There are 311 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
If this guy cannot be traded, then I want him to get a legit shot at PR and KR. The 49ers returners are straight trash, and any special teams advantage this team can get will only help.

I wonder how come he hasn't gotten a legit shot as a returner?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
If this guy cannot be traded, then I want him to get a legit shot at PR and KR. The 49ers returners are straight trash, and any special teams advantage this team can get will only help.

Isn't it obvious at the point bro?

He's soft and afraid to get hit by grown men in the NFL.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by evil:
Okay, I'm convinced. Kyle and John are sadistic and like torturing Pettis. They traded up in the second round to get him, played him his rookie year, then banished him from the NFL by letting him rot on the bench. They wont activate him on game day, but wont trade or release him. What a bunch of jerks.

Says who? We don't know that we got any actual offers or not for him.

trade or cut, semantics at this point. Either one will produce little value.

Cut provides no value while a trade provides something of value in a pick or a player. Little value is still better than no value.

He is on borrowed time and won't be here much longer.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and just as many excuses as to why he has done nothing to deserve a spot on the roster. kyles fault. jimmys fault. last year some blamed sanders, lol

Its puzzling to me how some players get all the excuses in the world (*cough* Jimmy *cough,* ) while others are fed to the lions despite having proven success at the NFL level (Pettis/Kap).

I really think there are some underlying biases that people aren't even aware they have. Its kind of a fact of life.

Kap has a bad game and sacked multiple times: Dude can't call protection at the line of scrimmage. He has no pocket awareness. Good QBs make their line better. His release is to slow.

Jimmy has a bad game and sacked multiple times: The line is trash. Jimmy needs more than four seconds to throw. Its not his fault he's got happy feet, his line wont block....

Sorry just venting on the inequities.

so far this season the only excuses I've seen and have used myself have been A. rust (i think idr) and B. his ankle.

oline has been trash almost all year except for the last game and maybe the Rams game
I don't get how anyone can use rust as an excuse for Jimmy. He had the same shortened offseason as everyone else in the NFL yet other teams QBs came to play and won. And two, he was playing, and practicing for that matter, football up until February 2020 because the Niners were in the Super Bowl while 30 other teams were at home or on vacation. His ankle on the other hand, legitimate.

And to Oakland Niner, not sure if you intended for this to be conveyed, but it sounds like you are indicating that Jimmy doesn't have proven success in the NFL. He has the same amount of success as Kap does in the NFL at the moment.

* Maybe to you, but not in my eyes. Jimmy was used primarily as a prop through the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Then when Kyle did call his number towards the end of the game, he failed to hit a wide open Sanders which would have sealed it.

* In contrast, Kap was an integral and dominate part of our playoff run and SB comeback. In fact, he actually would have won the game if dumb Harbaugh didn't call a time out when Kap was on his way to running into the endzone….

So for me, its not even close. With that said, I'll leave this discussion alone.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 30, 2020 at 5:50 PM ]
Okay, I'm convinced. Kyle and John are sadistic and like torturing Pettis. They traded up in the second round to get him, played him his rookie year, then banished him from the NFL by letting him rot on the bench. They wont activate him on game day, but wont trade or release him. What a bunch of jerks.

Says who? We don't know that we got any actual offers or not for him.

trade or cut, semantics at this point. Either one will produce little value.

Cut provides no value while a trade provides something of value in a pick or a player. Little value is still better than no value.

He is on borrowed time and won't be here much longer.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
man, if the guy can't catch then hand or toss him the ball w/those JET ALL AROUND plays we often ask Deevah and even Kittle to do.. allow him to get his MOJO!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
man, if the guy can't catch then hand or toss him the ball w/those JET ALL AROUND plays we often ask Deevah and even Kittle to do.. allow him to get his MOJO!!

See what you did there... like Most have said before, problem with Pettis is his Afraid of Contact. Damn even the Punter sticks his neck into the action but not Pettis
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think a trade for Pettis goes down tomorrow - because of the Covid, they say they have to get trades through before the Nov. 3rd deadline.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:44 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think a trade for Pettis goes down today - because of the Covid, they say they have to get trades through before the Nov. 3rd deadline.

he's the new dontae johnson. He will never leave.
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:

I wanted him to upgrade our pr game after all he is the ALL TIME record holder innNCAA history. Even if he's scared, he had bodies flying at him in college. It's not like 20-30 pound heavier bodies on average in the nfl causes him to be scared s**tless.

We haven't had a returner since Ginn. That's why I was exited about Austin

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

I wanted him to upgrade our pr game after all he is the ALL TIME record holder innNCAA history. Even if he's scared, he had bodies flying at him in college. It's not like 20-30 pound heavier bodies on average in the nfl causes him to be scared s**tless.

I'm with you - so, why hasn't Kyle made him solely a return man?

Maybe not but there is a lot more speed flying down that field than your average gunners in the Pac 12.

Nfl guys are just a different animal man. Pettis doesn't even look like he lifts weights. If the guy added some muscle and size maybe he would see himself in a different light.

The blue hair s**t doesn't help either. I'm sure players call him a f****t. He probably goes home at night with his kitties and cry's himself to sleep.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Nfl guys are just a different animal man. Pettis doesn't even look like he lifts weights. If the guy added some muscle and size maybe he would see himself in a different light.

The blue hair s**t doesn't help either. I'm sure players call him a f****t. He probably goes home at night with his kitties and cry's himself to sleep.

I think he's a metro-sexual - I don't know how he survives in an NFL locker room.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think he's a metro-sexual - I don't know how he survives in an NFL locker room.

I dont care about his sexuality. I just wanted to see production. To me, and this is only my opinion, if the 49ers were going to cut ties with him, AT THE VERY LEAST, try him in a returner role, you know, the role where he was one of the GOATS in college. I'm not saying that Pettis would be successful in the role but the 49ers current returners are complete ass and cannot do any worse. They have literally nothing to lose by trying him as a returner. (unless he fumbles consistently)
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 31, 2020 at 6:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone