LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

🏈 2018 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 🏈

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no it won't

they will toss flags early and often to deter the act and then they'll be more conservative during the regular season

they are trying to change behavior

49ers will be the guinea pig in the reg season...prob against GB, Rams, Seahawks
Sorry I don't know what the hype is about Lamar Jackson = running quarterback, strong arm=not accurate, what's new?!
Refs are gonna eff this rule up all season and pretty much for the rest of eternity. Explain to me how he lowered his helmet hitting a reciever in the air as he jumped up to hit him. Dogs&>t
This helmet rule is gonna ruin football...s**ts over.

Flag football here we come
Classic telegraphed pass intercepted on the out route by Kaeperni.... er, Jackson.
Jes effing chris. Defenders cant even hit anybody anymore
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingkong916:
Sorry I don't know what the hype is about Lamar Jackson = running quarterback, strong arm=not accurate, what's new?!

You can sure tell a lot from 10 passes.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by kingkong916:

You can sure tell a lot from 10 passes.

Well, yeah, 4/10, 1 TD and 1 INT, 8 runs for 25 yards (3.1 avg) is all i need to see, glad he is not on our team!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no it won't

they will toss flags early and often to deter the act and then they'll be more conservative during the regular season

they are trying to change behavior

Maybe. Those calls were BS, though. The fist guy clearly led with his shoulder and still got called just because his helmet also made contact.

This will be worse than the catch rule if they can't call it consistently.
All these rule changes is going to force so kinda review system to be implemented. Get ready for 6 hour long games.

I thought two of the head down personal fouls were called very accurately. The one the refs maybe messed up on was when the TE got hit in the end zone. DB hit the TE with his facemask...but I guess the claim can be made that he did not need to make first contact with his facemask (helmet). He could have aimed with the shoulder first.

One thing coaches will definitely need to reteach is "hat on the ball" tackle to force fumbles. Possibly stress shoulder on the ball.

I don't see anything wrong with the lower the helmet rule. Without helmets, nobody tackles with their forehead, they tackle with their shoulder and do whatever it takes to move their head out of the way to the side to avoid a broken nose or orbital.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Why don't they change the helmets? Make them out of that Steve Wallace helmet cover material. That way heads can stay protected but not be used as a weapon.

Originally posted by Andra:
Why don't they change the helmets? Make them out of that Steve Wallace helmet cover material. That way heads can stay protected but not be used as a weapon.

because then all the helmets in circulation would be basically worthless, and many of the NFL sponsors with lose a lot of money if they have to "start" over. better to just make the game worse than cost people money.
Well Barkley is already in midseason form just ripped off a 39 yard run on the Giants first play from scrimmage.
Share 49ersWebzone