There are 100 users in the forums

🏈 2018 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 🏈

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Elway screwed the pooch on this one.

Yikes
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Elway screwed the pooch on this one.

Yikes



Elway also drafted Brock the Lobster. Turns out that being a great QB doesn't necessarily mean you know how to evaluate them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Elway screwed the pooch on this one.

Yikes



Elway also drafted Brock the Lobster. Turns out that being a great QB doesn't necessarily mean you know how to evaluate them.

I already forgot about him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,126
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Elway screwed the pooch on this one.

Yikes
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790812-broncos-fans-start-crowdfunding-page-so-team-can-cut-paxton-lynch?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"Some fans of the Denver Broncos really don't want Paxton Lynch on the roster anymore.
A fan in Colorado set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to help the team release the quarterback, with a goal set of $600,000.
"Raising money to cover the Denver Broncos cost of cutting Quarterback Paxton Lynch off of the team roster," the page's description reads."

Originally posted by jcs:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790812-broncos-fans-start-crowdfunding-page-so-team-can-cut-paxton-lynch?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"Some fans of the Denver Broncos really don't want Paxton Lynch on the roster anymore.
A fan in Colorado set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to help the team release the quarterback, with a goal set of $600,000.
"Raising money to cover the Denver Broncos cost of cutting Quarterback Paxton Lynch off of the team roster," the page's description reads."




In related news.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Adam-Schefter-says-Paxton-Lynch-has-no-trade-value-120643268/

In an interview with 104.3 The Fan on Friday, ESPN insider Adam Schefter declared that the lambasted quarterback has nonexistent trade value to NFL teams. "I don't think he's got much value around the league. He doesn't have until he shows something in Denver, which he hasn't done," Schefter said.

Keep in mind, Schefter's comments came prior to Lynch's disastrous performance in Saturday's preseason opener, when he completed just 6-of-11 passes for 24 yards and an interception across two quarters of action. And after rumblings surfaced of Denver potentially being interested in signing a veteran QB.

"If they saw enough from Paxton Lynch, why would they even be entertaining the idea? Why would we be discussing it?" Schefter said. "And if they indeed are looking for a backup quarterback, why would Paxton Lynch have any value then?"

Any shred of value Lynch had disintegrated in the Mile High altitude against the Vikings. He remains mentally slow on the field, struggling with basic concepts like getting rid of the ball or going through his reads. Instead of progressing or holding neutral, he's regressing. Moreover, his confidence -- what was left of it -- is totally shot.
Originally posted by Esco:
This helmet rule will decide games.

Part time refs working one day a week calling games will influence the results. Different officials will make different calls on the same play.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,126
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by Esco:
This helmet rule will decide games.

Part time refs working one day a week calling games will influence the results. Different officials will make different calls on the same play.

The nfl does have full time officials
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Elway screwed the pooch on this one.

Yikes
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790812-broncos-fans-start-crowdfunding-page-so-team-can-cut-paxton-lynch?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"Some fans of the Denver Broncos really don't want Paxton Lynch on the roster anymore.
A fan in Colorado set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to help the team release the quarterback, with a goal set of $600,000.
"Raising money to cover the Denver Broncos cost of cutting Quarterback Paxton Lynch off of the team roster," the page's description reads."


Originally posted by jcs:
The nfl does have full time officials

My mistake they began hiring full time officials in 2017. Not bad, it only took them 98 years to start hiring full timers. NFL 's began in 1920.

  • Stud
  • Member
  • Posts: 5,264
Will Brady ever slow down? 41 years old. I'm sick and tired of this "dynasty". 17 seasons of this sh-t is way too long.
Vernon still unnecessarily jumping to catch a pass.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 25,885
Jason Witten is stiff as hell, not natural at all in the booth. But I suppose it's preseason for him and he's still a rookie so he could improve.
Wish we still had Alex. He looks sharp.

He would have been a good veteran presence for a Beathard to learn under.
[ Edited by Jack49ers84 on Aug 16, 2018 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:
Wish we still had Alex. He looks sharp.

He would have been a good veteran presence for a Beathard to learn under.

Dude, just stop ... just stop
Share 49erswebzone