There are 253 users in the forums

Washington State QB who committed suicide had CTE, brain state comparable to 65 year old.

Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
96% of all NFL brains donated have had CTE

I agree that football is a cause. But playing devils advocate, I'm sure those brains were donated with the expectation that something was wrong. I want to see all brains, ones where the guy just died naturally

Most were donated on the belief by the player that they had clinical symptoms.

The study only indication to be in study was history of head trauma during football.

Another note was that almost 90% of those who had just mild or stage 1 CTE , exhibited clinical symptoms .

I don't know if you mean died naturally with out symptoms
It's that studying at college I tell you.
I never went to college and my wife says that I have the brain of a 3 year old.
If this thread somehow came from the 1960s and replaced "football" with "smoking" and "CTE" with "lung cancer," it wouldn't look out of place. The denials people are propounding like "the coroner only sees elderly brains!" and "what about drug use and mental illness!?" sound completely ridiculous.

Football and CTE are real. That's hard to swallow, but science is science. The game has to change, or we all need to find our own personal way to make peace with what's going on.
Originally posted by kelson49er:
If this thread somehow came from the 1960s and replaced "football" with "smoking" and "CTE" with "lung cancer," it wouldn't look out of place. The denials people are propounding like "the coroner only sees elderly brains!" and "what about drug use and mental illness!?" sound completely ridiculous.

Football and CTE are real. That's hard to swallow, but science is science. The game has to change, or we all need to find our own personal way to make peace with what's going on.

In the 1960s there were still doctors advertising the healthiest cigarettes .

Science is science, but what about Hockey players and CTE? I don't here anything, it's just as physical and they play 3 to 4 games a week.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Science is science, but what about Hockey players and CTE? I don't here anything, it's just as physical and they play 3 to 4 games a week.

CTE studies are in its early stages . Originally there was a correlation between boxers and CTE in the 1920s

Football and CTE was correlated just recently last decade .

The strong correlation of concussions and CTE is recent

CTE studies are in its early stages . Originally there was a correlation between boxers and CTE in the 1920s

hockey has been around longer than Football, yet i don't hear (haven't looked for it either) anything about older players going crazy

hockey has been around longer than Football, yet i don't hear (haven't looked for it either) anything about older players going crazy

Wait for it

Wait for it

(*Prince voice )" did somebody say
Hockey?"

Want to reduce CTE??? Eliminate all supplements and bring back leather helmets. I laugh when people say evolution is the reason people continue to get bigger faster and stronger. Ok. These guys are on stuff now that will be illegal in 10 years then in 10 years be on something new that will be illegal 10 years from that point. I personally don't think juice is cheating because you still have to put in the work. However it's not good in a contact sport. Bring back leather helmets and the players won't use their heads. Lol

Share 49erswebzone