LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
everytime i see this thread at the top it check to see if he's been traded....but nope you guys in here still bickering about this bum...this is beyond beating a dead horse...

or saying,.... we need to play him. or he has all this talent. or its kyles fault. its jimmys fault he does not play or THIS is the week he will shine
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Send him to the Patriots, they're looking for separators.

I'll take Derek Rivers for him
Originally posted by cciowa:
or saying,.... we need to play him. or he has all this talent. or its kyles fault. its jimmys fault he does not play or THIS is the week he will shine

He just doesn't fit what kyle is asking his WRs to do. He doesn't fit the skill set of our QB.

Put him in a more vertical based passing scheme and he will play better than here (which isn't saying much). He can separate and get downfield. Doesn't really matter here though unfortunately
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Send him to the Patriots, they're looking for separators.

I'll take Derek Rivers for him

That would be awesome.
Dude just doesn't fit this current scheme or the strengths of our current QB.

He was brought in to be a separator and downfield threat. He's not a tackle breaking YAC WR. He's not catching those intermediate in the middle of the field balls. He's an outside the numbers guy imo.

If he was in a more vertical based scheme, imo he would do well (at the very least better than here). Smart GMs will realize this.

While I'm like everyone and want him moved, I'm not swapping 7th rd picks or some dumb s**t for him. He's also got another yr under his rookie contract, which is actually valuable in a COVID cap space yr.

Yeah, it's a valid point. No guarantee we keep Trent or KB who are both FAs after this season. I absolutely believe Pettis would out-produce Taylor over the course of a season if he started in the slot, even if that's not saying much. Questionable if he'd out-produce KB. But at minimum, keeping him to play their position without much drop-off might make some sense.

Personally, I would not re-sign KB and Trent. Those two and Pettis are all guys I would expect and want us to look at drafting upgrades over in the off-season still. I would try to get Tavon Austin to stay and compete with Hurd and the new draftee(s). I think we have a good opportunity to boost both the slot and our outside/vertical threat at WR going into 2021.
Can't wait for Dante to be unleashed on Seattle. Kid is gonna ball out to impress his gf.

/speaking it into existance
Originally posted by genus49:
Can't wait for Dante to be unleashed on Seattle. Kid is gonna ball out to impress his gf.

Pettis last catch was this weekend last year
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The thriller dance
If he gets on the field he might actually want to show out this weekend. I have more faith in a dude with a broken bike who's been out two years than this cotton candy ass clown tho
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The thriller dance
hopefully an encore performance

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yeah, it's a valid point. No guarantee we keep Trent or KB who are both FAs after this season. I absolutely believe Pettis would out-produce Taylor over the course of a season if he started in the slot, even if that's not saying much. Questionable if he'd out-produce KB. But at minimum, keeping him to play their position without much drop-off might make some sense.

Personally, I would not re-sign KB and Trent. Those two and Pettis are all guys I would expect and want us to look at drafting upgrades over in the off-season still. I would try to get Tavon Austin to stay and compete with Hurd and the new draftee(s). I think we have a good opportunity to boost both the slot and our outside/vertical threat at WR going into 2021.

Yup, regardless of how we feel about Pettis there's value there in regards to his contract. He can get open
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yup, regardless of how we feel about Pettis there's value there in regards to his contract. He can get open

As a side note, with Deebo hurt, I was thinking -- would we re-sign Sanu temporarily? Probably not, unless Pettis was traded for a pick. And maybe not even then.
  • thl408
Deebo out, Richie James out. Time for some more Pettis stiff arms on seahawks DBs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Deebo out, Richie James out. Time for some more Pettis stiff arms on seahawks DBs.

maybe THIS is the game he shows up
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by thl408:

maybe THIS is the game he shows up

Watch him ball out and see all the jaws drop. nvm, just woke up
Share 49ersWebzone