LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Greg Papa - 49ers' play-by-play caller

Shop Find 49ers gear online
not a papa fan, but i wouldn't mind. plus i don't listen to the radio for 9ers games that much
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not a papa fan, but i wouldn't mind. plus i don't listen to the radio for 9ers games that much

They both are no comparison to Sharky.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

They both are no comparison to Sharky.
nothing we can do about that
ANYONE BUT FITZ!!!
I don't know, Papa is the better statesman, but is kind of a clone of Bill King. Ted has had his moments, but is pretty bland. As far as Starkey goes, I never liked his "what a bananza" catch phrase, but I still get goose bumps when I hear his voice. That said, I believe Ted Robinson's contract expires after the 2018 season, so something's going to change. if it were my decision, I would probably go with Papa, so long as they kept Tim Ryan or got Brent Jones for color analysis.
Greg Papa and Brent Jones. I love that idea!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather they kept Robinson and got Papa for the studio show. I hate that guy they got now.
I'd rather they kept Robinson and got Papa for the studio show. I hate that guy they got now.

That's actually a pretty good idea
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DickNasty:

That's actually a pretty good idea

Thanks, so are they going with Robinson for '18 then decide on Papa when Robinson's contract is up?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jul 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM ]
First, we go from Baalke to Lynch, Tomsula/Kelly to Shanny, Kap/Gabbert to Jimmy G, and now, we can possibly upgrade Ted Robinson to Greg Papa? Football gods are favoring us.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 17, 2018 at 1:36 PM ]

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Hell yeah!
Hearing Papa scream out, "TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNN NINERS!!" on the radio will get some getting use to.
[ Edited by 9er4lyphe on Jul 17, 2018 at 1:46 PM ]
Papa > Robinson.
Even though Papa comes off as a jerk and oakland sports homer, I'd still like him over Robinson.
  • thl408
I like hearing Papa talk football on the radio. One of the more knowledgeable guys on local radio. Never heard his play by play because I don't listen to the Raiders. Robinson is good, nothing special.
Share 49ersWebzone