Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
And i thought Jed was stupid...

They are too...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Jed fired the guy who took his team to 3 back to back to back NFC championship game appearances and in his 4th year just after thanksgiving fired him. That's pretty dumb.
[ Edited by jcs on Nov 19, 2018 at 7:26 PM ]
Baker Mayfield answering questions.

Q:What did you learn from Hue Jackson in his time here?

A:"He's a guy that wants to be friends with everybody."
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Holy crap:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25797430/inside-cleveland-browns-front-office-where-hope-history-collide
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by FL9er:
Holy crap:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25797430/inside-cleveland-browns-front-office-where-hope-history-collide

It's long, but that is an epic read
Originally posted by Janitor:
Holy crap:

Very well written. It makes you wonder why anyone would want to work in that front office.
Holy crap:

The one thing I took away from this was that the one god damn time the Browns didn't totally f**k something up it cost us Myles Garrett
Originally posted by jcs:
Jed fired the guy who took his team to 3 back to back to back NFC championship game appearances and in his 4th year just after thanksgiving fired him. That's pretty dumb.

Why didn't Harbaugh just sign the extension he was offered?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Actually it was a smart move.... Had we kept Harbaugh, we would have lost so many players due to his ego of wanting to win for his own credit only.... and I'm pretty sure that we would be losing Super Bowls after Super Bowls because of his clueless to game planning..
Must be strange for them to not have a top pick for once.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 25, 2019 at 11:05 AM ]

Which ignores the fact that Harbaugh walked into a loaded roster (especially on defense) that needed a guy like him (and his DC) to lead it. Without the roster he had Harbaugh wouldn't have done so well. This is not to diminish Harbaugh because few if any HC's would have been able to do as well as he did with the roster we had when he arrived. The Harbaugh years were the best we've seen since Mike Shanahan was our OC. Post 2014 had Harbaugh stayed with a deteriorating roster his record would not look so hot right now. Jed York may be dumb, but that is separate from firing Harbaugh, and he was smart enough to strike while the iron was hot by hiring Harbaugh and smart enough to get a real offensive genius in our current HC. That should be enough to cut York some slack now and when Shanahan turns us into Super Bowl champions again he'll look a lot smarter than we give him credit for.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Holy crap:

The one thing I took away from this was that the one god damn time the Browns didn't totally f**k something up it cost us Myles Garrett
Lol this, if Haslem actually did what he does best he would've taken Trubisky
I'm 44 years old. This has to be THE most media hyped team in my left time.The Browns are about 60-70% of NFL Network's camp coverage. This is ridiculous
'"We just don't know what we are doing," Dee said in the office around that time, according to multiple sources in the building.'

How true! Same old Browns. Interesting article though. Thanks FL.
Did anyone hear the story of Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi?

tl;dr
he basically experienced rejection to walk on various sports at different levels of play and never gave up. he eventually made it to the browns invitation-only tryout and lied about knowing the head of player personnel to gain entry. he made the team and scored when the browns played the redskins Thursday night.

yes, it's only pre-season, and if he gets cut his journey isn't over. it's a remarkable story nonetheless. worth a watch.

Share 49ersWebzone