LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Addition by subtraction get it done
he's gonna end up in seattle eventually, regardless of who we trade him to
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he's gonna end up in seattle eventually, regardless of who we trade him to

Don't really care where he ends up. I'll just be glad it's no longer here wasting a roster spot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Crossing my fingers I wake up tomorrow and he's traded for whatever, I'll take a 2050 7th round pick!!!
"Barely used, house trained, free to a good home"
As much as this guy has failed here he still is one of the best receivers in the NFL at breaking ankles during routes. I've seen corners literally fall down trying to cover this guy. I really wish he took the punt return job but I guess that was asking too much.

I met this guy a few times in Newport Beach and hung out with him for a bit at some of the bars and he's a really nice guy he just seems like he's too chill and really doesn't take football that seriously, it's just a job to him it seems like. Hopefully we get a 6th
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
"Barely used, house trained, free to a good home"

HA
Originally posted by elguapo:
As much as this guy has failed here he still is one of the best receivers in the NFL at breaking ankles during routes. I've seen corners literally fall down trying to cover this guy. I really wish he took the punt return job but I guess that was asking too much.

I met this guy a few times in Newport Beach and hung out with him for a bit at some of the bars and he's a really nice guy he just seems like he's too chill and really doesn't take football that seriously, it's just a job to him it seems like. Hopefully we get a 6th

Yeah agree, he seems like a good dude also seems like he doesn't work on his craft...he's relied on athletic ability through college and now realizes that he needs more than that in the NFL.

I think he also needs to be in a different offense. He could have some sort of success elsewhere. Was a massive overdraft IMO by Kyle. Like Hero mentioned a system that actually throws the ball vertically might be his best fit.

Seattle/GB/KC/Texans all come to mind.

Maybe swap players? Not sure how Bill feels about Derek Rivers ( I was a fan during the draft process) He really hasn't lived up to the hype...similar contract and the desperately need a WR that can actually get open.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah agree, he seems like a good dude also seems like he doesn't work on his craft...he's relied on athletic ability through college and now realizes that he needs more than that in the NFL.

I think he also needs to be in a different offense. He could have some sort of success elsewhere. Was a massive overdraft IMO by Kyle. Like Hero mentioned a system that actually throws the ball vertically might be his best fit.

Maybe swap players? Not sure how Bill feels about Derek Rivers ( I was a fan during the draft process) He really hasn't lived up to the hype...similar contract and the desperately need a WR that can actually get open.

Get out of my head 85! I was just saying that too.....since Rivers has been a bust I thought he was a top three pass rusher in the draft. I know he was injured his first year but I still want him. I was thinking that would be a great swap. I don't want this guy going to Green Bay or Seattle because I know he will make plays. People still don't realize this guy gets a touchdown every five catches
Originally posted by Heroism:
According to Albert Beer SF is shopping Pettis...welp good luck with that

Someone is going to want this. Let's not pretend like Pettis is AJ Jenkins. The fact that it didn't work out here doesn't preclude him from getting opportunities elsewhere. I could see Pettis having success with a team like the Steelers or Seahawks that actually vertically utilize their WRs.

Hey ship him out. I keep saying he ends up in Seattle but I don't see SF trading with them.

I still feel like the packers make sense, maybe the Pats

Let him go to another team. Once the honeymoon ends there too, they'll see how badly he really wants it, rinse, repeat.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
According to Albert Beer SF is shopping Pettis...welp good luck with that

Someone is going to want this. Let's not pretend like Pettis is AJ Jenkins. The fact that it didn't work out here doesn't preclude him from getting opportunities elsewhere. I could see Pettis having success with a team like the Steelers or Seahawks that actually vertically utilize their WRs.

Hey ship him out. I keep saying he ends up in Seattle but I don't see SF trading with them.

I still feel like the packers make sense, maybe the Pats

Let him go to another team. Once the honeymoon ends there too, they'll see how badly he really wants it, rinse, repeat.

I could see him getting traded to Philly after they just lost Jackson. Pettis oddly seems like a guy who will get all excited about a change of scenery and make some plays at least initially.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141391-breer-dante-pettis-made-available-49ers-trade/

About damn time. At this point I'll be happy if we got two wooden nickels for him. This guy should have never made the 53.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Get out of my head 85! I was just saying that too.....since Rivers has been a bust I thought he was a top three pass rusher in the draft. I know he was injured his first year but I still want him. I was thinking that would be a great swap. I don't want this guy going to Green Bay or Seattle because I know he will make plays. People still don't realize this guy gets a touchdown every five catches
HA

Yeah I feel like it would make some sense...another one is Philly. Djax is gone for the yr and Jeffery is a waste of space. Not a clue who they'd give up though. Rather swap a player vs get a late day 3 pick if possible.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I could see him getting traded to Philly after they just lost Jackson. Pettis oddly seems like a guy who will get all excited about a change of scenery and make some plays at least initially.

Yeah I just posted philly as a possible option...I'd much rather do a player swap then get a late day 3 pick. I would have said Josh Sweat BUT he's playing much better this yr. I doubt they'd move him.
I don't know why we don't just trade him straight up for Myles Garrett.

Share 49ersWebzone