don't know if you were around here but Alex concussion chose Colin Keapernick. That's how this game works.. You get injured and if someone is playing better, you stick with the hot hand..

What coach or any person, wouldn't go with the hot hand?

You mean the fanbase that were constantly worshipping Trent Baalke??? because if we were, Harbaugh would still be here instead of Trent staying for 6 years and decimating the roster into oblivion...

Let's get it straight and practice what you are preaching.. . Trent Baalke was the one everyone hailed a demi-god around here and worship...

Harbaugh was the outcast who everyone including Joan from accounting thought they could do a better job than him.. Thus came the "Steve Kerr" of football..

That's the true story..

(I'm glad Alex Smith is on another team) Washington will be 3rd place at best in the NFC east. That might be the toughest division with Phily, Dallas and NY.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 17, 2018 at 6:59 AM ]

And to be honest if Alex Smith couldn't win an AFC title with a loaded KC team, it will be even tougher for him in the NFC east with Washington in that division or in this conference to win a NFC Championship game.

Alex Smith isn't getting any younger. So I agree, in that short period of time. Colin Keapernick reached a plateau yet accomplished by Alex Smith.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Aug 17, 2018 at 5:38 AM ]
  • Stud
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

And to be honest if Alex Smith couldn't win an AFC title with a loaded KC team, it will be even tougher for him in the NFC east with Washington in that division or in this conference to win a NFC Championship game.

Alex Smith isn't getting any younger. So I agree, in that short period of time. Colin Keapernick reached a plateau yet accomplished by Alex Smith.

You're right. Throwing for 4 yards in a game is something Smith will never accomplish. Lol. And most likely 99.999% of players won't either.
[ Edited by Stud on Aug 17, 2018 at 4:38 PM ]
Hi Stud.

On topic, what happened to the Chiefs thread? I thought some were going to still keep it going since they grew to like the team.

Anyway young Mahomes threw a Bomb for a TD right before halftime. Hill was triple covered...and they all got burnt.

Edit-
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 17, 2018 at 6:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone