LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Lurker:
Dante played well against Seattle before. Maybe he will next week too.

He destroyed Seattle when their defense was better. He even straight armed and posterized 2 defenders. Who knows right. Or maybe Bourne can drop a few passes

Didn't shanahan say that he could still be traded? Despite the injuries? I just wish he'd show something, I've lost faith in Pettis, Shanny should have taken Sutton or Kirk, I think both were there, may be wrong.

Sutton went a few picks before and Kirk a few picks after.
Would be nice if he had a big game against Seattle and every game after till the trade deadline...

a 4th would be wishful thinking but maybe he can garner a 5th with some decent games but I also have no clue when the trade deadline is.
Originally posted by Lurker:
Dante played well against Seattle before. Maybe he will next week too.

No words will suffice
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers have Kevin White, River Cracraft and Trent Taylor to replace Deebo Samuel and Richie James. Get Pettis the hell outta SF!!!

Wow! The hate is real! Kevin "the ultimate bust" White, "A River Runs through it" Cracraft, and Trent "I couldn't get open if my life depended on it" Taylor. None of those players are a better option than Pettis imo.
[ Edited by Irish40Niner on Oct 26, 2020 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
49ers have Kevin White, River Cracraft and Trent Taylor to replace Deebo Samuel and Richie James. Get Pettis the hell outta SF!!!

Wow! The hate is real! Kevin "the ultimate bust" White, "A River Runs through it" Cracraft, and Trent "I couldn't get open if my life depended on it" Taylor. None of those players are a better option than Pettis imo.

Agreed. I don't like Pettis at all, but come on.
I do not understand what is the problem with this young man. He is certainly talented. Is it lack of dedication? Perhaps he is not an film junky? Is it simply lack of courage or determination?
Originally posted by Gabberwocky:
I do not understand what is the problem with this young man. He is certainly talented. Is it lack of dedication? Perhaps he is not an film junky? Is it simply lack of courage or determination?

I think it's all attitude at this point. He's not with the Kyle Shanahan train anymore. Mentally checked himself out of this team and coaches. Whatever Kyle was asking of him, he isn't capable of giving on a consistent basis.

My guess is, he thinks Shanny riding him too hard unnecessarily.

You have to wonder what his practices look like when he isn't even being activated on game day. It can't be just talent.

Doesn't want to be here. He'll go to another team and probably ball out. Deep down I think he's a seahawks fan since he went to Washington college.
OBJ torn ACL...they might be in need of a WR

Originally posted by NYniner85:
OBJ torn ACL...they might be in need of a WR

Doooooo it!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I think it's all attitude at this point. He's not with the Kyle Shanahan train anymore. Mentally checked himself out of this team and coaches. Whatever Kyle was asking of him, he isn't capable of giving on a consistent basis.

My guess is, he thinks Shanny riding him too hard unnecessarily.

His dad was a good baseball player.... and, from my experience with baseball players, they seem to be a bit on the self centered side. Pettis may have some of that in him from his dad. That pass he sort of pulled up on during the first game was telling. Either his heart isn't in it, or he has his eyes off the ball when footsteps are heard.

If he truly wants to go to seattle, fine,... Wilson will get him de-cleated. He may have a couple good games, but one or two major hits when he's hung out to dry will return him to his current form... deactivated.
[ Edited by Geeked on Oct 26, 2020 at 8:12 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

The hate is real when Shanahan has White suited up over Pettis. Oh and btw White has been a bust due to injuries, not because he was ever a healthy scratch, Pettis seems to have that record as a 9er.
This situation has never felt right to me. Trade him and move on but I still hope to see him go somewhere else and play well. I dont believe he is lazy and scared and all that yada yada thats spewed in here. Sometimes its just not a good fit and I dont think DP and Shanny fit for whatever reason.
Pettis + Mullens for Dwayne Haskins or Josh Rosen.
Share 49ersWebzone