LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Greg Papa - 49ers' play-by-play caller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Big upgrade imo
He's beloved by raider fans. All my buddies who are raider fans are sad and have said "make sure you guys treat him right!"
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
He's beloved by raider fans. All my buddies who are raider fans are sad and have said "make sure you guys treat him right!"

Papa is great!

P.S. I believe he started with us way back in the day
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

Papa is great!

P.S. I believe he started with us way back in the day

Nope.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Glad Bob Fitzgerald didnt try and steal the job from under Papa
Originally posted by Garce:
Big upgrade imo

+1
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
He'll never be Joe Starkey but I'd be ok with it

I miss starkey :(
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
He'll never be Joe Starkey but I'd be ok with it

I miss starkey :(

YES
Originally posted by NCommand:
So happy for Ian Williams...dude had his career destroyed by J.R. Sleezy and rehabbed for years and will always have issues with that leg but remained a huge 49er fan.

You and me both NC... Seattle was, and is a dirty team, and that cheap shot by Sleezy was a classic example. What pisses me off more is that Seattle gets away with that crap more often than not at home. The officials should drop the hammer on Carroll and that group of dirty players.

Case in point.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BU7tt3yR24

Have you seen this NC? It is still painful for me. The NIners got robbed in that game.

Cheers mate!
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So happy for Ian Williams...dude had his career destroyed by J.R. Sleezy and rehabbed for years and will always have issues with that leg but remained a huge 49er fan.

You and me both NC... Seattle was, and is a dirty team, and that cheap shot by Sleezy was a classic example. What pisses me off more is that Seattle gets away with that crap more often than not at home. The officials should drop the hammer on Carroll and that group of dirty players.

Case in point.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BU7tt3yR24

Have you seen this NC? It is still painful for me. The NIners got robbed in that game.

Cheers mate!

I'd rather watch 2 girls one cup than that video again.

Can't wait for the first touchdown 49ers call or Sack by Nick Bosa call
Originally posted by mayo49:
Stay with Ted - he's a Niner. Papa is a Raider and I hate his play calling.

Agree. Anytime i listened to the RAIDS there was this unpleasant voice (to my ear of Papa), whereas Ted Robinson has a pleasant sounding voice and is extremely 9er savvy.

This is doubly true when the 9ers have been on TV and drawn the 6th string announcers that don't know the 9ers, are obvious new to the game and make listening on TV impossible. Answer:: Turn off the sound and listen to Ted.

Or worse, in our area we got nobody carrying the game and it is radio or nothing. I hope this yr that changes, but still, the 49ers have been such terrible busts to the local stations carrying games, that they lose a ton on advertising, when no body...or very few want to pay for ads on 9er tv.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 5, 2019 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Stay with Ted - he's a Niner. Papa is a Raider and I hate his play calling.

Agree. Anytime i listened to the RAIDS there was this unpleasant voice (to my ear of Papa), whereas Ted Robinson has a pleasant sounding voice and is extremely 9er savvy.

This is doubly true when the 9ers have been on TV and drawn the 6th string announcers that don't know the 9ers, are obvious new to the game and make listening on TV impossible. Answer:: Turn off the sound and listen to Ted.

Or worse, in our area we got nobody carrying the game and it is radio or nothing. I hope this yr that changes, but still, the 49ers have been such terrible busts to the local stations carrying games, that they lose a ton on advertising, when no body...or very few want to pay for ads on 9er tv.

Papa knows 100x more than Robinson about football and the 49ers. I'm not sure how well he will be calling games for us but his insight is no question better than Robinson ever was.

If fans can accept Sherman on this team, surely Greg Papa will be a piece of cake.
You're late, doc lol.

Papa brings the juice. I can't wait.
So many Niner fans with a secret love of the RRRRRRRRAIDERS!!
Share 49ersWebzone