LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and just as many excuses as to why he has done nothing to deserve a spot on the roster. kyles fault. jimmys fault. last year some blamed sanders, lol

Its puzzling to me how some players get all the excuses in the world (*cough* Jimmy *cough,* ) while others are fed to the lions despite having proven success at the NFL level (Pettis/Kap).

I really think there are some underlying biases that people aren't even aware they have. Its kind of a fact of life.

Kap has a bad game and sacked multiple times: Dude can't call protection at the line of scrimmage. He has no pocket awareness. Good QBs make their line better. His release is to slow.

Jimmy has a bad game and sacked multiple times: The line is trash. Jimmy needs more than four seconds to throw. Its not his fault he's got happy feet, his line wont block....

Sorry just venting on the inequities.

so far this season the only excuses I've seen and have used myself have been A. rust (i think idr) and B. his ankle.

oline has been trash almost all year except for the last game and maybe the Rams game
  • evil
  • Veteran
Okay, I'm convinced. Kyle and John are sadistic and like torturing Pettis. They traded up in the second round to get him, played him his rookie year, then banished him from the NFL by letting him rot on the bench. They wont activate him on game day, but wont trade or release him. What a bunch of jerks.

Says who? We don't know that we got any actual offers or not for him.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
AJ Jenkins 2.0

atrocious comparison. Pettis actually legit did something for a year. Jenkins never even got going.
Okay, I'm convinced. Kyle and John are sadistic and like torturing Pettis. They traded up in the second round to get him, played him his rookie year, then banished him from the NFL by letting him rot on the bench. They wont activate him on game day, but wont trade or release him. What a bunch of jerks.

they picked a bust and regretted it heavily. Thats why they tripled down and drafted Deebo, Hurd, and Aiyuk. It is what it is.

Poor little Dante. It's so sad he's making millions doing nothing. Kyle and lynch are such big meanies
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

they picked a bust and regretted it heavily. Thats why they tripled down and drafted Deebo, Hurd, and Aiyuk. It is what it is.

Facts. And made CONSTANT remarks immediately after drafting them that they got the two toughest receivers in the draft class...dogs...a total shot to El Gato, IMHO.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 30, 2020 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
AJ Jenkins 2.0

atrocious comparison. Pettis actually legit did something for a year. Jenkins never even got going.

Agreed. But Niner talk is good for those kinds of of comments. Pettis's 2019 season tops Jenkins time with the 49ers. It almost tops his entire career actually.
With the trade deadline approaching and several teams in need of receivers, I'll be surprised if someone doesn't make an offer. 6th or 7th rounder.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
i know i know i'm crazy but i really want to see Dante catch a long TD this week... lol. or a punt return! a guy can dream
Originally posted by evil:

Says who? We don't know that we got any actual offers or not for him.

trade or cut, semantics at this point. Either one will produce little value.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Facts. And made CONSTANT remarks immediately after drafting them that they got the two toughest receivers in the draft class...dogs...a total shot to El Gato, IMHO.

Not really FACTS. If he's a bust, its because they made him that way. Despite your perception or opinion, El Gato actually had a GOOD year as a rookie when they used him. After that season he got literally three or four looks and never saw the field again. In contrast, Kendrick "oops I dropped it again" Bourne was allowed multiple chances while still being unproven and not that effective.'

The Niners screwed the first half of Dante's career. I hope he gets traded to a better situation and becomes the number two or three receiver he can easily be, given a legit chance.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and just as many excuses as to why he has done nothing to deserve a spot on the roster. kyles fault. jimmys fault. last year some blamed sanders, lol

Its puzzling to me how some players get all the excuses in the world (*cough* Jimmy *cough,* ) while others are fed to the lions despite having proven success at the NFL level (Pettis/Kap).

I really think there are some underlying biases that people aren't even aware they have. Its kind of a fact of life.

Kap has a bad game and sacked multiple times: Dude can't call protection at the line of scrimmage. He has no pocket awareness. Good QBs make their line better. His release is to slow.

Jimmy has a bad game and sacked multiple times: The line is trash. Jimmy needs more than four seconds to throw. Its not his fault he's got happy feet, his line wont block....

Sorry just venting on the inequities.

so far this season the only excuses I've seen and have used myself have been A. rust (i think idr) and B. his ankle.

oline has been trash almost all year except for the last game and maybe the Rams game
I don't get how anyone can use rust as an excuse for Jimmy. He had the same shortened offseason as everyone else in the NFL yet other teams QBs came to play and won. And two, he was playing, and practicing for that matter, football up until February 2020 because the Niners were in the Super Bowl while 30 other teams were at home or on vacation. His ankle on the other hand, legitimate.

And to Oakland Niner, not sure if you intended for this to be conveyed, but it sounds like you are indicating that Jimmy doesn't have proven success in the NFL. He has the same amount of success as Kap does in the NFL at the moment.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Oct 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Poor little Dante. It's so sad he's making millions doing nothing. Kyle and lynch are such big meanies

Dont hate. Its all relative. Just because you can't make a million dollars doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. Dudes in the NFL. Almost nobody even makes it. If you're in, you are an elite athlete and stud in your profession. "bust or not," being picked in the second is worth something. NFL makes Billions. He's one of maybe 1700 guys to share the pie. He deserves his cut.

Stop being salty.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 30, 2020 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Dont hate. Its all relative. Just because you can't make a million dollars doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. Dudes in the NFL. Almost nobody even makes it. If you're in, you are an elite athlete and stud in your profession. "bust or not," being picked in the second is worth something. NFL makes Billions. He's one of maybe 1700 guys to share the pie. He deserves his cut.

Stop being salty.
Who's being salty here lol
Trade this guy immediately for John Ross.
Share 49ersWebzone