There are 130 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh vs Pete "the cheat" Carroll (beef)

Jim Harbaugh vs Pete "the cheat" Carroll (beef)

• Tman
  • Veteran
As much as I can't stand him Carrol has got to be the winner, SB ring and a national championship

/thread
Originally posted by Tman:
As much as I can't stand him Carrol has got to be the winner, SB ring and a national championship

/thread

Yea I agree but it was fun, those were battles... I wish Jed would have blessed Harbaugh with a GM like Schneider or better, Jed's ego got in his way of winning... At least he picked healthy players and helped Pete "the cheat" Carroll.

Thus I still think Trent Baalke was a Seattle spy..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 23, 2018 at 4:38 PM ]
f**k Carroll
SEA - Defense vs 49ers - Defense = equal
Running game for both teams, Gore vs Lynch = equal
OL = we had them beat for one year with Joe, Iupati, Davis, and Boone, but close overall
WR/TEs = i feel like we had the edge here. SEA always had more weapons to use, but we had a solid 2-3 WRs/TEs group
QBs - Wilson wasn't playing at all pro level, neither was Smith, but Kap did have a year and a half of great football.

so overall we were probably a little bit better than SEA, as a whole team. so the issue was JH. Baalke could've brought in better talent, but overall 2 out of those 3 years, we were better than SEA.
Tantrums stacked the refs against the 9ers.
Ahmad Brooks sacked Brees, That game should have been home...

We got f**ked for home field advantage and first round bye.

Context. He sacked him

The fix was in this game. The refs definitely got paid..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 23, 2018 at 6:42 PM ]
  • Stud
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
OL = we had them beat for one year with Joe, Iupati, Davis, and Boone, but close overall
WR/TEs = i feel like we had the edge here. SEA always had more weapons to use, but we had a solid 2-3 WRs/TEs group
QBs - Wilson wasn't playing at all pro level, neither was Smith, but Kap did have a year and a half of great football.

so overall we were probably a little bit better than SEA, as a whole team. so the issue was JH. Baalke could've brought in better talent, but overall 2 out of those 3 years, we were better than SEA.

Lol! Uhmm, Wilson even back then was better than Kap. Wilson at least played decent against our D, even if they weren't his best performances.
Kap absolutely sucked balls against that Seattle D. During a 3 game stretch in 2014 and 2015, we scored a combined 13 points against them under Kap. That's why Seattle owned us. We were even almost everywhere against them except the QB position. Midget Wilson was superior in every way. That's why they owned us.
[ Edited by Stud on Jul 23, 2018 at 6:47 PM ]

I believe Keapernick was running for his life in that game?

Our defense didn't take care of business.. How many times they had Russel Wilson sacked and he slipped away?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 23, 2018 at 7:01 PM ]
Petevis still a fig for destroying USC when he left like a fookin' weasel.

Idk how a UOP /Marin guy could've turned into a beaiitch.

Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lol! Uhmm, Wilson even back then was better than Kap. Wilson at least played decent against our D, even if they weren't his best performances.
Kap absolutely sucked balls against that Seattle D. During a 3 game stretch in 2014 and 2015, we scored a combined 13 points against them under Kap. That's why Seattle owned us. We were even almost everywhere against them except the QB position. Midget Wilson was superior in every way. That's why they owned us.

Careful with your words.

Wilson never owned the 49ers. Even in down years like 2014, 2015, even last year we got the INTs on him (and certainly did get to him during 2012 and 2013. Beating up on a bad team doesn't take a great QB to do.

The only ownage going on in this rivalry was the LOB over Kap. Didn't help that Gore couldn't dominate on the ground in Seattle, but it appeared that Gore doing really well was the only way Kap would do well against the Seahawks.

When your QB fails to put any points on the board, the similarly talented rival QB will do more than you. The 29-3 loss in week 2 in 2013 was 5-3 during that storm break....Wilson wasn't doing anything in that game up until our defense broke or the NFCC game in SEA later that year. Wilson only started to do well against the 49ers in 2014 Thanksgiving, when the 49ers no longer had that luster.

If you think about it, Seattle was freaking fortunate:

They had a top 2 defense in the NFL, with a cheap QB, lots of talent......and the only team on their level - the 49ers - they completely dominated their QB. No wonder they made it to 2 back to back SBs....no one else in the NFC could stop them until AZ and CAR matured.

Imagine in the old days, if we had completely dominated Aikman or Favre? Would have won 7 more SBs....
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 24, 2018 at 3:18 AM ]
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000315455/GameDay-49ers-vs-Seahawks-highlights

What hurt us

1) Refs f**ked us on the Ahmad Brooks call to win homefield advantage and first round bye. Game was over after that sack fumble.

2) Iupati left the (nfc title game) very early with an injury. We needed pass protection help. Our oline depth hurt us with Iupati leaving so early.

3) (nfc titlegame)Bowman injury and he clearly had the ball yet the refs gave possession to seaturds. It was so blatantly clear Bowman had the f**king ball

4) In an audio NC had with Dante Hitner, he said he spoke with refs and they expressed regret how it played out...

I bet, yea we were the better team (healthy) but cannot beat the refs. Those weren't ify calls.

They were on hd for the world to see.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 24, 2018 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Stud:
Wilson at least played decent against our D, even if they weren't his best performances.

When? He has never played well against us and I wouldn't even call his performances "decent." He did better than Kaepernick did against Seattle's defense, but still sucked. Real QBs carved us up at times, even when we had a top defense. Wilson wasn't one of them. They both sucked against each other. However, Kaepernick did put the team on his back only to come up short in that NFC Championship game. Outside of that last throw, Kaepernick had the best game either of them had against each other considering NOBODY helped him do anything that day.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Context. He sacked him

Probably right....but I would say the Superbowl fix was clearly in. That was a definite head scratcher.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Context. He sacked him

Probably right....but I would say the Superbowl fix was clearly in. That was a definite head scratcher.

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 25, 2018 at 5:01 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone