There are 243 users in the forums

Best DL/LB/DB Trios in the NFL

NFL.com was running a poll on the team with the best DL/LB/DB trio and not surprisingly the 49ers weren't on the list - Jags/Ravens/Cardinals/Vikings were the poll options - but it got me thinking we should absolutely be on that list by next year as a top 3 trio assuming our core stays healthy.

Buckner - Top 3 Interior DL
Foster - Top 5 LB (when healthy)
Sherman - Proven Top 5 CB (when healthy)

Then when you think of a core you build around for the future (assuming Whitherspoon continues to grow) - I'm not sure there's any trio I'd prefer over the below besides maybe the Jags or Rams.

Buckner
Foster
Whitherspoon or Tartt
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Jun 28, 2018 at 9:35 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
NFL.com was running a poll on the team with the best DL/LB/DB trio and not surprisingly the 49ers weren't on the list - Jags/Ravens/Cardinals/Vikings were the poll options - but it got me thinking we should absolutely be on that list by next year as a top 3 trio assuming our core stays healthy.

Buckner - Top 3 Interior DL
Foster - Top 5 LB (when healthy)
Sherman - Proven Top 5 CB (when healthy)

Then when you think of a core you build around for the future (assuming Whitherspoon continues to grow) - I'm not sure there's any trio I'd prefer over the below besides maybe the Jags or Rams.

Buckner
Foster
Whitherspoon or Tartt
ok. lets not start that again. last year at this time.. there were posts saying we had the best front 7 in football. we have not proved anything. our main guys like foster and sherman have question marks with injuries and other things with foster
Best ever was Sapp, Brooks, Lynch ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I'll take Suggs, Lewis and Reed all day
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
reggie mcrew saleem rasheed and rumph deserve consideration in my opinion
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I'll take Suggs, Lewis and Reed all day

Yeah I might have to agree..
Grady Jarrett/Deion Jones/Keanu Neal is my favorite trio.
lulz. not even close to being included on that list.

#HOF
Share 49erswebzone